A Thread for Voicing your Opinion on Moderation

Lunanite

So that we can get all sides of this.

My point:

I don't like the current mods (mostly). The ones who enforce the rules bend *IMO* beyond their intended purpose. I don't have logs *>inb4 no proof stfu* so I can't point it out, but other might have them and be able to tell of their experiences. I don't want to point fingers, but I do point at swashy and Shockwave. Tesseract if fine, *IMO* she uses her status for the intended purpose and interprets the rules fairly. (Goopi doesn't do anything, but I needed to mention her to be funny.)

Now you tell your part. Everyone is free to, mods and newfolks, just don't rage. I tend to start a lot of the ragewars, and I prefer to not do it anymore.

*oraginal signiture dnt stl plz*

Lazy forcer extraordinaire. Also _lewd.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the case of tesseract, I will NEVER be on the same side of the argument as someone who advocates something that this community sees as logically equivalent to suicide.

[2012-11-16 21:05:49] Egocide is /definitely/ the better option.

On another matter, skeptics seem to be met with ridicule; something that should not be done and I do not appreciate.

[2012-11-17 17:01:14] discussing the existance of tulpae is against the rules anyway

This either is not the case or definitely should not be.

lastly

I'm fairly certain quite a few people have problems with swashy.

In other words you're upset at Shock and I for enforcing the rules in a manner you don't agree with in one instance.

(If this is targeted at me)

A: IMO the mods, not just you two, are not taking the "If it's OT as you, it's OT as tulpa" "rule" in the wrong light.

B: Not just one instance, I've seen it and been told of it numerous times.

In other words you're upset at Shock and I for enforcing the rules in a manner you don't agree with in one instance.

many instances, these just name a few. there needs to be a standard 'on-topic' list if you wanna go that route.

What's "the wrong light"? Elaborate on that, if you could. What's the right way to interpret that rule, as you see it?

Hypothetical situations:

"I had a picnic on the beach w/ TULIPNAMEHERE, because it was her first speech!" Tulpa related

"I had a picnic with my tulpa on the beach!" Depends on context.

"I was trying to force and my mom walked in." Not really tulpa related

"I was in line for Orange Juice so I can tulpaforce better and someone walked through Applejack!" Not really on topic.

Last night I brought some of the Moderation Team that was online (Shockwave and Swashy) into #tulpa (not my channel #tulpa.info, but the other channel) so we can discuss the problems some members have with the moderation team. You can read those logs here: pastebin.com/jN6x3C8n

Just in case anyone is interested.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I have problems with the harshness of some of the mods, handing out mutes like candy instead of simply telling them to be quiet, and then muting them if they don't abide by it. Also, when people respond to one person in a shitstorm, even if they don't know whats going on, I've still seen people get muted. Even if the mute is for five minutes, it still frusterates people and doesn't cause any better behaviour.

Jade "These are not the droids you are looking for"

Me "These are not the droids we are looking for.."