A Thread for Voicing your Opinion on Moderation

Lunanite

Right, on moderation I haven't personally seen any huge problems though I'm sure they exist.

My problems with it are: when someone says something that sounds off topic, but in context it is in on topic (ex: using a hypothetical situation or an analogy to explain something about tulpae/giving examples of activities one's Tulpae partakes in in response to a question about what Tulpae do when their host is not paying attention) and being told to take it to OT. It requires a lot effort to stay focused on the chat I'm sure, but several times I've seen some people told to take it to OT when a few lines back puts what the individual said in context about Tulpae. Also, sarcasm does not read well in the chatbox

Please, refer to Azazel as my Muse. :)

Our story is here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Fede made a post that was on topic, but only barely and was pretty lewd. It was later deleted for reasons unknown. Tulpa related? Barely.

Well, I'm not talking about Fede's post (I've never seen Fede post on #tulpa.info, actually). To be honest I'm sick of the use of f***** and N**** on the chatroom, but I know mods can't mod everything. So it's important to focus on what can be modded and not to unnecessarily warn people who are on topic, even if you have to look a few lines back to check.

As for barely on topic stuff, barely on is still not off.

Edit: There's a channel for lewd stuff too...several channels actually. If what they said is lewd, warn them for being lewd, not off topic.

Please, refer to Azazel as my Muse. :)

Our story is here.

• 2 weeks later...

I reported rule violating stuff in peoples' progress reports, and Glitch's tulpa got pissed and might have disregarded all the reports I made.

http://pastebin.com/GjEwL8n3

I was with you until

: Almost all the posts violate the FIRST RULE

: "No spamming"

: I reported Kadoh for posting standalone smilies

: And sorryman for one word posts

: You want evidence

: I can provid.

: I think I actually reported your account a few times.

: And my own.

: This, for example: http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Kadoh-s-log-that-will-never-have-a-permanent-title?pid=21354#pid21354

Seriously?

(but i'll have to agree with you on the whole Glitch thing. Seriously glitch , tone it down.)

God dammit Jimmy come on, a post I made three months ago does not need to be reported. One thing most people like about these forums is the lax nature of it, that you don't have to watch everything you say for fear of being reprimanded. Tone it down a

lot

bit.

My opinions are all subject to change.

I reported rule violating stuff in peoples' progress reports, and Glitch's tulpa got pissed and might have disregarded all the reports I made.

http://pastebin.com/GjEwL8n3

Great self moderation skills glitch.

In regards to the reports you made, they are not all disregarded; all 203 of them are still in the moderator queue, and Amadeus, Tulpacouple, Glitch, and I, are working out what to do with them, since posts made in the progress report are more like comments in a blog than anything else, and some of the things you reported are also somewhat relevant-on topic, and, well, yeah...

We'll probably be amending the rules to specifically say that, since I guess it was too indirect for people to understand what's allowed in progress report, or after the redesign, we'll remove the progress report system and replace it with user blogs similar to how dreamviews handles it with their dream journels.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

It's disturbing that not only does Jimmy apparently have nothing better to do than reporting every post he finds instead of forcing his still-to-this-day non-vocal tuppers, but the moderators and admins take his actions seriously, too.