Short creation times

Guest ramalama77

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm. I'm an artist, it's my job to visualize things well and immediately. So my Tulpa in less than five hours was formed and visualized. She is literally guiding me in this and it's a little "creepy", but it was to be expected. I don't think she is fully sentient yet, but i had a presence sitting on my back for years now, and she literally pushed me to create her. I have very little control on this!

I think it depends on your subconscious, it's obvious that my subconscious is speeding the process, maybe because of my PTSD... It might take more time for people a little more down to earth i guess?

I think that before continuing this discussion, we should define what we consider fully developed tulpa. I don't mean with imposition, possession etc., that is optional though often wanted, but what does really make a tulpa, that if it didn't have it then the tulpa wouldn't be a tulpa anymore.

Many people (from my personal observation) think that for it to be a tulpa, it has to be sentient, that is aware of it's own existence. I believe that solipsism is true, but if you don't then how do you undeniably prove that someone other than you is sentient? I don't know if you can, but I believe it's impossible to draw a clear line between tulpae and other thoughtforms according to this distinction. And if you can't do this, then how do you know when they become tulpae and how do you know when it is "too early" for one to become a tulpa?

I don't think tulpae and other thoughtforms can even be separated using sentience, because servitors can easily fake sentience and some might even have it (e.g. violentConvulsions). Then how do we draw a line? You could say that parallel processing is a big part of becoming a fully developed tulpa and I think you would be right, but I'm not sure that can be used to differentiate between them either. Why? Because servitors can work even if you aren't paying attention to them. You could divide servitors and tulpae by free will, servitors are after all here to serve you, so they by definition don't have any free will. The problem is that 1) it's hard to reliably test this as someone can be faking the fact they have it or they could have it, but are pretending to not have a free will 2) if underdeveloped tulpae aren't servitors, then they still might have free will.

Another thing people should think about is what exactly is a not fully developed tulpa? Could it be a servitor, is it something between a servitor and tulpa, just a underdeveloped tulpa or something else entirely?

The truth is I don't think it's possible to reliable test whether or not tulpae are fully developed yet nor whether or not they are servitors. And assuming others can't either, then why do we bother finding out or discerning anyway, when as we can see it's beneficial to assume your tulpa is sentient (and maybe even fully developed) from the start even if they might not be?

Jaden's thoughts on this as a tulpa are interesting, but I think that ultimately we can't use anything that he said or what anyone might try to propose to reliably discern whether or not a tulpa is fully developed. The remark about how he started to think critically is very interesting, but it's still impossible to reliable test it to figure out which tulpa is fully developed.

If you want my opinion, it's one of these:

1) Parallel processing: when the host and tulpa can think at the same time then the tulpa is separate from the host and thus would be regarded as fully developed.

2) Parroting: when the host can no longer actually parrot their tulpa. That is, when the tulpa itself can no longer be manipulated to the host's trivial will. This, again, shows separation of the tulpa from the host.

As for whether or not a tulpa is sentient; solipsism is helpful here.

Other people appear sentient, but it cannot be verified. Despite this we treat humans as sentient anyway.

Given this precedent, it would make sense to treat tulpas as sentient, since whenever something perfectly imitates sentience then we assume it is so.

I get where you're coming from, Lucid and Sorryman, but there's another possibility, that I might have said before.

Most of the guides are kinda vague in their terminology, so someone who is new might not get exactly what the guide means. For instance:

I did not use a wonderland, like Irish_ did. Instead, I actually sat down and took a snapshot of the space in front of me with my mind. Afterwards, I closed my eyes and superimposed the tulpa over it to work.

This is what they might mean by 'imposed'. I know that I didn't really know what half of the crap meant when I first came here, so I tried to figure it out. While I know it doesn't explain them saying "Durr, my tulpa is ten days old, I can hear him talk, and he's writing a book right now." Perhaps it's our fault for all the miscommunication. I mean, the guides are written for someone who already has a good idea about tulpae, not a complete beginner.

Perhaps it's our fault for all the miscommunication. I mean, the guides are written for someone who already has a good idea about tulpae, not a complete beginner.

When I came here I read the guides, didn't freak out over hour counts, and was never confused about terminology.

I was never in any doubt about what 'imposed' meant. Everything was stated relatively clearly and unambiguously, and cross-referencing the two guides did wonders.

That was at the start of August; since then the guides have been much improved, and there's even less reason to be confused. While there may be some miscommunication, there's no way someone who is actually forcing at all could misunderstand what imposition, or sentience, was.

People, especially on the internet, have a tendency to exaggerate things. Instead of out-and-out lying about having a tulpa, stretching the truth to a stage of development beyond that which has actually been achieved is not far-fetched, nor is it viewed nearly as badly as the perpetrator.

I've had a tulpa for months, I'm nowhere near the end result, nor do I want to be. the longer we take on each individual step the more intricate and advanced our relationship becomes. Some people are rushed because the end result is such a fantastic idea they cannot wait to achieve it.

And I cannot stress how important it is for a tulpa to be created slowly, why would you wan't to rush to become an adult? What you get isn't exactly equal to the freedom you had, let your tulpa grow, expand, and experiment. it's as important a process to them, as it was to you growing up.

JMHO

If everybody is thinking alike, then someone isnt thinking.

Wasn't aria sentient and vocal as far back as Shy?

Yes, even more before her. But I did not consciously create her. She's accidental. My post was referring to intentionally created Tulpae.

I realize that I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to share my own experience with short creation times.

I have two tulpae, Thomas was created on purpose, Wicker came about on his own. Been forcing for about a month and a half (Started October 15th).

Tom gave himself a name, form and was sending me head pressures, emotions and actual moving images of himself by the end of the very first day. Wicker has actually been around for years, already with a personality, due to my talking out loud to myself (Accidental narration :D) for the past decade.

The problem with all of this moving so fast is that I've often found myself not keeping pace with my tulpae (Lots of times they had reached important milestones in development, like speech, that took me a good week to recognize and acknowledge).

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford