How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

Well...I didn't. He told me his name was Dane. And originally I hated it. So much. I tried to convince him to change it but he wouldn't (good for him). After asking him if he was sure somewhere around four times, I got the strange urge to just repeat it to myself over and over. Dane put pressure on my forehead while I did this and when I was done I found that I sort of liked the name.

However it does mean "a Danish person" which I do not like....oh well, I suppose I will get used to it.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally wanted to name my first "May", but on my second attempt (I waffled about a year ago) I started feeling that "Amy" would be better. And she loves it, so yay!

And for Sigma, I just kinda... felt he should be named Sigma. Couldn't be directed away from it. I think he chose it and influenced me before I knew he was there.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

really snow just came to me, it was on second life and i got a white artic fox avatar for snow's official first form, since then snow just stuck with my tulpa.

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

I wanted Callista to have an actual name, but not one of anyone I know in real life because that would be weird. After just searching through names I found Callista. Now I know a Kalista (not very well) and that's kind of weird, but it's fun that it's a name that's actually out there and that I'll run into from time to time.

As for Lorcan, I made his sister Adair as a character for something and she never became a tulpa. He's her older brother, so I just went with an Irish name to match Adair's. They both stick with the same rule as Callista: pretty real names that I've never encountered.

I thaught a tulpa based on an angel would be nice so tried to find at least what people consider names of angels I found Haniel (angel of joy) but I only call her that when I need to be serious or when I feel something is important mostly I call her Hanna

Chuul is the name of a red lobster-like creature in Dungeons and Dragons. It's an aberration-type creature and among its traits includes its mannerism of having insane and frantic mating rituals.

However, Chuul's really reserved in reality and is a genderless red sphere. So really I named him that way because I'm really into DnD and the word was stuck in my head at the time.

I always thought for a name for my Tulpa, but she didn't want one because there was no point on it, "A name..? What for? No one else would talk to me anyway.." she said.

I still kept on thinking but never got a good one.. but after maaany many years, she started to interact with my boyfriend and his Tulpa, she made up her mind one day and suddently chose one... Zhail.

She thought it was unique and it fitted her perfectly.

When I first started creating my tulpa, I was at a loss as to what to name her. Then, the name Miriam popped into my head. I had just come back from a church retreat and was reading Exodus in my free time, so it may have had something to do with it, but even afterwards, when I went over it, Miriam just seemed right.

Then I discovered Miriam means "rebellious". :/