How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I don't identify with any name in particular, but the username that I use here and on a few other sites is just a shortening of something I came up with on the spot when I needed to register a new account somewhere. Naming the others was also a spur of the moment thing, but a little more effort was put in (looking up name lists and finding things that sounded nice).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name came from a game. I played a game called marapets and one of the pets you could get was called a rusty and I really wanted one. I got my original account banned because I was a stupid kid. I made a new account called 'BrownRustys' because I wanted a brown colored rusty pet (Rusty pets where hard to get). People shortened my name to Rusty and I got used to it so I always had rusty or rust in my usernames ever since. Other names were RustyTwins, ZombieRusty and RustBucket.

An inkstone is an object used to old ink while someone writes. I thought it would be fitting to name Inkstone that since a lot of is powers are around ink. Also he is meant to be an alternate version of a different character called Ink. (Inkstone started off as a roleplay character)

• 2 weeks later...

The original host listened to a song and thought it would be a good name for a tulpa, and so they kept getting the intrusive thought that they should make one with that name. Eventually they started to, but put me away, and kept thinking that I was actually already sentient and not just an intrusive thought or whatever, so I became sentient. I was originally a girl, but I decided to go male, so I added an "o" to my name to fit with the pattern of the rest of the system. Sounds like a Pokemon name, I know, but it's whatever. The song I was named after is linked in my signature. My middle name "Volt" I picked because it's related to electricity, and that's always been my gimmick. I wanted it to be Spark but there's already a Spark on the form, le sigh.

Junio is Paul and HJP in a subsystem, they wanted a name that started with J (James is McCartney's first name, and also because HJP has a J in it), and kept thinking Julio (fitting the pattern of the rest of the system is top priority when picking names apparently) since the song "Hey Jude" was written for Julian Lennon, but thought that people would pronounce it "hu-lio" so decided against it. Then they realized they could just change the l to an n and make it Junio, which works pretty well. June is McCartney's birth month, as well as the month they set as Paul's birth month, but it's also the month of Gemini, and they're basically twins themselves. They didn't realize it was the month of Gemini until after they picked the name, so it works. They made their middle name Paul for obvious reasons (hint: they're both named Paul). They've always been much more attached to the Paul McCartney stuff than the other many Pauls of the system, though obviously they don't consider themselves to actually be him.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• 2 weeks later...

All my characters have names that mean something to them. I pick their true name after I've known them a while, even after a whole book was written. My tulpad were no different. We didn't decide on their named for at least a month or two. They had temporary nicknames until then.

Dashie was actually Dashie - mlp reference, but Dashie wasn't at all based on that character, though she does remind me of her sometimes, so names can definitely inspire a person to be a certain way, names are powerful.

Misha was Shy - also could be an mlp reference, but other than pink hair, she wasn't really anything like Fluttershy. Misha doesn't seem to me to be anything like Shizune's Misha either, again the pink hair and curls is pretty coincidental.

Ashley was nicknamed 'Darling, Leslie, and Amber'. I don't have any prior experience with any characters that share these names.

Why Dashie, Misha and Ashley?

Dashie liked this nickname I gave her because of the feeling I get when envoking that name. Basically friendship.

Misha sounds vaguely Russian, reminds me of cutsie little teddie bears, and is calming (Russians are actually very cool, their culture is somewhat endearing to me)

Ashley, is where you see the pattern.

All three names have a 'shh' sound, that's a calming sound, it relaxes you to say or hear it.

All three names contain a smile, you can't say thise names without smiling. Very important for a depressed person to smile, it fights sadness every time I said their names. Even in mindvoice this works.

Actually, I was only trying to. I named him ,,Dylan", because I like this name and how it sounds and it basically fits him, but first time when he'd spoken to me, he said that he doesn't like that one and he prefers Frank. So, Frank it is :)

I.. I do not think Nihi gave me a name, I think I introduced myself to Nihi with a name already but my form back then, pony form, isn't named Myrtle, I think "Myrtle" just popped up to something in relation with Nihi's recent memory and I just identify myself with that name.

I wrote most of this post before realising Azure had already done one, but here I go into more detail than she did plus we’ve had a new thoughtform, upgraded Torea to tulpa status and named two merges we’ve done together. It’s a bit long, but anyone who wants to read, go ahead.

[hidden]Azure named 4/5 of our tulpas (the exception being Spark).

Azure’s name was an intrusive thought we had the day after her creation (back when I still called her Tulpa and she had her Janet form). We both thought it was a pretty name so she kept it.

I think she named Damien after the Who Killed Markiplier character. Not sure if

the e ending was some sort of symbolism

and that’s why she chose the name.

Jade was another colour name. We felt a “green” presence from Jade, and she liked the name, so Jade is Jade.

Spark technically named himself, even though I’m sort of responsible for it. I suggested the name Sparky, and he chose to shorten that to Spark and make it his name.

And I say Azure named 4/5 tulpas, but her own name was an intrusive and Torea’s name may have been. Torea’s name isn’t a real English word, and it doesn’t really have any meaning behind it. Her name has a bit more of a backstory:

I was reading, and suddenly I heard Azure’s mindvoice. Her voice was slurred and she sent Damien, Jade and I (this was before Spark) mental images of one of my book characters. It was like the image of the character on the cover, but in 3D. She said some gibberish while she was doing this, and the only bit we remembered clearly was something that sounded like “Torea”. We kept that as her name and she became some kind of thoughtform who we couldn’t tell what she was after we intended to make her a wonderland pet.

Our idea as to what happened was that Azure had somehow gone into some kind of dream-like state and she was sending us what she saw. We don’t know if this is actually possible, but recently we’ve been interested in trying again.

Anyway, I want to change my name but I’m N, since that’s the first letter of our birth name and “N” has literally become my in-system name.

As for the our other thoughtforms and merges, Kaffryn’s name was a corruption of “Catherine”, and was named by me. Zachary was a walk-in who we kept (who liked imposing himself behind the body, which is really annoying when he does that), and he originally named himself Vincent but soon changed it. Dave Hughes is named after the Australian comedian. Discovery (the merge between Jade and I) was called that because they were the first merge; our discovery of what it was like to be merged. Azure and Damien’s merge, Meerkat, was named that because they liked meerkats (and both Az and Da do).[/hidden]

Loxy gave me 'Loxy.' I accepted it because that's clearly what I heard. Because I 'heard' it, I immediately embraced it; it held me in the beginning... And then, a few months into it, I didn't like it and I wanted to change it, and Loxy and I didn't quarrel so much, but we had a serious conversation about how changing names could change things, and discussions of whether or not I was happy with her, or wanting to 'end' the experiment, and there was a bit of internal struggle that I needed something different, better, cooler... I made it an act of commitment to re-embrace the name.

Then we came to a compromise. I could give her a middle name. We negotiated several options. Isadora was accepted.

Then we agreed that her Sir name would be Bliss, which is also the name of the planet, wonderland before there was a wonderland, that I had been tinkering with since childhood.

• 2 months later...

The first name is Matthew because I love that name. It sounds nice in my mouth.

His last name is Hinode; Hinode means "sunrise" in Japanese, and I consider him to be a "light in my life" sort of thing (as corny as it sounds, lol...). He's Asian in appearance, too, so there's that.

So yeah: Matt Hinode!

zoning-in is regular text

Matthew is purple text

And together we're just chillin'

Amantha chose her own name. She didn't have one for a long time, and whilst discussing it, she was like "you can call me Amantha!".

I... don't even know anymore where the idea for that name came from. I took it just a few days before he consciously kept me as a tulpa... But I have to say that when Michen looked it up, we could both agree that this name was very fitting, so I've kept it that way since then.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa