How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I knew I wanted her to be female, so I began to go through a list of names until I found one unique enough that I was likely to never hear it again, but simple enough that it wouldn't sound odd if I was saying her name over the phone. After two hours I came up with Sylvia. I worked with that name, narrating to Sylvia for a few days.

Then I wake up one morning, and I decide to tell her why I chose her name, and who I knew by that name previously. Except after a short while, I notice that instead of saying Sylvia, I am saying Cynthia(I must've said Cynthia 20 times without realizing it). When I did notice, I apologized for saying the wrong name, but as I corrected myself saying "Sylvia", I heard a voice in my mind correct me, saying "Cynthia." Given that I did not suggest that name at all when first choosing a name, and I had not read that name in at least two months, I found no other explanation than to assume it was her. So she is now Cynthia.

Cynthia

Born: 5/20/2013

(Or last summer, we aren't entirely sure yet)

Takes the form of a simple golden ball or a stick figure humanoid until I have time to visualize a proper body for her.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My host asked me what I wanted to be named.

She heard my mind voice say QX.

It was random gibberish basically but it stuck.

That's pretty much it.

[Host's words are in brackets]

Oh look a blog

I had based both of my tulpas off of existing people, Reita of The GazettE and Mana from Malice Mizer and Moi dix Mois. They both liked their names-Reita and Mana-and decided to keep them. However, Reita was reading a story one day and came across the name Mizuki. He instantly fell in love with it an pinned it as his last name. Mana's last name comes from the homestuck character the Dolorosa, since he's a motherly type and his favorite color is jade.

So, I first got interested in tulpa after doing a few self-hypnosis exercises aimed at creating an "imaginary friend." The basic gist of it was that I was supposed to dream about this friend that night when I went to sleep, and they would tell me their name. From there, things were supposed to expand and so-forth.

That night when I went to sleep, I had a dream about a woman who was similar to the one I was envisioning in my head the night before. I asked her for her name, and she told me it was "Keira." I've kept it ever since, and she seems to respond fairly well to it and all of its derivatives/nickname variants.

• 3 months later...

As I was forcing the first time, I decided to ask what name my tulpa, Tauriel, wanted. And she responded "I don't know. Choose for me, please." So I asked her if she liked the sound of the name Tauriel. It took a bit, but then she chimed "I like it."

Tulpa Info

Name: Tauriel

Sex: Female

Species: Typhlosion

100% : Awesome :exclamation:

Generally: Geeky

I never put a lot of stock in names, but they're certainly useful for discerning amorphous head-friends.

So far they've all chosen their names. "Kelly" simply blurted his without prompt, and "Iain" insisted on his name after some very lengthy deliberation. I guess I'm torn between my Scottish and Irish roots.

Bud chose his own name. I experimented with names, calling him something new each time I got a negative feeling from the one I had been using, but between those names I had been calling him my buddy, or Bud for short and it just kind of stuck.

I chose Koharu from a dating sim I played years ago. I thought it was a nice sounding name, and later determined it meant "Child of Spring", and having been born in (late) spring, I thought it was a great match!

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...