How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I chose Source's name based on what felt right, which took a few days, with his previous temporary names being Tsod, Zod, Skoss, Skog, Sposs, eventually getting closer until I found his current name.

Quill's name reflects his classy manner and the fact that he is to be my proofreader for my writing.

Felice's name just seemed like such a nice name for her sweet and fair character.

My Tulpae:

Source: White floating teardrop form with two black eyes. Playful, curious.

Quill: Human Male. Sarcastic, but serious. Main voice of group and moral compass.

Felice: Female human. Quiet, sweet.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Caeden" means "spirit of battle" or "companion" depending your translation. He liked the name and the translation was merely a nice coincidence afterwards.

His last name, Novus, is rarely ever used. It's a long story of why this is his last name. Just know that it's Latin for "new or juvenile."

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

I picked Vespera for two reasons.

1. I wanted something a little latin in origin, and I wanted her to be a nocturnal person. So, 'Evening Star'.

2. She was supposed to be a vessel for the things I couldn't hold, so I could learn to deal with them. A vessel for all the blacker parts of me until I could scrub them free of evening ink.

Bonus: It sounded close to vespa, and I do enjoy rewatching FLCL every now and then. She was originally intended to have a heart close to Haruko Haruhara.

Though I didn't use any name for my tulpa until after we parted ways, I began to use the name Lucy because of

It's not what one would expect, I know, but not all tulpae are good ones.

Guest Riy

I have never, NEVER heard of or seen the word Zala before.

At least I don't remember ever seeing it or hearing it. I must have picked it up somewhere because it was displayed in Zala's trunk before she changed, clear as day. So I stuck with it.

Oh man, I'm gonna look like a hell of a geek/brony/weeabo for this, but here goes nothing.

Long before I discovered tulpas Thunderfall started life as a pony OC I was creating as a screen persona for a forum. I knew I wanted him to be based around thunder and lightning, because that's my favourite magic/superpower. At the time I was playing a lot of Dissidia Duodecim and Thunderfall is the name of one of Lightning's special attacks. The word really stuck with me and it seemed like a cool name for a storm-controlling pegasus, and it also seemed just obscure enough for me to get away with (I don't think anyone's ever called me out on it)

So when I first discovered tulpas my first thought was 'Wow, it would be cool to have Thunderfall as a real companion.' Although these days I mostly shorten it to 'Thunder' and really only use his full name when I'm calling out to him after I've been away for a while.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

• 1 month later...

Because ne used to look exactly like Ravi Ross from Disney's JESSIE... If I did choose nir name. I don't think I chose nir name though.

Ne has a story to share about how nir parents named nem --

Ravi: "Okay, so when my mom was preggers with me, she and my dad were debating on whether to name me Rakesh or Vijay. Basically what happened was one day they got tired of fighting and combined them into one name - Ravi - and "Rakesh" and "Vijay" became my middle names in case I decided I liked one of them and wanted to go by it. So yeah =)"

~~Guide to Ravi's pronouns~~

Ne- used like He

Nem- used like Him/Her

Nir- used like His/Her (as in "His friend is fun")

Nirs- used like His/Hers (as in "It is hers")

Nemself- used like Himself/Herself

Duvainor means Beautiful Darkness in Sindarin, and it just struck me as perfect for him. I've really taken to calling him Duvain, I don't know if I've ever called him Duvainor to his face...to his glowy golden whisp.

I don't know if he likes it yet, but I hope he does.

Duvain does not approve of this message.

Guest Anonymous

I'll just go with my first one. I couldn't think of a name for him, so I just called him "buddy" because this to me is a term of endearment among my friends. Then I eventually identified with him as Buddy, so it stuck. He also never wanted another name, he likes Buddy.

With Adryan it just sort of...happened. I guess you could sawy I felt it, like he told me it, or something? But I don't really know

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson