How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I felt the definition fit. A mid point between a shadow and the light. A mid point between her own being and me.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

Tulpa: Penumbra

Form: Pegasus Pone

Current Stage: Everything. At once.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justine (Florbelle) was based off of a preexisting character, I gave her the middle name Rose because it fit her personality and it seemed right. She doesn't mind that it's a character name because it sounds pretty.

Sheldon Cooper, also based off of a preexisting character, which now I would advise against, because he informed me that he hated his name and that it was based on someone else and that's why he changed it to Guess. Apparently that name just caught his fancy. I actually had a necklace that said "Guess" on it, and that's where he originally got the idea.

Clarence was named after both Clarence from Penumbra and Clarence from It's a Wonderful Life, his last name is Saade, because at the time I was modeling his looks after Eric Saade which naturally now he looks nothing like. His middle name is Rae, after my best friend. (it's her middle name as well).

Tulpas: Justine, Guess, Clarence

In the case of my two original tulpas (Pandora and Hélia) their name just popped into my head unexpectly when i had the intention of creating them, altough the second one (hélia) was always a special name to me (the name of the first crush i had on a girl at school as a child) so i guess my tulpa picked that up and decided to use it! (her form has nothing to do with the girl i had the crush in the past).

Regarding songohan, popo, songoku and chaoz it's kinda strange these are "special" tulpas since they were created from existing toughtforms it seems they actually resisted any kind of change to their voice, name, personality and forms so they didn't let me change them (it just didn't felt natural and felt wrong) so i had to let them have the same name, voice and form as the anime characters they are "copied" from. (fortunately they don't have the same memories and tastes from the characters and their personality is JUST based on the character's personalities tweaked with things i like conciously and subconciously which by the way is EXACTLY what i wanted all along :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Sera's name came about because I always liked the name Sarah, and sera means "to be". And well, I do want my tulpa, to be.

Name: Sera

Form: Human Female

Stage: Discipline with forcing every day, narration and asking questions constantly

I think therefore I am, I think therefore she'll be.

que sera sera

I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not but eh.

Well Cozmo was chosen by me.. she likes the name but she generally doesn't like to go by Cozmopolitan (my online nickname).

Fancyboy was chosen by me as well. However, his "real" name (Lawrence) was revealed to me eventually by him, so he chose his own name.

Lucy chose her own name as well. Her original name was Daintygal. Now as of recent, her new name is Laura.

My other two tulpas (whose names I won't reveal) were just given to them as they were based off of something.

My family knows a family who knows a family with a girl named Aurora. I don't really know her, but I liked it as a name. And it's symbolic, especially since Aurora (the tulpa) has green hair.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I was on the Yume Nikki wiki and saw the word Nexus and I thought "That's a cool word" so I looked it up.

Nexus

1. A means of connection; a link or tie.

Somthing clicked in my mind and it immediately became my nickname for dark toon Link.

He was my imaginary friend for about two years before he was a tulpa.

★Nexus ♂

Form: Dark Toon Link