How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

Driving down to my aunts house I just let her pick, and so we went through a cycle of names. Annalisse is what she ended up chosing though I was like, c'mon what about Annabelle and she's like, no. I'm like, fine, whatevs. Fits though.

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tulpa's name are Gidellom/Miyuki.

I made the name "Gidellom" with the Hebrew alphabet.

Her "real" name is GDLLM.

We decided to rename her Miyuki though, as I think it's more fitting and is easier to say.

Miyuki means "beautiful snow" in Japanese, which fits her quite well.

My Tulpa: Miyuki (Gidellom)

Not much progress, I'm in no rush though, we got all the time in the world.

Original, Sarah's Name was Emma (named after the Imaginary friend shE was based off of). On day 2, I separated her from Emma, and gave her the name Lila. Halfway through Week1, I decided to let her choose her own name, so she chose Burnished.

2 days ago, I was reviewing her progress in my head, and I realized I was actualy running random names through my head, and she gave me confirmation at Burnise.

By then, she was much more developed, so I asked if she wanted to change her name, and she immediately choose the name Sarah. This came as a surprise, I was expecting her to take a while, or to just stick with Burnishe

Chalin System

@Chalin#4599

• 2 weeks later...

Well, For Achilles, I was thinking about how powerful Achilles was said to be. And I like the Led Zeppelin song Achilles last stand. The name doesn't bother me and It's powerful, in a symbolic way that only makes sense to me and maybe my girlfriend.

“Only one man ever understood me, and he didn't understand me.”

― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

"When I have a little money, I buy books. And if any is left, I buy food and clothing."

--Desiderius Erasmus

I am bad with names so I started off with Arya (Game of Thrones) since it was a good book series and I liked the character. A few days later I was looking for her in Wonderland and found her in a large tree. Almost instantly I remembered a character from another book series I read about 8 years ago (The Lost Years of Merlin). I knew the reference but couldn't remember her name till that point and thus she became Rhia, short for Rhiannon.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

Well I had 2 names I wanted to call my tulpa, Sonia and Cara. Sonia is greek for wisdom and Cara is irish for friend. Well she didnt really take well to Sonia, kinda rejected it when i called her that name so I tried Cara and she liked it and it stuck really well. So no i call her Cara or Keira, but mainly Cara unless im talking really fast.

• 2 weeks later...

My tulpa's name are Gidellom/Miyuki.

I made the name "Gidellom" with the Hebrew alphabet.

Her "real" name is GDLLM.

We decided to rename her Miyuki though, as I think it's more fitting and is easier to say.

Miyuki means "beautiful snow" in Japanese, which fits her quite well.

That's cool, I also chose Hebrew as the source language for my tulpa's name, Emet (אמת, "truth"), to reference the Jewish myth of the golem.

Might I ask what inspired Miyuki's original name, GDLLM?

And I like the Led Zeppelin song Achilles last stand.

One of their best.

I never chose a name for my tulpa, except when we were first starting. I gave her the name that went with the form she started out with, but she changed her name after about a month. She's currently in the process of testing out the name "Scylla" to see if it sticks... I guess she liked Tess' previous screen name enough to want to steal it. I've always been a fan of Greek names, and I believe in letting a tulpa do what it wants with its own identity, so I'm letting it slide even though I like her current name.

Evidently her reasons are twofold:

One, she thinks the name is pretty and it fits her (I'm not sure if she's talking about the name in the context of the princess or the monster, maybe I should be a little cautious).

Two, it makes it a bit harder for me to devise pet names for her, which I've come to find out she loathes immensely.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill