Glossary

Qookie

I'll PNG it up into something redistributable and useable on the guide page once it's been here for a week or so and we have some consensus on definitions and made sure we haven't missed anything vital.

I can actually make an HTML document with the glossary and host that on the site. Will finally give me something to put in that "Coming Soon" navbar.

(can use the image too, for spreading on the imageboards, though)

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually make an HTML document with the glossary and host that on the site. Will finally give me something to put in that \"Coming Soon\" navbar.

(can use the image too, for spreading on the imageboards, though)

Sounds good to me. While text-on-image is dumb for so many reasons, for some reason it suits imageboard culture as it lends a degree of authority and standardization.

On a tangent while I'm here, should we pester FAQ for the plaintext of his guides, or should we just break out the OCR tools?

ちぇえええええええええええええええええええええええええええええ~ん!

How about "hologram"? Supposedly, it's an inert, mindless and unchanging image, something even lower than a servitor. Though I'm not sure if it's not be being confused.

I sort of coined the term hologram in one of my early guides or something and basically it's the product of someone working on nothing but image and the senses. Nomadic you got the definition right for sure.

Sounds good to me. While text-on-image is dumb for so many reasons, for some reason it suits imageboard culture as it lends a degree of authority and standardization.

On a tangent while I'm here, should we pester FAQ for the plaintext of his guides, or should we just break out the OCR tools?

The thing about images, is that they're not search-engine friendly. If I google "how to create a tulpa" I get occult websites and this.

However, since we have an established site now, we can probably get away with converting the guides to text, hosted on the site, then slap a copyright to Dane, and posting that these guides can not be reposed outside tulpa.info, unless in image format. This allows people to be able to search for the guides, but still, from a legal standpoint, prevents them from copying them.

Spoiler

and posting that these guides can not be reposed outside tulpa.info' date=' unless in image format.  This allows people to be able to search for the guides, but still, from a legal standpoint, prevents them from copying them.[/quote']

"I hope it's not too forward of me, but... uh, do you think you could... like... y'know, not copypasta the text without copyright... please...? Thanks."

\"I hope it's not too forward of me' date=' but... uh, do you think you could... like... y'know, not copypasta the text without copyright... please...? Thanks.\"[/quote']

It's not so much that, as it is posting a legal claim to copyright of the work; that sort of thing can even be enforceable in court if we pushed it hard enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of,

COPYRIGHT 2012 © Dane/FAQ Man

THIS ARTICLE MAY NOT BE COPIED, REDISTRIBUTED, OR REPOSTED ON ANY OTHER SITE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE AUTHOR.

Spoiler