Weird Occurrances; Where did I go wrong?

hellcat111

So, when I started TulpaForcing I did it heavily. I did it for about 20 minutes at a time refining my visualization, and took 3-4 minute break inbetween them. I have read in the forums repeatedly that light headaches are good signs, but I doubted the intensity. So, after about 6 hours of this Tulpaforcing (On the first day) I was finished with visualization. My Tulpa is a cat, so it does take as much perfection to create. Then I started narration. I couldn't do this for such long times due to lack of things to say, so I decided to visualize with my eyes open while narrating my surroundings, during which time I swore I heard it speak. I did this for about 7 hours, then I took a break of about an hour. I told my Tulpa that I would try some new techniques I found on the forums, and said it would help him start to be sentient faster. About 3 minutes after beginning this I got a MASSIVE headache and needed to stop, mainly because I could hardly think, much less TulpaForce. After I stopped I got a nosebleed (first in my life) for NO APPERENT REASON. I was bleeding buckets. Finally it stopped when I told my Tulpa that I couldn't TulpaForce for a while because of the headache and nosebleed. Are these things my Tulpa, or just coincidance?

Felix, Draco, Dantè, and Phoebe

I did this for about 7 hours, then I took a break of about an hour.

7 hours is a LOT. Try to keep it to 3 hours per day or less of forcing. Although nosebleeds aren't listed or reported as a common side effect here, it is entirely possible that what you experienced was a direct result of your extended forcing. Hopefully, limiting your forcing sessions to 3 hours per day should limit the extent of any negative consequences you experience. If over time, the headaches/nosebleeds continue with no apparent correlation to your forcing sessions, it would be wise to visit a doctor. My theory is that your forcing somehow caused an increase in blood pressure, which could cause the symptoms you experienced. If you can, try monitoring your BP during future forcing sessions. Doing so could provide a very interesting insight into the headaches/pressure that most of us experience when forcing.

All of my posts, as well as any posts authored by my tulpa(s), are completely fabricated. Nothing I write is to be taken as either fact or evidence of fact.

Agreed. 7 hours of proper forcing is unhealthy, and advised against. Extended forcing could cause a nosebleed, and does cause headaches. I don't think tulpas can cause nosebleeds, so it seems likely that your session caused both of there. I'd advise not forcing for so long (a 3 hour limit is the usual advice) and drinking plenty of orange juice to avoid most unfortunate side-effects.

Good advice above. 7 hours of anything is a really damn long time, and if you're going to be doing ANYTHING that places you under a lot of mental strain, you need to take breaks. When I'm studying for long periods of time, I always study for an hour straight and then take a 20-30 minute break, and then do another hour, take another break, and so on.

If you really want to be forcing that much, then it's important that you find a good amount of time for rest in between sessions. Go for a walk, watch some tv, anything that requires no thought will do, but mostly you just need to kick back and (mentally) relax.

"Give a man a Truth, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to Reason, and he will think for a lifetime."

-Phil Plait

The problem that I'm having is, as stated above, is that the side affects didn't happen until about an hour and 3 minutes after forcing that long, and even then it wasn't until after I started forcing again.

I just TulpaForced for 5 minutes, the nosebleed and headache came back. Did I mess something up?

Felix, Draco, Dantè, and Phoebe

Guest EnnervateIndustries

The nosebleed is likely caused by stress increasing your blood pressure and making a blood vessel burst in the lining of your nose. I'd just stay cool it on forcing unless you don't care what happens to you, which I can not honestly recommend.

No-one on here can give you a prescription for exact time and activity; you should use your own judgement. You can just passively narrate in the meantime, like Viceroy said, but a few days should probably clear things up.