I'm seeing nothing...

Greenie

Hi, this is my first post here. Lemme tell you my situation. I've been trying to visualise (eyes closed, completely black and dark room, quiet peace, ect) my tulpa for a few weeks now, and nothing's been coming up. All it's been is just looking like I have my eyes closed.

I've been following all the guides, trying new ways to do it, and everything. I'm starting to think my problems with concentration might be the issue, but I'm not sure.

I had told my friend about tulpas and stuff, and he said he'd like to make a tulpa too. Within a couple days, he already has him completely visualised in his mind, and talking to him. I don't even understand why I have no productivity on my tulpa which I've been working on for weeks now.

Can anybody give me any tips or tell me what to do? :c

Name: Nickolis Kritz (Medic)

Form: TF2 Red Medic

Voice: TF2 Medic /

Personality: slight OCD, curious

PROGRESS: Visualised, Narrating

You are probably looking at the backs of your eyelids. Visualization doesn't happen like that. Try using a memory. Close your eyes and remember a videogame level, a pet, imagine a cartoon character, or imagine a simple scene, like a beach. Try adding new senses, smell the air, feel the sand with your fingers. Memories help spark your visualization.

You shouldn't be trying to see your tulpa on the insides of your eyelids. Instead, try to imagine what your tulpa looks like in the same way you might imagine a scene while reading a book. If that doesn't help, there are plenty of guides for people in your situation here: http://tulpa.info/forums/Forum-Guides

All of my posts, as well as any posts authored by my tulpa(s), are completely fabricated. Nothing I write is to be taken as either fact or evidence of fact.

What TulpaCouple said. You're supposed to just imagine what your tulpa looks like, not actually see your tulpa in your vision (not yet, at least).

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Just use your mind eye if you have no progress with actual visualization. I suggest you not to bother with it until your tulpa at least will talk.

And yeah, eye visualization is working on your memory and confidence that you're trying to see something what's there, not trying to see something what is not there.

Oh, okay guys. Thanks. One last thing: Whats the best way to get him talking?

Name: Nickolis Kritz (Medic)

Form: TF2 Red Medic

Voice: TF2 Medic /

Personality: slight OCD, curious

PROGRESS: Visualised, Narrating

Only parrot until he talks.

No, don't do that. Put as much energy as you possibly can into him, no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing. Tell him about your day, tell him about that obnoxious douce, anything. Always expect an answer, but don't make him say anything.

Well if he is the TF2 medic, can't you just remember why the medic looks like? Also, try visualization with eyes open. I find that a lot easier.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Narration is the most effective method.

Talk to him all much as humanly possible. Talk even when there is nothing to talk about. Talk about what you are doing, etc. Eventually, he'll learn. Sierra (my tulpa) used to be a bit shy, but now she is pretty outgoing - she even makes effort to make me more outgoing.

And if visualization hasn't already been explained enough, think about an apple. You probably had a sort of "image" in your head. But you didn't see it with your eyes. "Seeing" your tulpa is the same way. Don't try to actively see him, rather, think about what he looks like as a whole.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report