Compiled guides (PDF)

AnonPie

Because printing guides in image format is not the best way (my photosmart prints them on 10*15 photo papers :angry: ), i made a pdf of every guide by FAQ_man.Right now the guide is not protected from copy-pasting from it, but if FAQ wants, i can protect it from copying.I tried to make a simple but good looking pdf, easy read-able and sorted.

The link to the PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33926727/faq.pdf

Any opinions, suggestion, etc ?

(If i posted it in the wrong section, please move it)

[update]

Updated link, protected file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33926727/FAQ_prot.pdf

I believe one reason why FAQMan is using images instead of txt is to prevent copy-pasting from people (since it would make it much easier for someone to steal the work without crediting him), so I would, at the very least, recommend the copy-pasting protection.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I believe one reason why FAQMan is using images instead of txt is to prevent copy-pasting from people (since it would make it much easier for someone to steal the work without crediting him), so I would, at the very least, recommend the copy-pasting protection.

Protected it, you can only print it now (no copy, no extracting, no edits).Protected PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33926727/FAQ_prot.pdf

Much better than the shitty mass FAQ I did for a while. I still prefer reading the individual images, though.

All the questions on your mass FAQ ended up in the real one anyway.

Eh, whatever, do the PDF thing, make it so they cant copy paste and thats fine I guess.

Guest Lyranon

Snazzy forum you got here.

Here the information can be permanent, i like that.

Guest Anonymous

What's the point in preventing copy paste?

Removing PDF's copy protection is any effort, but why would you do something so counterproductive?

What's the point in preventing copy paste?

Removing PDF's copy protection is any effort, but why would you do something so counterproductive?

If you have some experience, you can remove the protection (but 4chan is full with stupid underage kids, i am sure they dont know how to remove the protection.).I protected it because FAQ wanted that.Copy-pasting the images files is easy too, you scan them with an OCR, and you got the image converted to text (if its an advanced OCR, it does automatic correction and there will be almost no mistakes caused by OCR)

>that feel when you're using Evince as your PDF reader, and you can just copy and past the data like it wasn't protected

Page 18, raw copy-paste:

So, in the personality guide I outlined a method using a number of broad traits and then

defining how each trait fits within your tulpa's personality as a whole. This wasn't enough

direction for some people, so I'm making this little template.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

>that feel when you're using Evince as your PDF reader, and you can just copy and past the data like it wasn't protected

Page 18, raw copy-paste:

So, in the personality guide I outlined a method using a number of broad traits and then

defining how each trait fits within your tulpa's personality as a whole. This wasn't enough

direction for some people, so I'm making this little template.

Sorry FAQ for the weak protection. I am going to find a better software/algorithm to protect it from copy-pasting (i used an adobe professional software to secure it).