Do we take Fede-lasse off "Moderated"? (poll)

Pleeb

Do we lift the Moderation Approval on Fede-lasse?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do we lift the Moderation Approval on Fede-lasse?

People like Sing here, who just suck up to Fede in the most sickening way, and really, it's not a helpful contribution.
Liking me is now suddenly sucking up...

I may have been unregistered, but I certainly remember the kind of unhelpful disruption that Fede caused.
...and you don't like me, I can tell. Very intelligent and two-sided.

People may be making a judgement on Fede as a whole by the moderated Fede. If the people who have decided that Fede makes everything 'fun' and 'interesting' could see what would be posted by him without the retriction, then they may change their viewpoint.
Let them see and change their viewpoint, then.

It's for that reason that I think that this is a decision best left to the moderation staff. This judgement should be made on all of what Fede submits, not just what gets through.

So the problem with leaving this up to majority is that there are much more new members than old members now, who have no basis for their decision other than "XD hes meen n so rand0m!!1!!1!!1!!one!!1!". The moderators were the ones who dealt with his ban and requests, so the decision should be unanimous between them. Not us.
The decision should be up to everyone that spends their time reading my posts, not an extremely small subset of them. Just because the moderators were the ones who had to "deal with the Fede problem" based on a few rules and their own subjective judgement, does it not justify any further that they're the ones who should be making the final decision; that's called elitist circlejerking, and frankly, a certain number of moderators don't like me. How fair is that? It's not.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liking me is now suddenly sucking up...

Did he justify his opinion? Was it in any way necessary for him to post what he did? My diagnosis is sucking up.

...and you don't like me, I can tell. Very intelligent and two-sided.

I justified my opinion with my own experience; is this wrong?

Let them see and change their viewpoint, then.

The problem being that they can't see. In fact, no-one but the moderation staff can see what posts of yours don't get through.

The decision should be up to everyone that spends their time reading my posts, not an extremely small subset of them. Just because the moderators were the ones who had to "deal with the Fede problem" based on a few rules and their own subjective judgement, does it not justify any further that they're the ones who should be making the final decision; that's called elitist circlejerking, and frankly, a certain number of moderators don't like me. How fair is that? It's not.

You seem be missing two points:

1) No-one except the moderators can see whether or not you have actually changed, and therefore moderation are the only ones who are really qualified to make a judgement here.

2) A public vote won't be fair either. There are many reasons why all moderation does not go down to vote; beyond inefficiency, a good one is that those kind of votes - like this - often turn into a popularity contest. You have fans and you have haters; each party likely outnumbers those who actually put their head into voting.

This vote will not return an answer that is 'fair', and it is unfair that the moderation team will pass on their responsibility to an irresponsible community.

Edit: and this is why we can't have nice things Fede is still a shitposter at heart, potentially.

Did he justify his opinion? Was it in any way necessary for him to post what he did? My diagnosis is sucking up.
Opinion.

Nope.

The problem being that they can't see. In fact, no-one but the moderation staff can see what posts of yours don't get through.
I was implying that I'd be unmoderated, and then people could see what I really post, then judge.

You seem be missing fully aware of two points:

1) No-one except the moderators can see whether or not you have actually changed, and therefore moderation are the only ones who are really qualified to make a judgement here.

I've made plenty of unmoderated posts prior to my ban and later moderator chains. If people are really curious, they can go on a time-travel.

2) A public vote won't be fair either. There are many reasons why all moderation does not go down to vote; beyond inefficiency, a good one is that those kind of votes - like this - often turn into a popularity contest. You have fans and you have haters; each party likely outnumbers those who actually put their head into voting.
>implying all votes involving people don't turn into popularity contests

That's the nature of polls, so stop complaining. Saying a public vote isn't fair sounds just like those type of people that go "Democracy isn't fair because the wolves outnumber the sheep." Nothing is perfect or "fair".

This vote will not return an answer that is 'fair', and it is unfair that the moderation team will pass on their responsibility to an irresponsible community.
We seem to have quite differing opinions on polls and moderation.

Edit: and this is why we can't have nice things Fede is still a shitposter at heart, potentially.
Mission necropost-and-have-it-

approved-and

-quoted: successful.

EDIT: The post is gone. Looks like the moderators like to be contradictory by approving it and then deleting it later because it had too much helpful advice in it.

You seem be missing two points:

Actually I did justify it on my second response saying his behavior seemed reminiscent in my eyes of folks I've known elsewhere. I feel people shouldn't be so quick to take offense to things. Hush also makes the point that what Fede said was a legitimate suggestion, but just using a vulgar example.

That was a legitimate suggestion, illustrated with an admittedly vulgar example.

Hush also makes the point that what Fede said was a legitimate suggestion, but just using a vulgar example.

"How could I implant a personality?"

"Buttsex"

"Symbolism" is an unhelpful answer, and the 'example' is completely unnecessary, bordering on irrelevant.

Actually I did justify it on my second response saying his behavior seemed reminiscent in my eyes of folks I've known elsewhere.

And yet this post did not, and thus I'd probably judge at least that post to still be sucking up. Besides that, whether or not you like Fede is irrelevant - at least, it should be; posting it, regardless of justification, is definitely sucking up in that regard.