Do we take Fede-lasse off "Moderated"? (poll)

Pleeb

Do we lift the Moderation Approval on Fede-lasse?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do we lift the Moderation Approval on Fede-lasse?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moderation is ultimately a skill, and in that regard there will inevitably be some better suited to the job than others.
Moderation is ultimately opinion, and in that regard there will according to you be some whose opinions are better than others'.

Not only was that not directed at you, I can't see how it's particularly rude anyway. It is true that whether nor not someone likes you should be irrelevant to their vote, and this it does follow that someone posting that they like you is probably sucking up. That I said Sing was sucking up shouldn't really be offensive given my justification. Now, if Sing is offended by that then he can say so, but it was also necessary - at least, relevant - to say what I did. The point of people sucking up to Fede was relevant to the vote, and I couldn't very well say it without illustrating my point given such a good example.
lol

I miss uncensored Fede.
Me too.

Moderation is ultimately opinion, and in that regard there will according to you be some whose opinions are better than others'.

Moderation is making and enforcing the rules. Making the rules involves making a judgement on what would best serve the community - in this regard, a rule such as "no posting on Tuesdays" is not very good, and one who holds that opinion holds an inferior opinion. Enforcing the rules involves figuring out whether something constitues a violation of a particular rule - in that regard, someone who thinks that posting on a Thursday violates the aforementioned rule involving posting on a Tuesday would have an inferior opinion, being wrong.

Of course there will be superior an inferior opinions. In court there is such a thing as a 'professional opinion' - for example, a doctor saying someone died of a heart condition holds a professional opinion, while his untrained wife is speculating. Clearly there are some opinions worth more than others.

Except a doctor deals with life and death, not superiority and inferiority. I find your comparison to be rather invalid.

But I guess we just plain disagree because you believe in hierarchies and elites, whereas I most certainly don't.

. That I said Sing was sucking up shouldn't really be offensive given my justification. Now, if Sing is offended by that then he can say so, but it was also necessary - at least, relevant - to say what I did. The point of people sucking up to Fede was relevant to the vote, and I couldn't very well say it without illustrating my point given such a good example.

No offense taken. I'm on the side of folks need to stop getting themselves riled up over words, thus my reasoning why Fede being unmoderated was favorable.

Unless it is massive spam I don't see the need for that kind of moderation. If I was to get offended by your statement that I was sucking up then I wouldn't be doing what I preach, right? ;)

Except a doctor deals with life and death, not superiority and inferiority. I find your comparison to be rather invalid.

It shows that opinions can be more valid than others, which you deny. Even without the comparison, the point is valid.

Still, both interpret guidelines written on the subject, and apply their own judgement, to make a decision. If a doctor sees someone with symptoms of a heart attack, they identify it as a heart attack by pre-specified conditions, and then act according to pre-specified guidelines. Likewise if a mod sees a harassing post, they identify it as harassing according to pre-specified conditions (usually), and then act according to pre-specified guidelines.

But I guess we just plain disagree because you believe in hierarchies and elites, whereas I most certainly don't.

So you would have a government run by everyone? Where everyone can make an executive decision? What about if one person says "Let's invade France lol"? Would this constitute an opinion that is equally valid as that of someone with at least a vague awareness of global politics? Hierarchy is necessary to put in place an efficient system; there would only be anarchy otherwise.

Definitely Yes! Censorship makes our lives so booooring.... :)

Name: Vestochkah >> Born: Oct/09/2012 >> Form: dakini (female, humanoid) >> Stage: voice / imaginary

Achievements: full-featured imaginary body, quite mindvoice, lucid (x2) >> Progress Thread

Btw, my ideal political system would be either an enlightened monarchy or utopian anarchy brought by collective inner change, which is why i usually don't bother with politics anyway. Democracy is pretty shit.