Is it cheating?

Thomas9666

I had a quick search and couldn't find anything about this, so if it has been posted before then please don't shout at us.

Is having sex with your tulpa cheating if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Nothing has happened between us but I just saw that nobody has asked before :-)

Tulpa's Name: Natalie

Form: Human, female

Personality: Intelligent, hilarious, friendly, kind, musical

Progress: Imposition and working on being assertive

Is it cheating if you masturbate to anything else?

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Is it cheating if you masturbate to anything else?

Not really; some people are cuckolds like that (people who enjoy their spouse/fiance fucking having sex with someone else)

And in response to the original question: It's like this: If you consider it cheating if you look at a pretty lady on the side of the street, then it is cheating to have sex with your tulpa. You see, your tulpa is essentially a manifested idea, so you're basically just having sex with your imagination, akin to masturbating. So no, you technically are NOT cheating, but again it's based on your values system.

On a side note, do they even know the tulpa exists? That could change things drastically as far as my response goes...

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

In response to the original question: It's like this: If you consider it cheating if you look at a pretty lady on the side of the street, then it is cheating to have sex with your tulpa. You see, your tulpa is essentially a manifested idea, so you're basically just having sex with your imagination, akin to masturbating. So no, you technically are NOT cheating, but again it's based on your values system.

On a side note, do they even know the tulpa exists? That could change things drastically as far as my response goes...

Ok, I just don't really feel comfortable with the thought of it, even though none of it's physical...

But I know she has a tulpa and a friend told her about mine so that answers that part for you.

Tulpa's Name: Natalie

Form: Human, female

Personality: Intelligent, hilarious, friendly, kind, musical

Progress: Imposition and working on being assertive

It probably is. I mean that's how i would see it, since i think tuppers = ( > ) people, but obviously not everyone is going to agree with me on this one - so it then boils down to your girlfriend's thoughts on the matter. My suggestion would be to do like Hush does: acquire tupper, then disregard girlfriend.

It is debatable, there isn't really a factual answer for this that isn't based on opinion, however I believe I have a decent answer for you.

I would say all that matters is if your girlfriend would consider it cheating, (you will have to use your honest judgement on this one to avoid asking her and looking like a yogurt cannon). If the answer is yes and you care about your girlfriend deeply, then you should feel bad whether or not you personally consider it cheating, (by deeply I mean you care about her enough to consider marrying her some day in the distant future, and this isn't just some temporary highschool fling). Reguardless of if it would technically be considered cheating or not, this girl would feel cheated on, (assuming your answer for the first sentence in this paragraph is yes) and that's really the only answer that matters when you're asking a question like this, whether you should feel guilty or not.

That is only the moral (not religious, not scientific, just moral) way to look at it though, if you don't care about that kind of thing and only care about the results or reasons of your actions rather than doing what's right then there's nothing stopping you from keeping it a secret. But that part is your decission and I won't tell you how to live your life, I'm just giving you the moral answer and letting you decide what to do with it.

If you consider your SO and your tulpa to both be adult people capable of rational decision making, then I don't see what it would be other than cheating.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Is having sex with your tulpa cheating if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?
"Cheating" is a non-strict concept so it's up to you.

I can't see this going anywhere good for your relationships though... oh well

I would say all that matters is if your girlfriend would consider it cheating

While we may all have our different definitions of cheating, the way I feel about cheating is exactly this.

For instance: under most circumstances, sleeping with another woman besides your partner is cheating. However, it is not cheating if she has told you that she is okay with it, or if it is understood that you are in an open relationship.

And on the subject of masturbation; even that can be cheating. If she says that it's not okay for you to masturbate while you're dating her, she's loony, but if you do it, I'd consider it cheating, because it's violating an agreement, or understanding that you have with your partner of the conditions of the relationship.

So if she is okay with you sleeping with your tulpa, then it's not cheating. But if she's not okay with it, then it is cheating.

Also, I don't think it's acceptable to do anything that you have second thoughts about whether or not she'd be okay with, without confirming it with her, first.

So my answer: Ask her.

It won't seem weird if you word it like "Hey, (insert girlfriend's name here), would you consider it cheating if someone who was in a relationship had sex with their tulpa?"

You don't need to say it like you want to know for yourself. And if she asks why, you can just tell her that you were curious what she thought about the subject.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."