Inception - Is it possible?

motorheadlk

Thanks to all of you, any feedback is appreciated. I'll be looking forward to your reports.

Nice. Did they told you what the thought was before or after the thought was there? I mean, they told you that they would put the idea "I want to switch" before they did it or after the idea was already planted?

Yes. Of course the main reason I want to test this is for science, but the possibilities that this can accomplish are limitless. Not only you could change yourself to anything you want to be, but with a tulpa that's malevolent, this could be harmful, then again, I don't recommend doing this if you don't trust your tulpa completely. Even the thought of this made me wonder if I should make this thread, but in the end, it would only hinder the community if I didn't post it, so as long as people take it seriously no harm shall be done.

If anything, one day someone would think "can I make my tulpa change my personality" and they would end making a thread similar to this.

They told me before.

Jade "These are not the droids you are looking for"

Me "These are not the droids we are looking for.."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They told me before.

That's unfortunate. If they told you before this test can't be taken into account, since it can be a placebo effect. I can't know for sure, but even so, it is anedoctal evidence and is nonetheless helpful to know that from a simple possibility we have anedoctal evidence already. Thank you again.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

I'm not able to communicate good enough (she just sends me feelings sometimes) with Shirona right now, but I would like to try if she can delete my OCD. I have heard that tulpae can cure it, but I want to try it this way. I think that this could be a nice way to modify your mind to become someone very different. However, maybe some things are "hard coded" in your brain and are very difficult to impossible to change. It would be interesting to know if tulpae can change some basic things about you, but I don't want to be SO different.

I'm not able to communicate good enough (she just sends me feelings sometimes) with Shirona right now, but I would like to try if she can delete my OCD. I have heard that tulpae can cure it, but I want to try it this way. I think that this could be a nice way to modify your mind to become someone very different. However, maybe some things are "hard coded" in your brain and are very difficult to impossible to change. It would be interesting to know if tulpae can change some basic things about you, but I don't want to be SO different.

Again, that's why this subject can't be taken lightly, as it is both promising and dangerous. We wouldn't like to change so much that we would loose our "essence" or "core", yet a small difference like being less shy doesn't mean you'll stop being yourself, just that your self will be changed slightly in a way you want. Making the "What I am" being closer to "What I want to be/What I think I am" doesn't mean becoming someone else.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

I find no more a question of why it would be dangerous as I do why it would be boring.

In my experience, the more I come to who I want to be the further I feel from it. Ideally I may want to make friends with everyone, but soon I learn being friends with everyone only means I enjoy my time with them less when there are no enemies to drive me closer to them. When old men look back on their childhood and reminisce, they often don't smile and laugh over how harmonious they and other children were with each other, they often laugh and find that the conflict and mistakes they made only pushed them forward and shaped who they are today. Maybe it's simple nostalgia that puts me in behind progress and surely displeasure with the ideal is a conflict itself that I am avoiding, but this reality creates far more interesting stories to remember in my opinion. But maybe also I am reaching for my ideal by trying to negate the ideal of perfection, which may just be other people's opinion as being better.

What do I actually want in life? Is the question I would ask you to ask yourself before trying to change yourself.

I find no more a question of why it would be dangerous as I do why it would be boring.

In my experience, the more I come to who I want to be the further I feel from it. Ideally I may want to make friends with everyone, but soon I learn being friends with everyone only means I enjoy my time with them less when there are no enemies to drive me closer to them. When old men look back on their childhood and reminisce, they often don't smile and laugh over how harmonious they and other children were with each other, they often laugh and find that the conflict and mistakes they made only pushed them forward and shaped who they are today. Maybe it's simple nostalgia that puts me in behind progress and surely displeasure with the ideal is a conflict itself that I am avoiding, but this reality creates far more interesting stories to remember in my opinion. But maybe also I am reaching for my ideal by trying to negate the ideal of perfection, which may just be other people's opinion as being better.

What do I actually want in life? Is the question I would ask you to ask yourself before trying to change yourself.

Yeah, yeah. Yet the worst remorse a person may have is not the one of doing something they didn't want, it is not being able to do something you wanted to. If you want to change, it doesn't matter why, you're not going to look back as a senile and think "thank god", you will only think "what if" and that "what if" is all it takes.

This talk about "Everyone is perfect the way they are" is cool and all, but hey, if people want to change something in themselves because if they don't they will regret not doing it later, why think they shouldn't?

I mean, how many people regret losing the love of their life because they were too shy to admit their feelings? Or how many people regret not doing that one trip they always wanted to, or writing that one book that never lefted their head, just because they were procrastinating? Don't you think that if they had the opportunity to be less shy or be hardworking they wouldn't take it?

Really, this is not a matter of if someone should do it, it is a matter if they could. Because if they can, they will, regardless of what you and I think they should do. It really is what they want to do, and I'm here to try and see if it's possible, because if it is, it's going to be important for many people.

Really, this is not a matter of if someone should do it, it is a matter if they could. Because if they can, they will, regardless of what you and I think they should do. It really is what they want to do, and I'm here to try and see if it's possible, because if it is, it's going to be important for many people.

Is it possible? I would assume so. But just like the concept in the movie, it becomes reliant on the recipient to truly carry out the idea to fruition. What the recipient becomes as a result of it is unpredictable and it may simply result with him or her discarding the thought immediately. A method I've heard about that sounds far more effective involves simply altering one's personality like they would a tulpa's, that is, directly and without the need of intricate thought and memory placement.

I'm getting bad feels from this thread for some reason. I really never wanted the bad techniques my tulpas tried on me to be used on other hosts. I've always been HRF or host rights first.

And it is a very bad experience when a tulpa is trying to change your thinking to the point you write things down on cards you put near you so you never get tricked into something you don't want. As well as put if x-thing occurs relationship is over.

I repeated affirmations often then. But it wasn't too effective, because when I said a positive one, I heard a negative one back. I also resorted to hypnosis for extra confidence. Because I may not have mentioned it, but that was a main thing they were trying to attack was my self-confidence.

Is it possible? I would assume so. But just like the concept in the movie, it becomes reliant on the recipient to truly carry out the idea to fruition. What the recipient becomes as a result of it is unpredictable and it may simply result with him or her discarding the thought immediately. A method I've heard about that sounds far more effective involves simply altering one's personality like they would a tulpa's, that is, directly and without the need of intricate thought and memory placement.

Yes, but it depends completely on how symbolism works with the host. There are people that can imagine their stress going away by giving it a form and throwing it away, for most people it doesn't work. It's not like everyone can change something in them that they always wanted to change and always had by thinking it is gone/going away. This way, using the tulpa's control of the mind and the tulpa's vision, which is highly symbolic, it would work for anyone, if it is possible.

I'm getting bad feels from this thread for some reason. I really never wanted the bad techniques my tulpas tried on me to be used on other hosts. I've always been HRF or host rights first.

And it is a very bad experience when a tulpa is trying to change your thinking to the point you write things down on cards you put near you so you never get tricked into something you don't want. As well as put if x-thing occurs relationship is over.

I repeated affirmations often then. But it wasn't too effective, because when I said a positive one, I heard a negative one back. I also resorted to hypnosis for extra confidence. Because I may not have mentioned it, but that was a main thing they were trying to attack was my self-confidence.

You created a bad tulpa willingly, it is not like because your first tulpae were made badly and turned bad that every tulpa is bad. That's why I said that anyone that is willing to try Inception should have complete trust over the tulpa beforehand.

I know why you would want to take a step back when you saw this thread, but when you have a tulpa that you trust as much as yourself, it really doesn't matter. Also, I would say that I'm HRF all the way too, but really, nothing bad can come out of it if the tulpa has a "trustworthy" and "loyal" nature, or traits. As long as the tulpa is something, it will not act different from it. Deviation comes, but the nature of the tulpa is not changeable by herself. Remember when Pinkamena said that she couldn't change herself because of a promise she made to you? Most likely she was lying, she wouldn't change herself because if she did, she would become something else, not herself. It would be like giving yourself a new mind with the same body, you wouldn't be the same.

Your trust issues with your tulpas are a problem, but I haven't read your progress report for a long time, all I know is that you didn't get over the problem yet. Maybe if you lose some of your pride and recognize your tulpas as equally valuable, you would be able to trust them, but of course it won't happen, since you're too attached to your life to be able to put it into someone elses hand. In the end, I didn't want to post this but I'll post it anyway, you sound too much like myself for me to simply not care about you, but you comitted a mistake when you created a tulpa whose nature was bad, and despite the fact that I hate to preach, you should admit your mistake and recognize that your trust issues come from it, not because every tulpa is bad.

Edit: I should tell my vision of the value of human consciousness so you could place yourself in my vision, with a highly logical conversation I had with a friend of mine, I can tell that we only have egocentrism because it is a characteristic that evolution put into us while making the survival machine we are. If our consciousness were to be dettached from everything else, including the subconscious, and put into a machine with nothing preprogrammed, we would think that we have no reason to live or to die, no reason to kill or to save a life. Our lifes most likely have no deeper meaning to them, and society was built on the top of all this egocentrism. We only care about ourselves because of our own pride (which is caused by our vision of ourselves within society and what we think they think of us) and the instinct of survival, which is but a tool to make animals survive.

How I reached this conclusion is something so long that could take a book, and I have it written, but it is in Portuguese and I don't have the time to translate it. What I can say is that not even I truly act according to this belief I have. I'm still a human and act as a human an value human life, but logically I can say that what we call human consciousness or human life has no deeper meaning to it, so I might as well not care so much if I die. You could say "That is sad" or "I pity/feel sorry for you", but in all truth, "you" or "I" don't exist. We change everyday, at everytime. Our old selves die every time we sleep and we wake as someone different. Our lives only have meaning to them while we have them. And even if we were to try and defend it, it would not be the "correct" thing to do, it would only be acting as a human would.

/Philosophical bullshit that no one agrees with

Yes, but it depends completely on how symbolism works with the host. There are people that can imagine their stress going away by giving it a form and throwing it away, for most people it doesn't work. It's not like everyone can change something in them that they always wanted to change and always had by thinking it is gone/going away. This way, using the tulpa's control of the mind and the tulpa's vision, which is highly symbolic, it would work for anyone, if it is possible.

How would it work for everyone, though? What makes it unable to be simply dismissed by the recipient and how could one predict with certainty how the thought would later progress? There are just too many possibilities to simply state that it will work absolutely.

And if people are able to imagine someone planting a memory or idea inside them (while also not being consciously aware of it) so that it would later come to fruition towards some goal, why are people not similarly able to imagine someone going into their subconscious and simply neutralizing whatever they wish to be rid of?

Edit: I should tell my vision of the value of human consciousness so you could place yourself in my vision, with a highly logical conversation I had with a friend of mine, I can tell that we only have egocentrism because it is a characteristic that evolution put into us while making the survival machine we are. If our consciousness were to be dettached from everything else, including the subconscious, and put into a machine with nothing preprogrammed, we would think that we have no reason to live or to die, no reason to kill or to save a life. Our lifes most likely have no deeper meaning to them, and society was built on the top of all this egocentrism. We only care about ourselves because of our own pride (which is caused by our vision of ourselves within society and what we think they think of us) and the instinct of survival, which is but a tool to make animals survive.

I partially agree and partially disagree, I agree that without desire, which is part of our nature (that is, inherent to our physical form), we would not fear death, we would not care for life, we would do nothing. For that is how our minds work, as you said with egocentricity, we do what pleases us. We are predisposed to do so. However, without said things, I do not believe we would even operate or think. Without desire, joy, or pain, what motivates and drives thought?

Of course we could always just say there is no thought, we are simply just atom A colliding with atom B to make a sparkly reaction, but that only makes this conversation pointless.