Inception - Is it possible?

motorheadlk

How would it work for everyone, though? What makes it unable to be simply dismissed by the recipient and how could one predict with certainty how the thought would later progress? There are just too many possibilities to simply state that it will work absolutely.

And if people are able to imagine someone planting a memory or idea inside them (while also not being consciously aware of it) so that it would later come to fruition towards some goal, why are people not similarly able to imagine someone going into their subconscious and simply neutralizing whatever they wish to be rid of?

I didn't say that it will work for everyone, I said that if it works, it will work for everyone. Because reasons.

Now for why people that are able to imagine someone plating an idea on his head can't plant it himself, it is because of the same fact that it is hard for people to calculate two things at the same time (which is possible with a tulpa) or to control multiple bodies at the same time, which a tulpa can do with ease while it is hard for us. The fact that a tulpa can do what we can't is explained simply because they are at a different position in mind, they were born in a wonderland and they live in it, and everything they see and perceive as real is their reality, but it is all symbolic and for that a tulpa has a highly symbolic view of the mind, making it, for her, easier than for the host to alter his mind. It doesn't mean it is impossible, just harder.

I partially agree and partially disagree, I agree that without desire, which is part of our nature (that is, inherent to our physical form), we would not fear death, we would not care for life, we would do nothing. For that is how our minds work, as you said with egocentricity, we do what pleases us. We are predisposed to do so. However, without said things, I do not believe we would even operate or think. Without desire, joy, or pain, what motivates and drives thought?

Of course we could always just say there is no thought, we are simply just atom A colliding with atom B to make a sparkly reaction, but that only makes this conversation pointless.

The fact that if they took our emotions and objectives would make our life meaningless and then we would not think is correct, but it would just have to put a raizon d'etre in ourselves again and we would think again, for example, if our raizon d'etre is "think of how you can think better" then we would think forever, despite not having any emotion, egocentrism or anything like that.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your asking what I think you are, then it's already happened to me, either that or I got confused as hell.

Events: Gets tulpa (obviously)

Goes to wonderland with tulpa (filled with random things, including people, what I assume to be servitors)

I find a servitor with a personality I like, and start trying to convert into a tulpa

One day I wake up thinking that I got the servitor from the tulpa splitting.

I confront them both about it, and they say it happened.

I wake up one day generally thinking "WTH? I didn't get the servitor from the tulpa splitting!"

Yeah. Pretty much my experience, would keep a journal but I'm a bit too lazy for that.....

If your asking what I think you are, then it's already happened to me, either that or I got confused as hell.

Events: Gets tulpa (obviously)

Goes to wonderland with tulpa (filled with random things, including people, what I assume to be servitors)

I find a servitor with a personality I like, and start trying to convert into a tulpa

One day I wake up thinking that I got the servitor from the tulpa splitting.

I confront them both about it, and they say it happened.

I wake up one day generally thinking "WTH? I didn't get the servitor from the tulpa splitting!"

Yeah. Pretty much my experience, would keep a journal but I'm a bit too lazy for that.....

Haha, no. The idea of this thread is to try to use tulpas to change an idea we have purposely into another, like from "I like apples" to "I hate apples" or anything like that, not accidently, like what happened to you.

Nice story nonetheless, write a progress report if you don't have one already.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1) Sorry about the necro. I skimmed the first post. This whole idea (tulpa screwing with the host) is f@#$%ing creepy. Am I the only one who realizes this?

2) I got freaked out by the Fridge Horror inherent in Friendship Is Optimal, and my tulpa suggested putting me in a trance to calm me down. I'd almost written "I let my tulpa hypnotize me to calm me down", but then I started freaking out about if I could honestly use the word "let". The subconscious is like a puppeteer. How can I be sure my subconscious didn't enact some plan, the end result being that I'm in a trance? Yeah, being in the trance feels good, but...can it be considered "mind control" if the controlling force is the subconscious of the one being controlled?

Every time I tell myself that, if the subconscious were an agent, it would want me to think that it wasn't an agent--

TL;DR for "2)": please help me stop being paranoid/untrusting about MY OWN F!@#$ING SUBCONSCIOUS!!!!

As scary as the idea might be, it can be avoided. Consider: what reason do they have to do it?

Do they want to do something small and harmless? Make some rules. (And don't do it to them either. If you want to control a thoughtform, make a servitor. Or, you know, just talk to them if you think there's a problem. Same goes to tulpas.)

Do they feel trapped and want to be in the physical world? I'm not sure how to approach this one, but I think bringing yourself to their level of existence in a dream would help. And... just hug them... with a physical body of their own...My god, it's so beautiful :')

Maybe they wish you never made them, and want you to go with them. Give them a purpose. Involve them with your life more. Let them live some life of their own.

Or... maybe they want the long con. To take your place and dissipate you. Why do they hate you so much? See above.

There's probably a ton of other reasons, but those are the ones that come to mind.

If you get so paranoid that every good thought about your tulpa is followed by "BUT WHAT IF THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS ME TO THINK?", take a step back. Is that realistic? No, it does nothing but set you up for a self-fulfilling prophecy. You need some basic trust. Show them some love. You care about them enough to give them another chance, when you could have decided that tulpas aren't for you and dissipated them.

Remember, this isn't schizophrenia. If it was, even schizophrenia might be treatable by treating the voices the right way.

DISCLAIMER: THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS ADVICE. I AM NOT QUALIFIED TO GIVE YOU ADVICE. I AM A STRANGER ON THE INTERNET. ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR ADVICE.

TL;DR

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

I think you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't worrying about my tulpas trying to manipulate me, I was worrying about my subconscious mind manipulating me.

Your subconscious mind is part of you. It isn't some separate entity that can control or manipulate you.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I think you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't worrying about my tulpas trying to manipulate me, I was worrying about my subconscious mind manipulating me.

I wasn't really responding to you. I've been having minor paranoia problems for the past week or so, this thread didn't help, and I just wanted to put things into perspective for myself and others.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3