Texas Assassins

ani_cat_candy

=(0_o)= sounds like fun if I weren't so busy.. Maybe I'll do that once things settle down a bit..

Also, what self-respecting artist traces?

You don't win a war by dyeing for your country,

You make them die for theirs

So I say

Kill them all and let God sort 'em out!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone say trace?

20f06f202d89d18ebb785f1050bd4509.gif

Couldn't find a bigger image of the original photo so I had to scale it up and the trace down, sorry. Look at that great gif quality, mhhhmm.

Side by side:

9ae04b5e789d1c92a4516c74747c619c.png8b75fbc9788cba1aee6e8339e6fd472b.png

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

That is amazingly similar.. However..

And yes, I do use pose references from time to time as well as lighting references. ALL ARTISTS DO.

Want to see my Photoshop setup?

My first attempt at photo realism on the computer. Enjoy.

So I say

>amazingly similar

>exactly the same other than the painted colors are bland

>already had sketch done in the video

lolokay nice proof, tracer.

Pity I can't find the exact same pose you used, but I think I found your models.

f1ec3b03ca8733a216ef456c90a474d0.jpg

09c3875126211226bbb4435762621ddb.jpg

Edit: Reference=/=tracing

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

That is amazingly similar.. However..

As much as you want to prove yourself by posting a video of you "drawing" him from "scratch", it's still blatantly obvious that it's traced.

And yes, I do use pose references from time to time as well as lighting references. ALL ARTISTS DO.

Want to see my Photoshop setup?

My first attempt at photo realism on the computer. Enjoy.

Nice tracing tutorial.

Give me a few days to finish up my next piece. Record from start to finish just for you. The entire screen same as my first video. I usually cut out the initial sketch to cut down on video time as the first few Youtube refused to accept because they were too long. I also cut it out because I think it's boring.

That particular picture I did, indeed use a reference image and changed the people to look like my boys. I do that often. Use reference images.

To 'trace' something is to draw a picture directly on top of the original.

To say that it's 'traced' when drawing from an image next to it is like saying Leonardo Da Vinci 'traced' his models.

If that is your definition of tracing, well, all artists are guilty of it, then and there is no true 'art' in the world.

So I say

Again, reference images =/= tracing the same exact image, pose and lighting.

Oh, and if you do "reference"? Fucking post links to the original images and give credit, you're being nothing but a petty thief.

Edit because you love to do that:

20f06f202d89d18ebb785f1050bd4509.gif

This is a trace.

f31c114436a4fc109a3f584e6f27b95b.jpg

This is using a reference correctly.

Bigger size to the finished picture.

I'm trying to be nice here and keep my temper in check, however, GO FUCK YOURSELF

Honestly! Every fucking post you write is nothing but rude, condescending bull shit. I don't give a flying fuck what you think, Sands.

Yes, I do ask the people for permission before using their pictures for reference and vast majority of the time they say they don't want credit as long as I don't show the original picture.

There is so much I'm not typing and you should be glad. You picked the wrong time to fuck with me. I'm PMSing like there's no fucking tomorrow.

Be grateful I can't physically get to you.

Be extremely grateful my babies can't get to you.

Oh! I know what I'm going to draw now! *does the happy dance before searching for the appropriate reference pictures*

So I say

And I want you to post those reference pictures with your image this time.

Nice threats there bro. Your words don't hurt me hon, so why don't you go all out, I don't mind.

Let's take another look at a reference whoops trace I mean wait, this doesn't look exactly the same at all! And that was the best way I could find to even overlay those pictures.

You could learn a thing or two from these people. Make something new, push yourself to your limits as an artist, don't copy a pose stiffly when you can study what makes it work and make your own picture. No one cares for your traces with dreadful default Photoshop color palettes and boring white lighting, get some colored lighting up in there and make them alive. They're sterile and there is no soul behind them.

Just had an amazing idea!.. now my damn PMS has settled down.. God, I hate that shit.

Dearest Sands,

Go fuck yourself.

I will draw whatever I want however I want.

If you don't like it, don't look at it.

So I say