Texas Assassins

ani_cat_candy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even going to bother reading posts by anyone else. If there's anything you want to actually talk to me about, pm me.

May take longer than I originally thought to finish my latest drawing. Going on an 8 day Disney cruise with the family <3

Didn't realize it was so soon! Leaving Friday.

Getting awesome results with possession using the method of letting them stay 'inside' my body while I do things. Stupid description, but I don't know how else to describe it while there's so much distracting noise.. (watching my nephews and Dad's bitching about every little thing.. So damn annoying)

Gatto's been able to type, use the mouse and sort Legos for my nephew, Aedan while he builds.

Going to try letting him play my violin sometime soon.. Not sure if I'll get to it today or even before the cruise.. but eventually.

We were thinking that if Gatto could get the hang of the basics, he could practice while I'm busy with other things.

Gatto wanted to say something:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tracing

(Also looked up in a physical dictionary, gaining the same results)

trac·ing

[trey-sing] Show IPA

noun

1. the act of a person or thing that traces.

2. something that is produced by tracing.

3. a copy of a drawing, map, plan, etc., made by tracing on a transparent sheet placed over the original.

4. the record made by a self-registering instrument.

I believe the correct term is Reproduce

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reproduce

re·pro·duce

[ree-pruh-doos, -dyoos] Show IPA verb, re·pro·duced, re·pro·duc·ing.

verb (used with object)

1. to make a copy, representation, duplicate, or close imitation of: to reproduce a picture.

2. to produce again or anew by natural process: to reproduce a severed branch.

3. Biology . to produce one or more other individuals of (a given kind of organism) by some process of generation or propagation, sexual or asexual.

4. to cause or foster the reproduction of (organisms).

5. to produce, form, make, or bring about again or anew in any manner.

Many artists (for practice) reproduce pieces and keep them in their portfolio.

Mama went through her reference pictures she hadn't seen in quite some time (they were on an external hard drive that she'd lost the cords for) and found many of the pictures to be extremely similar, if not exact. Apparently my brothers were fucking with her, bringing up those images in her mind for her to create.

She does prefer working from photographs for a couple of reasons.

1. She doesn't have to have the model right there with her. They can do their own thing, go about their lives while she works at her own pace.

2. The model doesn't have to sit there in a specific pose for hours on end.

3. She doesn't have to worry about them moving or talking or messing up the pose in any way shape or form.

4. She can add or remove people and objects from the scene. Say, they want Grandma in the picture, but she recently died. Or maybe their arm was recently broken and in a cast. She can easily put Grandma in from another picture or simply take the cast out with no need for complicated (in our opinion) photo manipulation.

She's a self-taught artist, mostly. The only art class she's ever taken was one collage course that simply pushed her from anime style work into a far more realistic style and taught her how to use charcoal.. We hate the stuff. Far too messy.

The only times they drew anything that wasn't projected on the wall was small still lives of pottery and simple furniture.. Oh! They had to draw the hallway once.. That was fun. (please note extreme sarcasm)

You don't win a war by dyeing for your country,

You make them die for theirs

So I say

Kill them all and let God sort 'em out!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

lol, look at her imaginary friend trying to defend her honor.

You just know that when a person has to be teached art, a person who cannot figure out the theory and rules of art by herself, a person who needs references, or, as we've seen, a person that takes it as far as to directly trace original photographs, there's not much hope.

I'd like to see a video of her next piece from start to finish, like she promised. Then, if she's been telling the truth the whole time, we get to watch Sands apologize.

I seriously doubt that he'll have to, though.

She'll just use a physical reference, like how she "referenced" in that tracing video.

Then, if she's been telling the truth the whole time, we get to watch Sands apologize.

I might stop calling her a tracer if she stops her blatant tracing after that, but doesn't stop the previous images from being traces. If she still keeps *~*~~referencing~~*~* pictures after than and only recreating pictures with her shitty color picking skills, I will still call her an unimaginative hack with no skill to actually make something new.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I might stop calling her a tracer if she stops her blatant tracing after that, but doesn't stop the previous images from being traces. If she still keeps *~*~~referencing~~*~* pictures after than and only recreating pictures with her shitty color picking skills, I will still call her an unimaginative hack with no skill to actually make something new.

You'll stop calling her a tracer if she stops tracing. Fair enough.

Complete boredom.. Everything is packed and ready to go, but we don't leave until tomorrow morning..

My hands hurt from letting Kou and Gatto try to possess me so they can play SoulCalibur V.. Gatto insisted on making 2 characters for himself; a male and female, although he only uses the fem. He likes the voice better and how small it is. Kou insisted on selecting one of the hardest fighting styles because 'it looks cool'.. He's only won 3 fights while Gatto's won over 60.

After Kou gave up, Gatto kept playing and nearly had a winning streak of 50 (he was on 48 and hoping for a trophy) and got cocky, moved up a difficulty level.. Poor thing was slaughtered. The only round he won was due to a ring-out.

Anyway, found some old pencil drawings from a few years ago..

Before anyone bitches, yes, there is a LOL cat pic I used for reference for the first one and a pic from a Japanese magazine for the second set. The set was created for a drawing tutorial.

24466_421712421101_6969161_n.jpg

SCAN0017.jpg

SCAN0018.jpg

SCAN0019.jpg

SCAN0020.jpg

SCAN0021.jpg

SCAN0022.jpg

SCAN0023.jpg

SCAN0024.jpg

You don't win a war by dyeing for your country,

You make them die for theirs

So I say

Kill them all and let God sort 'em out!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

It is pleasant to see you referencing something and study it. I suggest you study some more and draw it, if you feel heavy referencing like that actually works for you, while we would like you to step away from such heavy referencing unless you really need it. Try to draw the exact image that is in your head, not what someone else has captured, yes? Your image of a cat, while far from perfect, has a lot more character than the clear traces. Please keep that up.

For your human model, we would suggest slanting the shoulder and hip lines in the opposite directions for a more natural and dynamic pose.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)