Tulpamancing Roleplay: An exercise in visualization.

Wrath

What do you think of this Idea?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this Idea?

• I like it and wish to participate.
    • I like it and do not wish to participate.
    • I dislike it.
    • you're an idiot.
    • I hate it.

[i have a connection with the land you know; being pegasus, particularly with birds. They swoop, sing and steal, you...]

The avian darted around Miah and chirped a friendly flute-like tune, tweeting each note not just pitch precise, but pitch perfect. Two more birds flew down from the trees and joined the first, beginning to dance and harmonise, and fly round the archer's back and equipment.

After a few minutes of show the bird left the party and the archer sat back down quite please with herself.

''I'd check your quiver...''

Upon inspection, half the arrows in the ranger's quiver had been de-fletched; Pruria gave a small giggle, but then ceased herself and bit G's pinky finger,

''Ow, I hate the way you do that; we've got something approaching us,''

A glance at Pruria,

''From the east, four sets of foot steps.''

[Forests! Love them!]

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

((I'm not mad right now, because I'm not sure that you knew what you were doing but please, when you plan on doing something with my character like that bird thing, let me know, so I can roll and try to prevent it. I liked the idea, it was funny, but I don't like the fact that I had no say in the matter. What you just did is sometimes called "godmodding" and it is considered to be very bad form. Notice how in my posts I try to stick just to my character and, if I do interact with other characters, I leave their reactions to them? That is to prevent godmodding... Like I said, not a big deal right now, but if it continues, it could get very irritating.

Also, without a DM, which I assumed the OP was going to be but he is clearly absent, how are we planning on handling mobs and NPC's?))

Miah was visibly annoyed and made a mental note to hunt down the little devils and use their feathers to repair the damage to her arrows. Poetic justice at its best. That, however, would have to wait. Just then, the two started saying something about something coming. East. Four. Not good.

Miah slung her bow aross her torso and leapt at the tree besides her.

[Agility: D8 Roll:8 -2 from Wild Child=6]

Within seconds she was fairly high above the ground, having worked her way up the oak in an impressively deft manner. At that moment, she looked more like a circus acrobat than a ranger.

Perched on a sturdy branch, she reached for an arrow and pulled one of the recently de-fletched of the bunch. Annoyed, she replaced the arrow with a fresh, workable one. Then, thinking for a moment, removed four more arrows, setting them on a branch adjacent to her.

'One for each of the four, and an extra in case I miss," she thought. With that, she drew her notched arrow back and waited.

(([sorry...] I'm partially to blame for that also, I just look at her and she tells me what to type; the ''A glance at Pruria'' was literal; I'll make sure to keep things like that in check, I'd hate to ruin anyone's fun with my own inattentive fuck ups.

I'm going to PM Wrath now, see what the deelio is.))

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

[align=center]new stat

-Strength: D12

-Agility: D12

-Accuracy: D14

-Endurance: D8[/align]

"From the east, four sets of footsteps."

The shadow shifted and covered Chloe's body. Without a second thought, she Amplified her shadow.

[align=center]Amplify shadow X2

(Target end, 8 and 7)

(Rolled 6, 7, success)

new stat

-Strength: D10

-Agility: D10

"Bring it on!"

Chloe yelled out with excitement, noticing that Miah already readied herself, Chloe is reassured under the company of such an adept and vigilant people. And pony.

She readied her naginata, ready for the fight.

[align=center]final stat

-Strength: D10

-Agility: D10

[G+2, you called out the enemy, it's your job to define them.]

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

It wasn't me! It was Pruria! And I was kinda hoping Wrath would message me back by now, okay, I have a plan (and don't jump to conclusions when reading!)

And please, call me G.

Pruria pulled the rose colour bass from her back and, using her wings, lifted herself into the air. G unsheathed his small dagger and prepared for the upcoming battle.

Pruria nudged G on the shoulder with her hind hoof, just as the bushes ten metres up the path at the bend rustled, ''Here they come!''

Nothing, nothing emerged from the bushes. G straightened up and looked around at the other party members, [Huh?]

''Well, I'm guessing it was just some rabb-'' A stone contacted G's face, at roughly one-hundred and eleven kilometres per hour, knocking him unconscious; making him unable to finish his sentence. Three other stones fired and missed the other targets. ((Let's say they are big stones, by the way.))

[Whoa, G!]

Another volley was fired from behind the bushes, Roll agility to dodge or accuracy to parry; what ever floats your boat. Pruria was caught off guard, Rolling 12d: 8; using lower chance skill, and tried to dodge the stone, Rolling 14d: 8, failing to do so.

The projectile catches her wing, causing her to fall to earth, [damnit!] one turn to recover. ((Tell me if you think the two rolls are unnessisary.))

((Miah, I have considered that you may be hidden, being in a tree and all; you can roll, first, to see if you're seen and then, if you're seen, roll for dodge/parry.))

So, I'm unconcious, letting me DM this battle for the moment, but there's one problem: There's no bloody health system or anything like that. Anyone have any bright ideas? Unless Wrath wants to swoop in and save the day.

If we use a health system we could use a really simple one for now. Another possibility is N amount of successful hits for each enemy, and for player.

I'm reading over Wrath's original fighting system, which is cool and all, but still missing quantified lines for a dead enemy. And obviously I don't want to decide anything without conferring with every one else, so... yeah...

Also, what if there really isn't supposed to be fighting in the way I'm thinking of it, as in 99% roleplay fighting... thingy... damnit Wrath, get yo ass online!

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

((I've been wondering what happened to OP as well. We may have to take matters into our own hands.

Yes do that, I'e been ill and sleep deprived these past few days. If you don't mind I'll occasionally play the bad guy NPC's because dispite coming up with the idea I am clearly nowhere near as good at role-playing as you guys.

''Well, I'm guessing it was just some rabb-'' A stone contacted G's face, at roughly one-hundred and eleven kilometres per hour, knocking him unconscious; making him unable to finish his sentence. Three other stones fired and missed the other targets. ((Let's say they are big stones, by the way.))

Whoa whoa hold up, could you explain in brackets what it is that you guys are facing here. I have no idea what creature(s) is behind those bushes, and I'm having difficulty imagining what could actually throw stones like that.

How about this, rewind slightly (my appologies):

Pruria pulled the rose colour bass from her back and, using her wings, lifted herself into the air. G unsheathed his small dagger and prepared for the upcoming battle.

Pruria nudged G on the shoulder with her hind hoof, just as the bushes ten metres up the path at the bend rustled, ''Here they come!''

Nothing, nothing emerged from the bushes. G straightened up and looked around at the other party members, [Huh?]

''Well, I'm guessing it was just some rabb-' A growling beast burst forth from the brush, it was a Warg, a vicious, large wolf-like creature native to the woods.

wargs4.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1352432631064

It's black hide contrasted harshly against the golden trees surrounding it, golden leaves clung to it's mane from having burst through the brush. The warg snarled fiercely at Pruria, getting into a crouching position, body low, ears pealed back and preparing to pounce and maul her to death.

Suggestion: Somebody better help her, she's only a bard after-all.

(Just to clarify the warg has no rider, it's feral)

Ward stats:

Attributes: Strength — 8d

Agility — 6d

Accuracy — 14d

Endurance — 10d

Charisma — 999d

Intelligence — 999d

Luck — 80d

Traits:

Maul: the warg will inflict bleeding upon it's victim with its claws and teeth. Roles strength.

pounce: The warg will leap at it's prey and proceed in mauling them if it is successful. Roles accuracy (note you can role to have your character jump out of the way, if you role lower then the warg gets in accuracy then you are successful.

[is everyone Ok with this?]

The feral warg attempt to pounce on Pruria, it's powerful hind legs send it hurtling into the air before anyone can react:

Warg rolls 6, he's dead on target, see if you can roll to get the Pegasus the hell outta dodge.

Also we'll be doing real-time stuff in skype due to IRC programs costing money. Skype is free and has dice-rolling capabilities. Just disconnect your microphone or alternativly we'll just not do a audio call. Remember my name is:

Wrath...AHopelessEndeavor

my avatar:

mlfw8008_small.jpg

((Hmmmmm... We could do a little work.

A. Assign ourselves levels.

B. Depending on class, maybe race, assign hit points. (These should increase by level.)

C. Let's assume we all have normal weapons. We need to give damage ratings to those weapons, then assign skills to those weapons. A roll subtracts from that weapons damage. Ex: Bow: Dam 15 Skill: Accuracy. Acc. Roll: D9, 15-9=11 total Dam. We then subtract the damage points from the HP of the target until dead (0 HP) or disabled.

To be disabled an NPC or monster must be at 5% health and the attacker must roll of accuracy, despite weapon skill. A good roll, let's say D8 and below, results in disablement. A roll above D8 leads to regular HP depletion.

The system is simple and badly defined at this point, but we can work it out as we go.

Also, it may be a good idea to add a few more traits, such as Perception.))

The system is simple and badly defined at this point, but we can work it out as we go.

Also, it may be a good idea to add a few more traits, such as Perception.))

Yes it is, but it's meant to be. I'd rather not have classes, levels and health points as you don't have these things in real life. I'd rather just use imagination as any more will bog down game-play fro first time players.

It's not up to me in any-case, we'll see what everyone else thinks.

I like Jax's (or Mirah's? I apologise that I haven't asked who's actually talking yet,) idea: it's simple and easily calculable. Though I don't think we should have class bonuses/defects, that's where it get's complicated; race bound aliments are okay, in my opinion, though. I don't like the idea of levels either, then we have to take exp into account and the entire thing spirals out of control.

[bard, ppfftt.] She's a bard-barian, mind my terrible choice in name; her bass doubles a a sword—being sharpened—or axe of some sort; how do you think we kill things with just a little dagger? :D

I left the enemies uncovered on purpose, Wrath, so that you could decide what they should be; I was thinking goblins or something boring like that. And the shots were fired from a slings, average sling projectile is 111km/hr (I got that from a form dedicated, entirely, to sling shots, bows and crossbows.) I had a plan, but this is a lot more awesome.

Pruria sees the warg pouncing towards her, Rolled d14: 5, and with one pump of her wings narrowly escapes being mauled, the wrag's claws brushing off her snout.

The pegasus refaces the beast and better readies herself for its next action.

((I think we should surround it. We aren't using temperament or aliment but my guess, because it's a wild animal, is that he'll try to at least run away if we surround him.))

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.