Sign in to follow this  
StratoPegasus

Old Habit Making Discerning Parroting Difficult

First off, I'm new...so hai guys.

Next, I am in the process of creating a pony tulpa (who would've guessed with a username like mine?xD), but I'm running into a problem that has made dialogue between my proto-tulpa and I difficult.

Anyway, for most of my teenage years I had this habit of having conversations with myself. I would talk to myself in my head and respond again in my head in either my own voice, or the voice of somebody else (did it for a while with pony characters after becoming a brony, but before discovering tulpas). Anyway, I got so good at this that I could create long, completely natural-feeling conversations with myself at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, I'm working on my tulpa, and we're having conversations in wonderland, as well as during the day (I do this a lot while gaming, I'll "draw her up" in my thoughts in my head and we'll converse about the game while I play it), and I'm worried if this is real or if it is just really convincing parroting due to all the self-conversation I've had in the past.

What do you guys think? Anyone else had this habit? What problems did it cause with creating your tulpa and how did you overcome it if it was a problem?

Welcome to the forums.

I have seen one other person who had something like this, but it was movement based too. As in, mind adventures. If you have stopped this, I don't think it should make much of a difference, except for making narration easier.

My advice is not to worry about it. Just believe that the responses are from your pony friend, and you should be all good.

My opinions are all subject to change.

I have similiar problem, except pretty much all my thought processes are like that. It's almost never internal monologue, but a conversation where the "other" side plays devil's advocate.

Still have to find a way to deal with this.

We need more Christianity in this forum to get rid of all these devils advocating the exact opposite the hosts think all the time.

If you're making a demon tupper, though: great.