[split] Removing the shout box

Purlox

What about we just simply remove shoutbox?

There is no point in it, because if you want a chat, then you can go to the IRC channels. The official IRC channels are moderated much more unlike the Shoutbox. The almost unmoderated nature of shoutbox makes it a good place for people to post random messages that might make us seem bad (e.g. this). It leads to no useful conversations, because if anyone ever thought about having one, then they would need to make a log of the conversation manually instead of automatically like most IRC clients can do. Also there is less people active in there, so getting an answer to a question might be harder. etc.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>suggests removing unmoderated, free shoutbox

>says everyone should join nazi channels where everyone gets muted for no reason while moderators themselves break rules

Oh man, never change, Murrypurry.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Don't remove the shoutbox. The shoubox is a great way for members to get to know each other and feel more comfortable around here.

My opinions are all subject to change.

The shoutbox doesn't bother me, but I don't think it would leave any good impression on any new member looking to join the community. It is pretty much the first thing they see on the forums after all, and when 90% of it consists of tuppersex, life drama, and variances of the word faggot; it wouldn't make the community look very credible or professional.

I wouldn't go as far as getting rid of it, maybe just hide it from view or something similar.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

When you join, you can't see it for the first three days.

So making us look bad is going to be postponed for three days from the start of registration ... [sarcasm]certainly fixes the issue[/sarcasm].

The point is that they will see the forums for three days, so they won't have a bad first impression. Besides, if you go to the shoutbox and ask for help, who ever is eatching the shoutbox will help. New members aren't shunned there either.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Valentine_ entered the room.

Fede-lasse: purr

***Valentine_ purrs and snuggles up to Fede

Valentine_: Stereo feedback <3

***Fede-lasse reminds Valdo that Fede is hard, and his boner is actually so hard it's keeping Valdo away.

***Valentine_ snuggles the boner :I

Fede-lasse: spllltftftffrt

Valentine_: :3

Fede-lasse: The hell is wrong with you, making random people splurt when you enter the IRC conference room.

Valentine_: Merry Christmas~

Yeah , no thanks.

>suggests removing unmoderated, free shoutbox

>says everyone should join nazi channels where everyone gets muted for no reason while moderators themselves break rules

Also this.

You never went to #tuppers, 412. Don't try be a wisenheimer.

Never claimed i had. That was a direct copy paste from your post in this thread. i have seen .info though and the original one. They were both pretty much the same.