[split] Removing the shout box

Purlox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that unmoderated chat is good, but the problem is having it right at the top of the front page of the site. A shoutbox could be at the bottom, or, better, out of sight on a dedicated page. Of course, it would be a cinch to set up an IRC channel that is unmoderated. As a demonstration, join #tulpashoutbox on Rizon, a channel that I created completely free in a matter of seconds.

Guest Anonymous

If the shoutbox is replaced by an IRC client on the forums (vs. the chat tab), it should at least look PURDY.

There's already #tuppers for that, but an IRC channel isn't going to work for those who say they don't want to use IRC.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

but-- but-- if we get rid of the shoutbox, I won't be able to see Sand-kun's and Josh-kun's hilarious comments! ;_;

Stan (my tulpa): "sometimes, I do lewd things when my host bends over :3"

Move it to the bottom of the page, problem solved.

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.

Maybe we're a little late to the party. We joined the shoutbox because we can't IRC on mobile.(Which I am stuck with for the time being) We would stay even with a functional desktop for the peopple that are there and the ability to express yourself freely(and read what others have freely expressed)

Can someone from the people that can't use IRC on mobile say what mobile they use? I know of people that use Android phones and iPhones and they can use IRC just fine.

Maybe you could just scooch the shoutbox down to the bottom of the page, instead of the top, or hide it/make it less noticeable, so people won't see unsavory shouts as soon as they come here, if that's what the issue is. But don't get rid of it, please.

This seems fair, if this really is an issue (I can sort of see it being one, I guess). That being said-

Perhaps it would not leave such a fantastic first-impression on people just getting into the site, but as soon as they look into the forums themselves, or go to the IRC, they won't find things much different.

Wh-what about me, Beary?

Go to bed.