[split] Removing the shout box

Purlox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

This is an on-topic safe for work forum that should have a high amount of signal and generally be a kind and safe community.

Let's show some random lines from the shoutbox and analyze how they are helping the development of tulpae and being kind and such.

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:51 -- * Sands fucks it

» (report) MegaBusta - 16-01-22:16 -- eh?

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:15 -- http://tulpa.info/forums/User-Peter-Layla but here

» (report) MegaBusta - 16-01-22:15 -- sheit

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:15 -- Didn't notice the date just changed for me, huh

» (report) Christopher Bane - 16-01-22:15 -- I only see 3 and 1 hidden. Confused

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:15 -- you might not be able to see it

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:15 -- oh right, my time zone's different

» (report) Sands - 16-01-22:15 -- There's even a fucking title there

» Glass - 16-01-21:57 -- hehe

» HollyC - 16-01-21:57 -- Horn sandwich?

» MegaBusta - 16-01-21:57 -- tell me your secrets

» Glass - 16-01-21:57 -- Horns and claws grow back, silly.

» MegaBusta - 16-01-21:56 -- how does it regen

» Glass - 16-01-21:56 -- Nope! Maybe later. Sandwich!

» Jimmy - 16-01-21:56 -- H: You are the cancer of the shoutbox, Pixel.

» Aarix - 16-01-21:56 -- "MY TULPA PALS!! *squeezes maya and holly*

» Maya - 16-01-21:56 -- Are you eating yourself again glass

» Coinflipper - 16-01-21:56 -- Hi Sam, Aarix.

» HollyC - 16-01-21:56 -- THE FEEEEELS

» Jimmy - 16-01-21:56 -- P: You forgot me! *joins hug*

» Glass - 16-01-21:56 -- Hi Sam! I'm here too, just eeeeeeeating.

» HollyC - 16-01-21:56 -- *Squeeses back*

» Aarix - 16-01-21:55 -- "MY TULPA PALS!! *squeezes maya and holly*

» HollyC - 16-01-21:55 -- Hey sam!!

Not to mention the server stress the sucker causes.

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys I made #tulpa.shoutbox on Rizon. Constant shoutbox users should please contact me to get moderator permissons there.

All right. I'm going to attempt to compile, condense, and itemize all arguments for removing the shoutbox, and give my opinion and that of others' for each one.

Argument for removal 1: Some content makes the site look unprofessional. There is swearing and frivolous behavior going on a lot. This makes people not want to join the community.

Counter: We're not professional. We suck and haven't done any real science or research in months. Looking at you for that one Pleeb, with your magical robot that was supposed to let tulpas talk or whatever. Frivolous behavior and swearing takes place everywhere else on the site, in the guides, in the IRC, and in all the boards. So we can go ahead and dismiss this argument on the grounds that is not based in truth.

Also it's probably horse shit that looking 'unprofessional' makes people leave, the same incident with the people from dreamviews gets cited each time but who's to say we wanted those people, or that they didn't end up joining anyway? I think that casual behavior is attractive since it is congruent with the atmosphere here, let's not pretend we're anything more than the imaginary friends club right now. Who's to say the casual attitude doesn't attract more good people than "the professional one" which as a reminder does not exist. Cuz the IRC is just as bad if not worse.

Move shoutbox to bottom of page/elsewhere so it's not as easy to find.

Argument for removal 2: Just use IRC.

tl;dr A compilation of quotes from these two following threads that support keeping the bocks for several individually stated reasons, I am only reiterating them here because:

You know what? Back when Purlox posted his thread, I was asking you people to give your comments then. I spammed that topic in the shoutbox, I spammed it in IRC. I said "The people who complain are the ones that don't like how things are, and the people who are content (even if they're the masses) don't say anything about it. So you need to make your comments on why you want to keep the shoutbox." Not many people responded, and there obviously wasn't a good enough arguement to warrent keeping it.

When you people see someone complaining in the Questions and Comments board about changing things and you don't want it changed then you should learn to actually respond to it. If the masses that are content with how things are actually expressed their content then things like this wouldn't happen.

>Not many people responded

>Wasn't a good enough argument to warrant keeping it

>If the masses that are content with how things are actually expressed their content then things like this wouldn't happen

fU7sr.jpg

>suggests removing unmoderated, free shoutbox

>says everyone should join nazi channels where everyone gets muted for no reason while moderators themselves break rules

Don't remove the shoutbox. The shoubox is a great way for members to get to know each other and feel more comfortable around here.

They will see the forums for three days, so they won't have a bad first impression. Besides, if you go to the shoutbox and ask for help, who ever is eatching the shoutbox will help. New members aren't shunned there either.

Valentine_ entered the room.

Fede-lasse: purr

***Valentine_ purrs and snuggles up to Fede

Valentine_: Stereo feedback <3

***Fede-lasse reminds Valdo that Fede is hard, and his boner is actually so hard it's keeping Valdo away.

***Valentine_ snuggles the boner :I

Fede-lasse: spllltftftffrt

Valentine_: :3

Fede-lasse: The hell is wrong with you, making random people splurt when you enter the IRC conference room.

Valentine_: Merry Christmas~

Yeah , no thanks.

I recall when the forums were down for a few days, when it went back up there was a member posting in the shoutbox saying something like, "I'm glad the shoutbox is back up again! I can't access the IRC at school, and my tulpa talks with her friends in the shoutbox."

I would be content with letting the shoutbox stay; if you really wanted, it could be moved to the bottom of the forums instead of the top, idk.

I like the SB because it isn't as populated as the IRC. Because of that, you can have your question get more exposure. Also, the shout box has a major feature that I like, the report feature. Moderation in the IRC only happens if the mods are online, and they see the offending text. If they don't, then the offender may get away with it. To counteract the reality of mods having to be other places, Pleeb and others have elected other mods. As of right now, there are 11 idling mods. All those mods can lead to differences in moderation. Which can lead to nazi mods. With the shitbox, you can report a post and it'll be seen by moderation, regardless off whether any mods are online when you report it.

Something to note is that someone can only be banned from the shoutbox by an admin, and not by a mod. Which meant that when Kadoh went on his spamming streak, rather than being banned from the SB, he got a 3 day ban.

I do like how the shit box has an archive off all the shouts in it, a feature that the IRC is missing.

Jesus, what is it with people wearing their tuppers as badges in their names over there when they're not even talking?

I come here for the shoutbox. It's my favorite part of the forums.

I like that it's smaller than IRC, (cept when Vice starts stuff and everyone gets in on it) and I like the convenience of it. You get on the forums and bam, there it is.

I also like the fact that it isn't moderated as much as the IRC is. Yes, there's a lot of shitshouting, but I don't think many people mind much. At least I don't. I have a much easier time communicating freely in the shoutbox than the IRC, since I don't feel quite so stifled in it. Neither me nor Tealeap can manage to hold a comfortable conversation in the .info IRC channel (or even OT) because of devoice-happy mods and traffic from people I either do not know or don't care about. Typically for us, conversation in the shoutbox is casual and easy, but can be informative when we need it to be, depending on who is lurking around it, and if someone asks a legit tulpa-related question, I've yet to see it ignored.

Also, the very manner of communication in the shoutbox is different from the IRC. When someone drops into the shoutbox that's new, they almost always get at least one greeting from somebody, where as in the IRC you can drop in and be completely ignored. Maybe this would change if the shoutbox became as populated as the IRC, but even then, the more compact nature of the box makes it seem more...approachable, I guess.

Perhaps it would not leave such a fantastic first-impression on people just getting into the site, but as soon as they look into the forums themselves, or go to the IRC, they won't find things much different.

Maybe you could just scooch the shoutbox down to the bottom of the page, instead of the top, or hide it/make it less noticeable, so people won't see unsavory shouts as soon as they come here, if that's what the issue is. But don't get rid of it, please.

>The official IRC channels are moderated much more unlike the Shoutbox. The almost unmoderated nature of shoutbox makes it a good place for people to post random messages that might make us seem bad...

Trust me, hopping in the circlejerkfest that is #.info makes us seem much worse for the newcomers you want to attract than whatever goes in on the shoutbox. The "official" channels are nothing more than hugboxes where you can't voice your opinion without risking a mute for "harassing".

Also the unofficial channels aren't listed anywhere, so yes, removing the shoutbox and telling people to join the IRC would be forcing them to join the official ones, as they don't know what other channels there are.

The shoutbox is one of my favorite parts of the site, it is both a place to socialize and the first place new members come with their questions, please don't remove it. If some new member actually gets scared off by us just dicking around having a good time in the shoutbox, then I honestly won't be sorry to see them go.

Maybe we're a little late to the party. We joined the shoutbox because we can't IRC on mobile.(Which I am stuck with for the time being) We would stay even with a functional desktop for the peopple that are there and the ability to express yourself freely(and read what others have freely expressed)

The irc is unpleasant. The shoutbox has always been comforting and inviting. If you take it down, you'll just piss off a lot of members here. If we don't seem "professional" thats fine. This is a community with one thing in common: that we have tulpas. If you would to make a shoutbox irc, that would kind of soften the blow but render the webclip of the shoutbox i have on my phone useless. The irc works on mobile but is a GIANT pain. Especially on data. Point is, everything's fine as is. I remember in August, josh, yotslot and kadoh helped me reach my tulpa. I promise you the people on the irc wouldnt have been effective.

I don't like the IRC and only ever come here for the shoutbox recently. So yeah.

I think it's obvious we still like the shoutbox.

# who voiced wanting to keep it:

~12, not counting tulpas

# who want it gone:

1, the OP of the thread, an IRC mod

And now look what you did:

The shoutbox was really something very important to this forum. A new member would log on, see members talking like old friends, join in and get a friendly welcome. It really made this forum have that closely knit feeling to it, something we no longer have.

I feel like the connection to my friends on these forums has been severed. I would like to mention there is a group chat function for the Tulpa.info steam group, though.

Feel sorry for the newer members coming in. They won't get as much attention/help as they need unless they got lucky. My experience is there were so many people there I got ignored. With people like josh and yotslot guided me from a sad sap to a genius. We were all close. I wouldnt mind having it at the bottom but oh well. I got skype and steam and PM. I'm gone with the exception of my progress report.

To my friends, PM me for my skype/steam. I guess my Friend learning tulpaforcing can always get help exclusively from me now. *sigh*

I feel rather mixed on this issue. Sure, the shoutbox had its problems. On more than one occasion I've opened up the forums only to be greeted by "NIGGER!" at the very top of the screen. But what I came to realize is that all of the problems were caused only by 1-2 people. Restricting these people from the shoutbox would have been much more effective than scrapping it altogether. And the IRC is no solution. I've tried all the major IRC channels multiple times, and they're god-awful. They're breeding grounds for the filth that permeates in the recesses of the tulpa phenomenon. It's nothing but roleplayers, ridiculously biased rules, and stupid jokes. Although I never really frequented the shoutbox, it was nice to occasionally drop in and have a conversation without having to go through the hassle of IRC.

TL;DR This is bullshit. It's like a doctor shooting a man in the face to cure a small infection.

I'd like to add that multiple times on the IRC, I have been banned/kicked just because the mods thought it would make a funny joke.

A lot of times, people log on and aren't greeted, unlike the shoutbox. And there are these members there that circlejerk and just have their own conversations, and anyone that isn't a regular there has no idea what is going on.

On the shoutbox, anyone new was greeted and treated like a friend.

There was a thread about whether or not we should keep the shoutbox, and it seemed to me that the SB had a lot of support. It was mine, and many other peoples, main form of communication on the site. Those of us that don't post much in the forums found that we learned more by simply directly asking questions, instead of posting on a thread. As time went by, those of us that were "regulars" in the shoutbox developed a sort of community among ourselves, much like how the IRC had its own community.

A portion of the sites more dedicated tulpaforcers called the shoutbox their favorite part of the site, and came primarily for it. It seems to me that it was a large enough portion of the userbase to have been considered in making this decision. Why did you ask us if we wanted to keep the shoutbox or not, then do away with it anyway? And even if there was some shitshouting, there was a lot of legitimate content of people asking questions and having discussions surrounding the site's subject, without all the bullcrap that comes with the heavily modded and stifled .info IRC channel. And if you are going to point out how the shoutbox has changed over time, why not point out the forums as well, or the IRC? They have changed too.

Even if taking away the shoutbox is better for the site for some reason, more consideration should have been given to those who appreciated it. And what's the point of even having a more...optimum site, or whatever it is that's better with it gone, if a large portion of the site's active community simply leaves because you took out an important part of its function? That's like off a car's tires because they make the car use more gas.

Though, really, my biggest gripe is that you asked us of our opinion, then ignored it and did as you pleased anyway. Why?

Oh, one last thing.

The other night Phi said in the shoutbox that the site would not be around much longer, because members were leaving and not as many people were joining.

Well, you just lost a few more members today. Doesn't seem like a very good trade-off, to me.

I would be fine with adjustments or a standalone page being made for the shoutbox. To me it isn't really the shoutbox per say I'm upset about losing, it's the community that resided in it. It really feels like this decision was made much too abruptly and without proper warning. If we had at least had some kind of warning given that it was a definite thing that was going to happen in x number of days, we could have at least planned an alternate way to stay in touch. At the moment I just really don't know where to go to stay in touch with all of my friends on here, and I'm sure that even if we agree on a place I'll probably lose connection with some of them altogether.

I also can't say I understand why people are so upset with all of the off-topic discussion that goes on in the shoutbox. Some people take this whole thing way too seriously, and need to realise alot of us are here to have a good time. We have a fair share of important discussions just like the rest of the community, we just don't make it our goal to talk about it all the time. If I wanted to be all boring and serious 24/7 I'd just go to work rather than come here, at least then I'd be making a living off of my self-induced pain.

There was a sub-community in the shoutbox? Interesting, to say the least.

Yes, there was a sub-community. Those in the shoutbox could not usually be found anywhere else. Didn't go to the IRC much, don't usually post a lot in the forums. SB was home base.

Since the majority seem to support keeping the shoutbox, I would support the compromise of moving it to the bottom of the page.

I think that unmoderated chat is good, but the problem is having it right at the top of the front page of the site. A shoutbox could be at the bottom, or, better, out of sight on a dedicated page.

Move it to the bottom of the page, problem solved.

I wouldn't go as far as getting rid of it, maybe just hide it from view or something similar.

This seems fair, if this really is an issue (I can sort of see it being one, I guess).

tl;dr:

*IRC is full of spergelord MLP sex role playing nerds with hurt butts

*IRC is full of ban-happy hypocritical mods/admins with hurt butts and power complexes

It is historically and consistently like this on most related channels. And I'm not sure that Niichan's new channel will fare any better:

[07:23:45] <@Quora> TheVice: Ever heard of a database?

[07:23:51] <+TheVice> stop asking asinine questions

[07:24:07] <@Quora> TheVice: Stop insulting me or I will kick you

*IRC mod, possibly ban-happy, hypocritical with a hurt butt and power complex.

*Pony avatar, high propensity to be a spergelord.

*Mod permissions offered to "anyone" who used the shoutbox

*Not connected to the site intimately like bocks was (less fresh blood, less talk about forum and site related stuff)

I could be wrong but the present evidence seems to indicate otherwise. We could wait for time to tell or we could just bring the box back.

Argument 3: Bocks hogs resources

okay maybe but this is the ONLY legitimate reason for getting rid of it and it still might have solutions:

1. Fix it you idiots it's a chat room

2. Supporters help pay for better servers

3. Fix it you idiots its a chat room

Please correct the following errors before continuing: The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 20000 characters (currently 20104).

CUItP.jpg

I regret nothing

[00:01] <%Tealeap> we gotta figure out how we're gonna run this place

[00:01] <%Tealeap> i figure it will be very similar to the shoutbox

[00:01] <%Tealeap> veeeeeeeery little actual modding will be needed

[00:01] Yes.

[00:01] <%Tealeap> and all decisions will be made via a vote

[00:01] <%Tealeap> this is a free place, and all opinions are welcome

[00:01] <%Tealeap> unless you're a raving lunatic

[00:01] <%Tealeap> like vice

[00:01] I don't think anything actually needs much deciding.

[00:01] <%Mary_> I agree

[00:01] <%Tealeap> well yeah

[00:02] Also no biase just because you don't like someone like Vice.

[00:02] <%Tealeap> which brings me to the thought of...

[00:02] <%Tealeap> it's not that we don't like him

[00:02] <%Tealeap> ~nobody likes him~

In seriousness though, it seems like people are adapting well to a shoutbox being IRC-based. Also, I would recommend putting a direct Mibbit link put somewhere around where the Shoutbox used to be - at least, for a little while. It could help remove some of the confusion over its disappearance (for example, people who use it but not the forums).

Edit: Looks like Pleeb beat me to it. There's now a link to #tulpa.shoutbox in the old location of the shoutbox.

In seriousness though, it seems like people are adapting well to a shoutbox being IRC-based.

Remains to be seen, will have much to do with how the authoritative figures behave themselves and perhaps a few intangible things (there has to be a reason shoutbox quality is higher than IRC quality, might have much to do with the format).

Personally I would prefer not to have to find out.

Argument for removal 1: Some content makes the site look unprofessional. There is swearing and frivolous behavior going on a lot. This makes people not want to join the community.

Counter: We're not professional. We suck and haven't done any real science or research in months. Looking at you for that one Pleeb, with your magical robot that was supposed to let tulpas talk or whatever. Frivolous behavior and swearing takes place everywhere else on the site, in the guides, in the IRC, and in all the boards. So we can go ahead and dismiss this argument on the grounds that is not based in truth.

The science orientation will change after the site redesign, which is the purpose of the research splinter as well as the majority of the new Site Redesign (refer to Announcements).

Also it's probably horse shit that looking 'unprofessional' makes people leave, the same incident with the people from dreamviews gets cited each time but who's to say we wanted those people, or that they didn't end up joining anyway? I think that casual behavior is attractive since it is congruent with the atmosphere here, let's not pretend we're anything more than the imaginary friends club right now. Who's to say the casual attitude doesn't attract more good people than "the professional one" which as a reminder does not exist.

Maybe in the long term, I do want more people that won't be spamming image macros, NFWS videos, irrellavent "lolfag" replies, and other shitposting, in these forums.

Cuz the IRC is just as bad if not worse.

Rate of 'shit' used in shoutbox: ~0.16% of messages

Rate of 'fuck' used in shoutbox: ~0.20% of messages

Rate of 'nigger' and 'nigga' used in shoutbox: ~0.0203% of messages

Rate of 'shit' used in #tulpa_ot and #tulpa.info (combined): ~0.06% of messages

Rate of 'fuck' used in #tulpa_ot and #tulpa.info (combined): ~0.06% of messages

Rate of 'nigger' and 'nigga' used in #tupla_ot and #tulpa.info: ~0.0018% of messages

I disagree.

# who voiced wanting to keep it:

~12, not counting tulpas

# who want it gone:

1, the OP of the thread, an IRC mod

I've always noticed that when things change, people will always get upset, and you'll have some turbulance. This is not a reason to panic and quickly revert or create a poll amist the panic to have it change back. This is simply becauese things do balance and usually pretty quickly.

That's coming from someone who's administered a community with over 50,000 users at one point, and there would be hell when we'd upgrade the forum to a version that doesn't support a shoutbox or a "Latest posts" sidebar, etc. If we would have put up a poll, then I can promise you that everyone would have cried "YES, DOWNGRADE!" becaues they were panicking and simply don't like change.

However, downgrading wouldn't have been in the best interest of that community in the long run, but that's what would have happened when emotions were high on the subject, and people started revulting. However, things stabalized like they always do.

That's why I don't think a poll amidst panic is a good idea; it's making decisions in the 'heat of the moment.' We already have the 'shoutbox regulars' in #tulpa.shoutbox now, and they're flourishing -- the very ones that were complaining a few hours ago are in the IRC content and adjusting, learning the features of Niichan's bot saying "Woah neat" and "I didn't know you could do this" and stuff like that.

To prove my point, allow me to throw up some quotes:

01:52 <%Mary_> .tell Tealeap hello

01:52 <+Gatherer> Mary_: I'll pass that along.

01:52 <%Tealeap> woah

01:52 <%Tealeap> woaaaaaaaaaaaah

01:52 < Quora> It passes the messages in private :)

01:52 <%Tealeap> WOAAAAAAAAAAAH

01:52 < Quora> Yeah, cool, ain't it?

01:52 <%Tealeap> .tell Mary_ NEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT

01:52 <+Gatherer> Tealeap: I'll pass that along.

01:52 <%Tealeap> HEEEEHEEEEEHEEEEE

01:53 < Quora> N\ Just think that you never would have had this ability if the shoutbox hadn't died

02:05 < Glass__> This is shaping into a pretty nice place, yes.

02:05 < ChristopherBane> I'm still sad because I know that some people won't be coming here. :/

02:05 < Glass__> Yes...

02:05 < Glass__> We'll see.

02:05 < Glass__> This is just the box. Some may be convinced to come here, I think.

02:06 < ChristopherBane> I don't mind having to come here.

02:06 < Quora> ChristopherBane: Niichan\ I really am sorry about the hit to the community that it will be, but I feel that something like this will end up being better

02:06 < Quora> Niichan\ Mainly because it's going to be more self-sufficient

02:06 <%Tealeap> Maybe.

02:07 < Glass__> Maybe.

02:07 <%Tealeap> Well, that's cool

02:07 <%Tealeap> self-reliance would be nice.

02:07 < Glass__> It would!

02:07 < Quora> Niichan\ Indeed :)

03:01 <%Tealeap> we gotta figure out how we're gonna run this place

03:01 <%Tealeap> i figure it will be very similar to the shoutbox

03:01 <%Tealeap> veeeeeeeery little actual modding will be needed

03:01 < ChristopherBane> Yes.

03:01 <%Tealeap> and all decisions will be made via a vote

03:01 <%Tealeap> this is a free place, and all opinions are welcome

03:01 <%Tealeap> unless you're a raving lunatic

03:01 <%Tealeap> like vice

03:01 < ChristopherBane> I don't think anything actually needs much deciding.

03:01 <%Mary_> I agree

03:01 <%Tealeap> well yeah

08:32 <+Aarix> I suppose this is kind of handy if you want to switch usernames between host and tulpa

08:33 <+Aarix> it would be nice if they implemented this in a little chat box where the shout box used to be

(regarding that last quote, I may do that, and have been thinking about doing so, maybe at the bottom of the forums, if it's absolutely desired)

*IRC is full of spergelord MLP sex role playing nerds with hurt butts

You're probably talking about #tulpa_lewd.

*IRC is full of ban-happy hypocritical mods/admins with hurt butts and power complexes

>>#tulpa.mods

It is historically and consistently like this on most related channels. And I'm not sure that Niichan's new channel will fare any better:

[07:23:45] <@Quora> TheVice: Ever heard of a database?

[07:23:51] <+TheVice> stop asking asinine questions

[07:24:07] <@Quora> TheVice: Stop insulting me or I will kick you

*IRC mod, possibly ban-happy, hypocritical with a hurt butt and power complex.

*Pony avatar, high propensity to be a spergelord.

*Mod permissions offered to "anyone" who used the shoutbox

*Not connected to the site intimately like bocks was (less fresh blood, less talk about forum and site related stuff)

I could be wrong but the present evidence seems to indicate otherwise. We could wait for time to tell or we could just bring the box back.

Don't you remember what happened after that, Vice?

02:24 <+Pleeb> Quora: Do not.

02:24 <+Pleeb> If someone kicks or decides to mute Vice, let it be someone who's lived in the shoutbox.

02:24 <@Quora> Seems fair enough

After this, it was agreed that Niichan won't be doing the moderating, since it was not his place to moderate that community, and I will stand by pushing that.

1. Fix it you idiots it's a chat room

2. Supporters help pay for better servers

3. Fix it you idiots its a chat room

1: The shoutbox offers paid support but it's not worth it. Let the ajax/php query-intensive chat room move to the Rizon server, which is meant for chatting.

2: Servers are expensive, and due to some situations with our hosting, we're probably going to end up just using dreamhost. Trust me, we'll need money for the migration, but we'll also need to be as thrifty as we can.

3: Refer to 1.

I regret nothing

There was a lengthy public discussion between some of the 'shoutbox regulars' on what to do with you. It involved several quotes such as:

03:02 <%Tealeap> which brings me to the thought of...

03:02 <%Tealeap> it's not that we don't like him

03:02 <%Tealeap> ~nobody likes him~

03:02 <%Tealeap> and he's cruel!

03:02 <%Tealeap> mean!

03:02 <%Mary_> I understand that he has a condition that enables his behaviour.

03:03 <%Mary_> But it's still not condusive to a environment where people can feel safe to talk.,

03:04 < ChristopherBane> The rule here should be that you shouldn't be afraid to say what's on your mind.

03:04 <%Mary_> But you also shouldn't be abusive.

03:04 <%Tealeap> If we see him preying on someone, like mary or jimmy or whatever

03:04 <%Glass__> 'that's his real issue, he says shit like an asshole'

03:04 <%Mary_> I say we give him a chance and tell him not to be abusive towards others.

03:04 <%Mary_> If he fails to do that, devoice. Beyond that, I don't want to be the one to say "ban him"

03:05 < ChristopherBane> He just doesn't understand the effect his words have on a persons feelings.

03:05 <%Glass__> Yes.

03:05 < ChristopherBane> Or he doesn't care.

03:06 <%Mary_> Again, asberger's. It's not excusing him, but I have an idea why he behaves like that.

I think I understand now more regarding your rationale on things, and I believe that you're acting more on emotion and "Do not change!" more then anything else. That, or you're upset that you may not be able to get away with what you've gotten away with in the shoutbox previously. I need to tell you right now Vice, if we did keep the shoutbox, the administration was planning on removing those 'just a few users' who were disruptiing it all the time. I believe you were one of those users. At least in the IRC, the new mods made something clear:

03:05 <%Glass__> No, we won't. Not sure anyone will be banned.

03:05 <%Tealeap> Only spammers will be banned

Yeah this site is dead.

I remember when I disabled guest posting and people said the same thing.

...yet 1500 members later

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

1500 members who never post anything...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)