Explaining Tulpae

Ukai

So, I want to start talking to Sarah verbally, but I've run into a slight issue. I still live with my parents and I'm worried they might think me crazy, talking to myself. So, should I tell them straight-out I have a tulpa or wait and hope they don't hear me talking to "myself"? If the former, would my mother (who has a huge fascination with Psychology, especially Freud) understand?

Sarah: Progress: Visualization: Complete, Vocalization: Complete, Sentience: Complete, Imposition: In Progress

"The plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time." - Fyodor Karamazov

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I don't typically speak out loud to Maia, and she doesn't mind as much. If you really want to, go ahead, but personally I don't find it absolutely necessary.

Otherwise, it totally depends on how open-minded your parents are. If they're conservative-Christian right-wingers, then no, etc.

As for your mother, if you do decide to tell her, I can see you possibly having issues with her being too interested, if that makes any sense.

Your call.

Telling someone about your Tulpae is a serious thing. If someone believes you have schizophrenia, and can back it up, you may never be able to get a job.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Actually, since she's "so much into psychology", it might be worth a shot. Just try to sway more towards the realm of imaginary friend instead of schizophrenia if you can.

When I explain people tuppers, I just go "I willingly hallucinate characters, as a hobby." If they want to know more, I give them the whole explanation about sensory delusion and, should they want to perform this "practice" themselves, my method and tones.

If your parents aren't tech-savvy and you own a headset, you could narrate to your tulpa with the headset on while on the computer, playing games on XBL, what have you. If your parents ask who you're talking to, tell them you're playing a game online with people/talking to someone on Skype. That's what I just came up with as an excuse, (Although I don't have parents to worry about, just roommates, so they might not be as critical) so now I can narrate to my tulpa throughout the day without using mindvoice or sub-vocals/whispering.

I'm seriously considering asking someone to write a guide on how to tell your parents about tulpa and when and why you should do it. This questions are getting too frequent now, I feel like I am in an atheist forum where people go there to ask if they should tell their parents that they don't believe in god.

We should just make a proper text to follow and then the person will change it to his needs untill he's satisfied with it enough to eloquently put to his parents why it is not a mental disease or a ritual to summon demons.

And maybe why it is not just creating an imaginary friend

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Actually, since she's "so much into psychology", it might be worth a shot. Just try to sway more towards the realm of imaginary friend instead of schizophrenia if you can.

When I explain people tuppers, I just go "I willingly hallucinate characters, as a hobby." If they want to know more, I give them the whole explanation about sensory delusion and, should they want to perform this "practice" themselves, my method and tones.

I'd imagine your method being more "parent friendly" than the others. If I were to tell about tulpas, I would immediately direct them to your method of creation as this would propably aid in them having a different approach to the general "self induced schitzophrenia".

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

I'd imagine your method being more "parent friendly" than the others. If I were to tell about tulpas, I would immediately direct them to your method of creation as this would propably aid in them having a different approach to the general "self induced schitzophrenia".

Finally some use for his method.

Kidding brah we all love you.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Depends on what kind of parents you have and how you explain it.

I can´t stress it enough: if people start thinking you are a schizo you´re fucked. They will properly try to get you to a shrink, and then it gets written on your public record and then you can kiss any "good" job buh bye.

Then again, if you´re young enough they´ll properly just think it´s an imaginary friend and give you extra love and hugs.

On a side note, if it means that much to you, you could always just tell them you´re going for a walk and then go outside to talk to her.

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.