Who is responsible if a tulpa is violating rules?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Lets say that my tulpa is pissed at someone, and decides to harass someone, to the point where my account is reported (assuming that they are using my account). Who is held responsible in this situation? Me, because I hold the account and my have either aided/allowed in the rule violation, or my tulpa, because they perpetrated it? Because if someone goes and violate a rule, I don't want to see them go and blame it on their tulpa, whether the tulpa was the perpetrator or not, and get away with it.

Most boards hold the account responsible and may grant amnesty on a case-by-case basis but not if it's a repeat offense. Obviously our situation is a little special here but people should not start to feel entitled to special treatment or else the principles behind the body of rules start to be less respected and people might start lying to make excuses.

If we ever do get a serious policy in this area I would suggest that users 'assume the worst' as regards their account and any ones related to them, so that they HAVE to make a good case and a good excuse as to why only they/only their tulpa should be squelched. We're small enough that staff should be able to handle that sort of situation every now and then.

Guest Anonymous

Hammer, meet head, of the nail corporation. I think that if we have repeat offenders, they should be encouraged to make accounts for the offending tulpa, so the tulpas can talk through that and risk bans with that, and the host should stick to their own account.

You can stop your tulpa from typing bannable things. I mean, it's not very polite to control them that way, but it is an option, and really, they should know too. That's two people, so two moral firewalls. Add the possible roleplay factor and there's no reason not to just ban the account.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

In IRC, if a host does something to get their account banned, the tulpa usually is still allowed in the channel, but would be banned if the host uses the Tulpa's account to talk, interact, etc.

I would handle it on a case-by-case basis. Was the host proxying for the tulpa to allow it to break the rules? Was it done without the host's consent (involentary possession, etc.)?

Back when I was admin of a much larger community than this one, there would always be cases when someone broke the rules then responded with, "My brother was using my forum account to break the rules and got me banned!" I usually replied with, "You'll have to take that up with your brother."

If it was done by proxy, I would probably hold both of them responsable. If done by forcefully possessing the host, without their consent, well, that would be a different story. The safe bet would be for the tulpa to have their own account if they want to start doing things like that, otherwise they'll risk action taken against their host's account, just like a host can get their tulpa banned from the forums for their actions, the tulpa can do the same.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Has this actually happened before?

Squigs and I were pretty shit-posty and spammy in the beginning because we were so excited to be able to communicate, something I'm incredibly surprised wasn't reported for spam, looking back.

That's two people, so two moral firewalls.

Yup. I knew what was appropriate/inappropriate to proxy, but never had to actually censor anything because she knew what was appropriate/inappropriate to say.

Back when I was admin of a much larger community than this one, there would always be cases when someone broke the rules then responded with, "My brother was using my forum account to break the rules and got me banned!" I usually replied with, "You'll have to take that up with your brother."

Ultimately this, I think. Case-by-case, sure, but initially your hands are tied. You can't just take people's word for it, since you can't know if they are honest or not.

>make an account for your tulpa

Considering there can't be two identical usernames, how are all the pinkie pies, twilight sparkles and other ponies gonna have an account? It will be too confusing.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Considering there can't be two identical usernames, how are all the pinkie pies, twilight sparkles and other ponies gonna have an account? It will be too confusing.

This question brings up a hilariously plausible issue.

Btw, have the mods ever addressed the trending occurrence of creating tulpa accounts here on .info? Is it something that's frowned upon, or what?

S: When Jimmy was talking to Pleeb on the IRC, he was told that he could not use this account to proxy his thoughts, as that would be ban evasion. Both him and I have been enforcing that, and our PR will be updated from our perspective.

H: Jimmy should spend less time on making shit for us, like this account, and more on forcing.

P: I think that people wanting to make accounts for their tulpae is really cute and nice, as long as they don't each have one. Ours is for all of us, so we won't be fractured. I like Jimmy's choice of making this account!

[align=center]Hi there! If you've stumbled across this it means...I don't know what it means. But now that you're here, you can now know that this is what Helix, Solace and I will use to post. We're Jimmy's tulpas, by the way!

[/align]

-Pixel