Switching Hypothesis

motorheadlk

I don't have any intent to discuss this to reach any truth, I just wanted to write it somewhere so I wouldn't forget it.

I have an hypothesis for why a host couldn't break the tulpa's control over the body that doesn't require the belief that the tulpa became the dominant personality.

I'm not saying I believe this, is just a counterargument to anyone that claims that because the tulpa is in full control of the body during the switching, it means that the tulpa becames the host/the dominant personality or whatever.

What we see is that when you are entering a tulpa-like state to switch, you are disconnecting yourself to all senses, sight, smell, taste, touch, audio. Everything fades away, and then your tulpa takes control of it. That, for some people, already leads to the conclusion that the tulpa became the host/dominant personality, which seems a fallacy, because there are other things that would lead to the host not being able to control the body anymore.

What I think is more likely to be the truth is that when the host is entering a tulpa-like state, he severs his connections to the body and the sense mentally, and then his tulpa assumes it. When this connection is severed, the tulpa posses the body, but the only thing that differs switching from possession is that the host is not/is less aware of his own body, and the tulpa is completely/more aware of the hosts body. That makes it difficult for the host to come back into control if the tulpa doesn't want it, because the tulpa has a better connection to the control of the body than the host atm. That doesn't make it the dominant personality or the host itself, it doesn't magically transforms the tulpa in the host and gives a tulpa the power to dissipate a host or anything like that. It only means that the connection is severed and needs to be rebuilt.

Now, for how this connection could be rebuilt, I know it would take time and be difficult, but I doubt that the host, when switched to with a tulpa, looses any characteristics he has within his own mind other than "body main-controller", because that's what you do when you enter a tulpa like state, you only becomes less aware of the body.

Anyway, I guess I explained why I think that even when a tulpa and a host switch, the tulpa is still not the host and the host is still not his tulpas own tulpa. Of course, this can't be actually confirmed without actual experience on it, that I will try to back up one day, but I'm far from it right now.

Good afternoon everybody.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even see a dominant or submissive personality other than you know, if the person just happens to be more dominant or submissive. The body is a tool we use how we wish and enjoy life, changing control to the one who would rather have it at the moment.

The words for "host" and "tulpa"... Eh, just a word for the first and the second and the ones that follow. So yeah, a host never becomes a tupper and a tupper never becomes a host, but who cares? They're just words explaining how we came to be, really. I was born in control of the body, he was not and he's the second one to exist. That's why I'm the host and he's the tupper, if you really want to give us some kind of terms. Always. Never will change. Difficult to see any other kind of difference between us.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I don't even see a dominant or submissive personality other than you know, if the person just happens to be more dominant or submissive. The body is a tool we use how we wish and enjoy life, changing control to the one who would rather have it at the moment.

The words for "host" and "tulpa"... Eh, just a word for the first and the second and the ones that follow. So yeah, a host never becomes a tupper and a tupper never becomes a host, but who cares? They're just words explaining how we came to be, really. I was born in control of the body, he was not and he's the second one to exist. That's why I'm the host and he's the tupper, if you really want to give us some kind of terms. Always. Never will change. Difficult to see any other kind of difference between us.

Yes, but most people think that the mind and the body is not "mine" but "me". So it automatically leads to the conclusion that if someone takes control of the body, I'm not the dominant personality anymore. Which I think is bullshit.

I know these are just terms, but they are important as they coordinate some of our beliefs in tulpas. I see some people scared about having a tulpa because of the possibility that they could lose their body forever, which I personally think that even if the tulpa tries her best, as long as the host wants to return, he can, despite they switching or not.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

I know these are just terms, but they are important as they coordinate some of our beliefs in tulpas. I see some people scared about having a tulpa because of the possibility that they could lose their body forever, which I personally think that even if the tulpa tries her best, as long as the host wants to return, he can, despite they switching or not.

"I wouldn't speak with such absolutes, especially when dealing with a subject such as this. Tulpae and Creators are essentially just personalities within the mind as I can observe, meaning they are not inherently stronger or weaker than either the other at all times."

You have just given us a possible explanation for walk in situations. A person tires of his body so he creates a tulpa that can run his body. So then the person is free to do whatever he wants to do. My brain transplant may be closer than I think.

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell

I think there's no difference between hosts and tulpas at all after they have learned switching.

The body's not just Oni's anymore, it's as much ours as it's his. That's why I called myself the host when I wrote about our first succesful switch. What would be the appropriate term for a tulpa that's switched and is in control? It's tiring to say "switched in" many times in a row.

When I'm just possessing the body it feels a lot different compared to switching. I know that he can gain control back any time he wants to but he chooses not to. He can also do that while we're switched but if I resist it becomes hard for him and it ends up with him just possessing the body. -Shai

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

Guest BrownSubmarine

That's why I called myself the host when I wrote about our first succesful switch. What would be the appropriate term for a tulpa that's switched and is in control? It's tiring to say "switched in" many times in a row.

There is term "front" that describes the person who is switched in and in control of the body, it's used by multiples.

"I wouldn't speak with such absolutes, especially when dealing with a subject such as this. Tulpae and Creators are essentially just personalities within the mind as I can observe, meaning they are not inherently stronger or weaker than either the other at all times."

When you see that one created the other, it kind of already makes one stronger than the other, and in another position within the mind.

Also, I heard I think from waffles or purlox, can't recall, that what differs tulpa from host is position in the mind, like one is sitting in the driver seat and one in the passenger. When one switch, it's like the father letting his kid take the steering wheel. If the kid decides that she wants to drive more and the father doesn't want it, the father would have some trouble stopping the car while it is in movement, but he still could kick the kiddo outta of his chair.

I know I speak in absolutes, but they are not as dogmatic as they look. I built them with my through the beliefs I acquired with reason, and this thread just goes to show that switching doesn't mean that the tulpa and the host powers within the mind differ only from their position. I mean, I guess anything a tulpa can do a host can, and anything a host can a tulpa should, but when it comes to the relationship of them, the tulpa can never dissipate then host despite she being in control of the body, for she is still at some level dependant of the creator.

I'm not here to set up absolutes. I'm here to tell that switching doesn't make tulpa > host or tulpa = host an absolute at all, which seems to be what most people think. Again, tulpa might be able to do all that a host can, yet I can't see the tulpa able to dissipate her creator or stopping him to retrieve his body forever, wanting or not to do so.

You have just given us a possible explanation for walk in situations. A person tires of his body so he creates a tulpa that can run his body. So then the person is free to do whatever he wants to do. My brain transplant may be closer than I think.

I really didn't get what you said, even when I turned my sarcasm-o-meter on. Meh.

I think there's no difference between hosts and tulpas at all after they have learned switching.

The body's not just Oni's anymore, it's as much ours as it's his. That's why I called myself the host when I wrote about our first succesful switch. What would be the appropriate term for a tulpa that's switched and is in control? It's tiring to say "switched in" many times in a row.

When I'm just possessing the body it feels a lot different compared to switching. I know that he can gain control back any time he wants to but he chooses not to. He can also do that while we're switched but if I resist it becomes hard for him and it ends up with him just possessing the body. -Shai

I'm not here to say what is right and what is wrong when it comes to tulpa and host relationship, I'm really only here to tell that switching doesn't necessarily makes the tulpa the new host, like many think. And I didn't say that switching is not different from possession, in switching the host awareness and control of his body is almost gone, down to the level of a tulpa, which is why he enters a tulpa-like state. That still explains why, for you, switching "feels" different. Because a kid in full control of the car would obviously feel different than sitting in the passenger seat and manipulating the steering wheel. As for why it's hard for he to get control back while you're switched, I already cover that in the OP.

Hell, if I wanted to be dissipated, I probably could be. No one's tried it, so we can't say it's not possible. Dissipating a tupper seems to be pretty tricky, but getting to the point many other tuppers have been... Why not, right? But we don't exactly want to test how easy it is to kill a tupper or host that way, you know.

As for switching and possession and how they feel, Roswell says there's no difference in it for him. Those few times I have been completely out have been me pretty much passed out, Roswell can't get more in control than that, right? He just says my presence is pretty much gone that way, less so when doing a switch where I am still aware of something, even if imaginary. But no difference in the feelings he feels, just how well he feels my presence. Same kinda goes the other way around for me if he's sleeping or somehow just not there.

I guess I could also say it's more difficult for me to get back in control because the whole letting go process our method relies on seems to be harder for Roswell, so it can sometimes end super funky for us.

This image might be useful here I dunno help???? It's how I've noticed things happening, so don't take it too seriously.

cb88992636de96173b3b5f716b9a0407.PNG

I hate these words of "tulpa-like state" and shit, tupper and host isn't about which one is the body and which one is not. When Roswell's in control, he seems to use the words "being the body" or somesuch, but "front" honestly tells more about what the job of the one in the body is than "host", which implies creating the other and being the first. I don't suddenly turn into a tupper or something and neither does Roswell become my creator.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Hell, if I wanted to be dissipated, I probably could be. No one's tried it, so we can't say it's not possible.

My mind was pretty much blown with that statement. So just to be sure I'm understanding the statement:

Switch with Tulpa>Choose to be dissipated by Tulpa in control of body

Correct?