EEG of tulpa activity

Guest BrownSubmarine

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of trying to discredit this data you really should try to gain something useful from it. Oh, its possible, it correlates with previous scientific knowledge etc. Just posting "I don't believe you" isnt a scientific way to go.

Try thinking a little. delta/theta and gamma. Why do you think there is such a difference, can this help us to improve forcing methods? Think about this, not about useless thing which will not lead to anything.

Instead of trying to discredit this data you really should try to gain something useful from it. Oh, its possible, it correlates with previous scientific knowledge etc. Just posting "I don't believe you" isnt a scientific way to go.

Try thinking a little. delta/theta and gamma. Why do you think there is such a difference, can this help us to improve forcing methods? Think about this, not about useless thing which will not lead to anything.

Um. Why "try and gain something useful" from something that's likely inaccurate? I explained why I don't think it's reliable information. You shouldn't "try and gain something useful" from inaccurate data, you should try and obtain accurate data, and then gain something useful from that.

Astral project on my face, brother!

My point is we can obtain more accurate data than that, and that data this inaccurate isn't worth basing any conclusions on. If anything it should be used as a springboard for better experiments.

Astral project on my face, brother!

Conclusions were not implied in justanotherguest's post or my post. The point is that it's better than nothing, because we have nothing better right now, so you going "Let's wait until someone else spends a shitton of money on something equally baseless." isn't helping anyone. I'm not saying it's anything remotely close to hard proof, either, so please don't jump to that assumed implication. Like I said in my earlier post, we just have more data to work with and more symptoms to check for now. That's simply it. Whether or not you as an individual choose to work with said data is not up to me or the community.

S: I find it interesting that the tulpa's readings and the host's readings are very different. The parroting image is a source of confusion, as we don't know how he was parroting the tulpa.

H: Are we really arguing over what is useful or not? This is better than nothing, as long as the guy is doing it right. Which makes me wonder, is he?

P: Pretty colours!

[align=center]Hi there! If you've stumbled across this it means...I don't know what it means. But now that you're here, you can now know that this is what Helix, Solace and I will use to post. We're Jimmy's tulpas, by the way!

[/align]

-Pixel

I remember the thread that the guy was asking if it was a good idea to buy this device and everyone was like "Don't do it, it won't prove anything" and I had to come in and say "Sure, buy it and report the results". Good thing he followed my advice.

No. You didn't.

I'm the one that did this, and I didn't ask any such thing or follow any such advice.

Do we get raw data? What about reliability? Any time progression? Obviously not, because the one providing the result is an anonymous poster without any kind of verification or reliability.

I don't yet have a bluetooth adapter for my computer, so I had to use the phone app to get the readings, so no, no raw data. As for reliability, while it obviously isn't always exactly the same every time, it's always a the same basic pattern of activity changes. I spent multiple hours observing the patterns before deciding to take any screenshots.

The fact that our information here isn't 100% scientific or reliable isn't an excuse to not try and be as scientific and reliable as possible. And yeah you could *try* asking the guy, but again, the problem with that is, he's completely anonymous.

Furthermore, after some quick research about the headset and the company that made it, I really don't think it's reliable enough to take any of its results too seriously. I'd also like to see a better source of brain wave interpretations than a site trying to sell beat/tone CDs. In other words, interesting stuff, but it doesn't really mean anything significant. I'd still like to see a more sturdy look at brain activity accompanying tulpas.

I never claimed it was perfect data, but since it is able to read brainwave activity, and it does show consistent patterns, it still demonstrates that there is some level of change.

Talked with the person who gathered the data. They plan to make an account here and are hoping to do more testing like this--maybe with more complete information for us.

I don't know what you're talking about, as I've had an account here for weeks now.

S: I find it interesting that the tulpa's readings and the host's readings are very different. The parroting image is a source of confusion, as we don't know how he was parroting the tulpa.

I was just making her say whatever arbitrary things I came up with over an extended period of time so that I could observe the patterns.

As a note to everyone, I later found that the reason for the unusual Delta spikes (unusual because delta waves are generally low except while asleep) is quite likely due to the fact that I have ADHD and it is known that people with ADD/ADHD actually have an increase in delta activity instead of a decrease while focusing on something.

Also, it has been found that Tibetan monks have unusually high gamma wave activity, which I thought was interesting for obvious reasons.[/align]