How to effectively tulpaforce?

I just began creating a tulpa, and I've been having problems with tulpaforcing. Specifically, I always find myself ending up talking at myself and not projecting the personality at the tulpa. Has anyone found an especially effective method for tulpaforcing, or at least keeping your focus on your tulpa?

Stage: early personality

See: Pretty much any guide on focus/meditation.

The term meditation is really misleading, and whoever is using it in their guides probably shouldn't be.

OP, you don't have to meditate in the sense that monks meditate. All you have to do is get into a deep enough state of thought that you feel that what you are forcing is sticking and that you are making progress. Usually the first few minutes of forcing, unless you are a demi-god at tulpaforcing, isn't as focused as the rest, so just giving some lead in to what you are going to do may help for that. For example, during the first few minutes I usually tell Haru what we'll be doing during that session. It gets me into the groove of things so I'm ready to start with whatever I'm doing that session.

If you are still having trouble, which you may since this topic is sort of hard to answer to, you could try a few simple NLP tricks. When working on a trait, instead of saying, "You are X", try saying, "You are naturally X". The word naturally is suppose to grasp the attention of the sub-c, and whatever follows it will be remembered by the sub-c. Two other words are easily and effortlessly. For example, "You easily empathize with other people, TULPA'S NAME," or, "You effortlessly read complicated books, thanks to your high linguistic intelligence." A combination of all three could be, "Thanks to your natural analytic personality, you easily and effortlessly see small details that make a difference," or something like that.

Now, saying this, I am not an NLP expert. I just happen to know a few random facts about it because I showed interest in it a little while ago.

I only said meditation because it sometimes helps with focus >_>

Well that's ok then, my apologies.

See you in the next thread I stalk you into.

I didn't know anything about NLP, but it sounds like that just might help, so I think I'll look into that. I also saw a thread about self-hypnosis, which also looked like it is worth a try. I'll try both of those, and see what happens.

I'm completely new to this, so I'm up for trying just about anything.

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Despite most people saying otherwise, I really would recommend meditation before or during tulpaforcing. However everyone is different and you should just use what works best for you. For me, I started meditating 8 years ago, so I'm going to apply it as much as I can during tulpaforcing. The trance like state and mindfulness achieved from proper meditation almost entirely cuts out any invasive thoughts while tulpaforcing, and can cut off a good few minutes of each session, which adds up.

This book is the best place to start if you want to learn how to properly meditate. Please note this has no ties to pseudo-science, metaphysics, or religion. http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

I haven't tried meditation before, so I'll give this a try. Thanks for the link, it looks like that will help a lot!

I have written about the effectivity of tulpaforcing on my blog. Check it out and look for the "learning and forgetting curve by ebbinghaus". Link can be found in my signature.

I'll check this out too. Thanks!