[tutorial] THE VOICE

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

I keep reading, especially on the IRC that certain users have had trouble getting their tulpa's voice to sound different from their own. So far its just a wait and see kind of event. Hoping and praying that the voice will start to sound different. I did not do this.

I am going to tell you something that every other guide has told you not to do, ever. That if you were to do what I say then some unholy god/admin from the mighty tulpa overwatchers will smite you. This is not true.

I am going to tell you to parrot. That's right you are going to move your tulpa's lips like a puppet.

This is not a requirement but I suggest that you fully visualize you'r tulpa before you begin Voxxing. (That is the word for Forcing a voice) If you can fully visualize and render your tulpa before you begin voxxing it will be much easier as you can get down the lip and jaw movements.

In your head you will need to sound out some phrases and stories. It doesnt matter what it is as long as you can remember it and repeat it over and over again. Go ahead and say this phrase to your tulpa and have him/her repeat it. Here is the tricky part. Imagine the voice you want your tulpa to possess. It will sound weak and hazy, not very strong like the voice you already have in your head. This is ok. Keep doing this and continue to focus on the voice.

This is the longest step of this process is that which seems like no progress is being made. It took me personally six hours for the process to begin to work. The voice will start to sound more clear and profound. Now you might think it may be easy to mix up signs of sentience with this. Its not. When your tulpa becomes sentient his/her voice will be able to talk over yours. Like a friend talking to you. It is very distinct and the only way you can not notice it is if you are completely doped up. Even then Its hard. I know.

After you are able to get this voice solid and firm enough you can continue onto narration, or personality if your a stiff.. Have your tulpa repeat what you say every so often to keep the voice in your head. I did this and I was able to skip all of the horrible hassle of trying to deviate my tulpas voice from my own. Also her voice may deviate from the original, my tulpa has.

ENJOY

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Even If I can imagine the voice, I'm having problems imagining it as not coming from me and coming from the tulpa.

Even If I can imagine the voice, I'm having problems imagining it as not coming from me and coming from the tulpa.

Yea, this is the problem I've had on my previous attempts to assign a voice. I can do all sorts of things with my mental voice, but it's still me. I think what we're aiming for here is something like those voices you sometimes hear as you're falling asleep -- they definitely aren't permutations of your own mental voice. (NOTE: This is hard as hell to do when you're awake, hence why Devano said it starts out really hazy.)

Interesting... I ran a very brief test as I wrote this post. I can't even begin to hear my tulpa's voice right now. But if I play a scene from a familiar movie in my head, and make a conscious effort not to "do" the character voices myself, I get the hazy voices Devano describes.

So you're probably better off starting with a voice you have a recording of. Video may work better than plain audio because playing the video in your head will make it easier to hear the voice initially. Though once you have the voice down, you then have the issue of dissociating the voice from that clip and associating it with your tulpa instead. My guess would be get used to hearing the voice without the video, then start making it come from your tulpa.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

So you're probably better off starting with a voice you have a recording of. Video may work better than plain audio because playing the video in your head will make it easier to hear the voice initially. Though once you have the voice down, you then have the issue of dissociating the voice from that clip and associating it with your tulpa instead. My guess would be get used to hearing the voice without the video, then start making it come from your tulpa.

What are the thoughts on looping a recording of the desired voice while tulpaforcing?

First, you try to memorise the audio/voice really well, then use the recording while tulpaforcing to make sure you really get it down?

quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

What are the thoughts on looping a recording of the desired voice while tulpaforcing?

First, you try to memorise the audio/voice really well, then use the recording while tulpaforcing to make sure you really get it down?

I would think you need to imagine the voice at some point. Also you want to memorize the sound of the voice, not the sequence of things it's saying. So listen to the audio and make your tulpa lipsync it, but later turn it off and try to imagine the tulpa saying it without the recording playing. Then move on to random words that aren't in the recording.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

As I'm trying to improve my general meditation, like bettering my concentration, I also tried to memorise the voice. It works quite well. The time between these posts of mine still let me remember the recording I've listened to for slightly more than a minute. It should be just fine, I think.

quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Guest Anonymous

I think your gonna be fine waternijdewijn

Here's an interesting experiment:

For those who are making non-human tulpae that can't talk because of anatomical restrictions (night fury, parrot, etc.), might it be possible to have 2 voices? Like the dragons in the Inheritance cycle. They have 2 voices: one is their mental voice when using telepathy and the other is their real voice (growling, roaring).

Splooshie, as long as one can imagine it, it's possible. There's your answer.