[tutorial] THE VOICE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What about imagining your tulpa lipsyncing to a recording (music or otherwise) that's in a voice close to what you want? Would this possibly speed up making the voice sound clear in your head, or just fuck things up?

Give this man a round, everyone. I think that would work, and I'll test it with some of Reija Lee's stuff.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even If I can imagine the voice, I'm having problems imagining it as not coming from me and coming from the tulpa.

Even If I can imagine the voice, I'm having problems imagining it as not coming from me and coming from the tulpa.

Yea, this is the problem I've had on my previous attempts to assign a voice. I can do all sorts of things with my mental voice, but it's still me. I think what we're aiming for here is something like those voices you sometimes hear as you're falling asleep -- they definitely aren't permutations of your own mental voice. (NOTE: This is hard as hell to do when you're awake, hence why Devano said it starts out really hazy.)

Interesting... I ran a very brief test as I wrote this post. I can't even begin to hear my tulpa's voice right now. But if I play a scene from a familiar movie in my head, and make a conscious effort not to "do" the character voices myself, I get the hazy voices Devano describes.

So you're probably better off starting with a voice you have a recording of. Video may work better than plain audio because playing the video in your head will make it easier to hear the voice initially. Though once you have the voice down, you then have the issue of dissociating the voice from that clip and associating it with your tulpa instead. My guess would be get used to hearing the voice without the video, then start making it come from your tulpa.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

So you're probably better off starting with a voice you have a recording of. Video may work better than plain audio because playing the video in your head will make it easier to hear the voice initially. Though once you have the voice down, you then have the issue of dissociating the voice from that clip and associating it with your tulpa instead. My guess would be get used to hearing the voice without the video, then start making it come from your tulpa.

What are the thoughts on looping a recording of the desired voice while tulpaforcing?

First, you try to memorise the audio/voice really well, then use the recording while tulpaforcing to make sure you really get it down?

quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

What are the thoughts on looping a recording of the desired voice while tulpaforcing?

First, you try to memorise the audio/voice really well, then use the recording while tulpaforcing to make sure you really get it down?

I would think you need to imagine the voice at some point. Also you want to memorize the sound of the voice, not the sequence of things it's saying. So listen to the audio and make your tulpa lipsync it, but later turn it off and try to imagine the tulpa saying it without the recording playing. Then move on to random words that aren't in the recording.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

As I'm trying to improve my general meditation, like bettering my concentration, I also tried to memorise the voice. It works quite well. The time between these posts of mine still let me remember the recording I've listened to for slightly more than a minute. It should be just fine, I think.

quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting experiment:

For those who are making non-human tulpae that can't talk because of anatomical restrictions (night fury, parrot, etc.), might it be possible to have 2 voices? Like the dragons in the Inheritance cycle. They have 2 voices: one is their mental voice when using telepathy and the other is their real voice (growling, roaring).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.