constant narration

Dog

I've heard constant narration is a very good thing for tulpæ, but I can't really figure out how you would do it. How would you remind yourself to narrate constantly? Also, would after a while it just become talking to yourself (not directing the thoughts at your tulpa)???

Some people wear bands or draw on their hand or whatever to remember to narrate or who they're talking to. I don't do that personally, but it seems to work for most people.

I think that the best way to remind yourself is to write it on something that you see a lot. For instance, I used to write "narrate", on the back of my hands, because I have to write a lot, and subsequently, my hands are always in view. So change the background of your phone, write it on your bag, whatever, as long as it's in view plenty of times during the day.

As for your second question, no, but it does take less effort to direct your energy towards them. It's like talking out loud, but in your head.

You just have to get into the habit at first. As some have said before, remind yourself however; tie a string around your finger/wrist, write "NARRATE" on your hand, or draw something on your arm, and so on. Once you've been doing this for a while, it tends to get easier. You won't have to make as much of an effort to remember, and likely you'll direct the narration at your tulpa habitually.

If your tulpa is based on an existing character, then I'd suggest theming your possessions on that character. (Making them your wallpaper, having keychains and other accessories of them, etc) That way most of the time, any direction you look will have a reminder.

This comes with the downside of appearing obsessed with a character. You don't have to overdo it though. The wallpaper part is probably the most unintrusive and useful.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.