Tulpaism Speculation

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how you've been joking half the time but people continue to take your ideas seriously.

I wonder what the status for these robots is now.

And look how smoothly You passed from idea two, to idea one.

I was woandering, how tulpae will manifest in virtual reality, like in Neuromacer - Matrix - Ghost In The Shell type of cyberspace. Wher You controll virtual avatar with toughts. Will 'the net' be able to precive tulape, as another beeing?

Oh, an there is a matter of dataflow. Whe we control machine with our mind, we perform man to machine comunication. But there are project to create

, electronicly coneten to nerv system, allowin blind people to see. And this turns the dataflow. We perform machine to man comunication, giving our tulpa oportunity to precive stimuli other than host. I woander how this would affect a deviation process.

I love how you've been joking half the time but people continue to take your ideas seriously.

I wonder what the status for these robots is now.

Tulpae cause brain activity that can be detected by brain helmet.

i don't think a brain scan would be able to easily tell if brain activityis caused by a tulpa and not the "tulpamancer" but it will definitely detect its activity which you can link to a robot or a videogame.

there is a company selling helmets at only 300$(mainly for videogaming); unfortunately the helmet they sell is able to detect facial expressions and eye movement and customers report that "brain activity" signal of the helmet has a really low quality and they mostly use the facial expression feature ( which is useless for us).

there were other companies selling similar helmets with slighty better neuronal activity sensors, but they all stopped selling and producing because almost no one was buying them.

the skull and the skin destroy a good part of the magnetic signal.

the helmet can only detect activity in very tiny areas near the skull surface, but those areas are big enough to make the detected signal the result of the activity of thousand of brain cells.

the user has to train himself for hours to control the activity of this brain area and the built in program of the helmet use an evolutioanry algorithm to "train" itself to recognize the user command combining the signal of several sensors ( you usually have to stick to your forehead something like 6 sensors).

in the user can move a pointer and make a videogame characters jump, shoot, reload weapons etc.

you can't for example use the helmet to "print" a visual image from your mind, but you can use it as mouse for microsoft paint.

a tulpa should be able to use the helmet but i fear that if it has to take into account and ignore your consciousness brain activity( which might interfere with the tulpa interface if you are both trying to perform different task at the same time) the training time might be greatly longer and harder than the regular user's.

i miss some information:

i don't know how hard a regular user has to focus to use the helmet ( *after* he is trained) and how strong are the subconscious brain activities.

if the focus required is low and the regular subc. brain activities have a similar strenght compared to the consciousness one's then tulpae should be able to easily use an helmet; if not you might be forced to meditate and "clean your mind" in order to allow the tulpa to use the helmet.

that's all i can say.

It might be possible to utilize Tulpa robots as slaves.

If doing so then we could do this all across the world and create a Tulpa 'class' if you will.

The best bit will be where we don't even have to do anything, since you don't directly control your Tulpa, just give a certain part of your sub-conscious to it.

We'll be able to get them to do all sorts of complex work that programmed robots/p-zombies wouldn't be able to. Since they're 'alive' metaphysically they don't encounter those problems.

Unless there's some sort of mass psychological Tulpa revolt and then humans become enslaved by their Tulpae. Tulpa take control of the world.

I thought about that.

But I can imagine a lot of murders resulting from "But you didn't like that guy! I did you a favor!"

Also we would have a perfect AI right now if most programmers in the world weren't retarded and the AI field wasn't nearly abandoned.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

Exactly. So a Tulpa forcing you to kill someone just because you subconsciously want to' date=' doesn't make sense.[/quote']

I thought we were talking in the context of tulpae with robot bodies.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.