Tulpaism Speculation

we were woops I forgot

still even in a robot body, why would a tulpae do something like that if they had no modivation to themsleves

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know really I was sorta joking, I had to go when writing that so I hardly overlooked it.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

I can imagine doing so would grant the 'mancer the title of Aspurgium, God of Autism

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

It might be possible to utilize Tulpa robots as slaves.

If doing so then we could do this all across the world and create a Tulpa 'class' if you will.

The best bit will be where we don't even have to do anything, since you don't directly control your Tulpa, just give a certain part of your sub-conscious to it.

We'll be able to get them to do all sorts of complex work that programmed robots/p-zombies wouldn't be able to. Since they're 'alive' metaphysically they don't encounter those problems.

Unless there's some sort of mass psychological Tulpa revolt and then humans become enslaved by their Tulpae. Tulpa take control of the world.

INB4 captcha solving/data entry servitors. Terrible...

Likely not needed, because anything you could easily do with a "mind helmet", a tulpa could do as well, but maybe it would cut down on typing time.

Look forward to the next 10-30 years.

In response to the earlier technological musings:

This technology allows, in a very basic way, the recreation of the visual stimulus coming into the brain.

ALL visual stimulus, that should include dreams and more importantly for our discussion: tulpa.

Assuming this technology gets more advanced you could get visual evidence of tulpa (not "proof" because there is currently no objective/empirical way to prove a tulpas existence).

The following video is on computer/brain interfaces (also from the University of California Berkeley) that I havent watched yet

!

http://neurowear.com/

This is half in jest, but I'm sure you could extrapolate interesting technologies relating to tulpa.

This technology allows, in a very basic way, the recreation of the visual stimulus coming into the brain.

ALL visual stimulus, that should include dreams and more importantly for our discussion: tulpa.

Assuming this technology gets more advanced you could get visual evidence of tulpa (not \"proof\" because there is currently no objective/empirical way to prove a tulpas existence).

Now this is an interesting video. Now take that visual decoding machine and apply it to a guy visualizing his tulpa on his peripheral vision. The results could be quite interesting.

Maybe one would actually have to make a servitor instead, simply for the sake of making the hallucination forcibly stand still during the decoding phase.

Ah, on technology I came across another idea: http://tribes.tribe.net/newscientist/threa...4e-8ac38d399c41

In Tibetan mysticism, the tulpa is a physical manifestation of the will, a being or object created, intentionally or unintentionally, directly from the energy of the mind. There are folk stories of tulpa's manifesting from someone's anger or unfulfilled desires, which then take on lives of their own. It occurs to me that what we do when we create a profile on Facebook or Tribe or MySpace, etc., is create a sort of electronic tulpa, a stand-in for ourselves that to a certain degree, has it's own independent existence separate from our own. After all, even when we are not online, our profiles are still out there, interacting with people who look at them, continuing conversations we have long since abandoned. I can imagine a time not too far in the future when these electronic tulpas will be much more interactive and independent. Our artificially intelligent substitutes will buy our clothes and talk to our mother-in-laws when we don't want to. How do you feel about your electronic tulpa, now and in the future. Do you ever worry about the impression you leave via your profile and posts online? Would you like to take it even further in the future, and let it take over a bunch of other responsibilities?

I kind of touched on this idea when I was giving a Tulpaeist interpretation of Serial Experiments Lain, which deals exactly with this type of subject.

The main difference is that neurologically, these aren't the same as Tulpae, I think the author was talking about it metaphorically. To suggest they are is an interesting idea.