LOTS and lots of help needed

Imagine you are an author creating a character. Give your tulpa a back story, a history. What motivates her? Why is she the way she is? And then decide if you are creating an imaginary friend or an etheric being. There is a difference. If you just want a confidant, then imaginary is the way to go. If you want a life coach, then etheric is the way to go. Let us know if you have more questions. I love helping people design things.

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell

Give your tulpa a back story, a history.

Nonononono

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Imagine you are an author creating a character. Give your tulpa a back story, a history. What motivates her? Why is she the way she is? And then decide if you are creating an imaginary friend or an etheric being. There is a difference. If you just want a confidant, then imaginary is the way to go. If you want a life coach, then etheric is the way to go. Let us know if you have more questions. I love helping people design things.

That's called role-playing.

That's called role-playing.

I fail to see the distinction. What is the difference between me narrating a story and a author writing dialog? I think it is an artificial distinction based on semantics. At any rate, I have heard authors talk about characters that take on a life of their own. At this point, the characters themselves start writing the play or novel. Is this a forum where we share ideas or snipe at each other?

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell

Wow guys, was not expecting that. I realized what I wanted to make, but I guess I never really thought it out. I mean, I (we're?) creating a sentient being composed of my thoughts. Another living creature, brought into the universe, That's a lot to take in. You're all so helpful, thanks.

And I'll narrate. All day and all night. But what happens if I don't feel anything? Or if it just doesn't work? I'd be pretty crushed if I just wasn't able too make one.

Awesome. I am sure your tulpa will benefit from your new knowledge.

Narration is difficult at first because it may feel like you are talking to yourself and honestly, it feels a bit silly. Especially if your tulpa isn't vocal. It was really hard for me to keep remembering to do it, and thats always a challenge for others as well. But eventually it will become second nature, and those feelings will go away. And eventually when your tulpa is vocal, you can have conversations instead of one-sided talk. And that's always nice. It develops a bond.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

I fail to see the distinction. What is the difference between me narrating a story and a author writing dialog? I think it is an artificial distinction based on semantics. At any rate, I have heard authors talk about characters that take on a life of their own. At this point, the characters themselves start writing the play or novel. Is this a forum where we share ideas or snipe at each other?

I don't like the idea. That said, go ahead with it if you truly feel that it is morally acceptable.

You aren't writing dialogue, you're forcing an entire personality onto another sentient being. You cannot control another person's personality completely, let alone someone's past. It is incredibly unlikely that they will be exactly who you want them to be. And although they can pretend to be, I don't have any doubts that they will not like it to some extent.

Although those are only my sentiments. I hope I'm wrong. It's just thus far I don't see any point in harming somebody mentally just for the sake of a good story.

Seriously though, feel free to prove to me that you aren't hurting anyone by doing this. It would be interesting new information.

Guest MegaBusta

It's generally not recommended, as when a tulpa finds out that their past is fake it can lead to an identity crisis, especially if the tulpa is based on an already existing character.