I'm developing an application called "tulpaForge". details inside

yellowkills

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tulpa-facebook.

Which means if enough people can get their hands on it, it will do well. But I don't like how you have specific slots for wonderland, and personality lists, etc. These things are optional in the process, so portraying them like something everyone needs (like place of work or interests on facebook) is a bad thing.

We want people to think outside the box with this stuff, not just read a guide and do it just like everyone else before them.

I don't think using this will make people worse at tupperforcing, I just don't like how it makes it seem like this is what you need to have done in order to make a tupperware.

frt

It's tulpa-facebook.

Not at all. There is no "friending". All data is private and stored locally, only seen by others if the user exports and posts it somewhere.

But I don't like how you have specific slots for wonderland, and personality lists, etc. These things are optional in the process, so portraying them like something everyone needs (like place of work or interests on facebook) is a bad thing.

We want people to think outside the box with this stuff, not just read a guide and do it just like everyone else before them.

I don't think using this will make people worse at tupperforcing, I just don't like how it makes it seem like this is what you need to have done in order to make a tupperware.

The goal of this software is to organize and record tulpa related data, not be a guide. I've organized it by modules so that people can pick and choose what features they want to use.

A simple "software usage" tutorial can convey that it's not mandatory to use all the modules.

If you don't want to export it then I see little point to it. So everyone will probably export, so everyone else can see. So it's a facebook/twitter hybrid in my eyes.

The software usage thing is good, but what I was getting at is that people would see this and go "so you [in general] need a wonderland, personality traits in a list and scheduled forcing times. Ok then, I'll get right on this"

All these things are either debunked in their usefulness, actually harmful to development or just down to preference.

I personally use a wonderland, but I don't and didn't use a traits list because it was the biggest waste of time ever. Having a schedule too is bad. You need to be flexible and enjoy your forcing sessions. I know you don't need to fill these things in in your app, but it still encourages it.

The whole process is a matter of "do what you want, but this stuff works for some people btw". This app would make it seem like you need to, or should be doing each of these things, or at least some of them.

frt

If you don't want to export it then I see little point to it. So everyone will probably export, so everyone else can see. So it's a facebook/twitter hybrid in my eyes.

The software usage thing is good, but what I was getting at is that people would see this and go "so you [in general] need a wonderland, personality traits in a list and scheduled forcing times. Ok then, I'll get right on this"

All these things are either debunked in their usefulness, actually harmful to development or just down to preference.

I personally use a wonderland, but I don't and didn't use a traits list because it was the biggest waste of time ever. Having a schedule too is bad. You need to be flexible and enjoy your forcing sessions. I know you don't need to fill these things in in your app, but it still encourages it.

The whole process is a matter of "do what you want, but this stuff works for some people btw". This app would make it seem like you need to, or should be doing each of these things, or at least some of them.

If people are making a tulpa based solely on this application, it's really their own fault for not looking up a guide first.