ITT: We draw our tulpas

Hoppip

Usually the general rule for body proportions (as I know it) is that you draw a head, and then it's another 6/7 heads underneath the chin to get to the floor, depending on which gender it is, f/m.

I think if you are going to draw real life then it's 7/8 heads.

frt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can do arms and torso just fine as well, but when I get to the legs it's like hitting a brick wall. I just can't seem to get them to look right.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

I problem I find I run into is that I overestimate the length of the Femurs, or the upper legs. Also, I underestimate the length of the shins. Also feet tend to be a little smaller than you think for women and a little bigger for men. It's also good to get the hips right- if you mess up the hips than the legs will look silly as well.

Know what they look like at different angles and pick one to suit.

Also, practice makes perfect.

frt

A good way to practice is to start off with guidelines. Once you can get them to work then it's fairly easy to draw over for the main limbs. Much easier than doing leg after leg that looks wrong and you end up ruining the sheet.

This is making me want to do my full body sketch now..

frt

It is my current tulpa! I don't want a human neither can I draw one, and I do not believe that a pony would work for me either. Yeaaaaah...

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

He is watching you!

Damnit, Jawyen, that's making my picture look bad by comparison. Now I'll have to make a badass sketch to match it. Doing that now.