EEG and Tulpa research

Here shortly I'm going to be in possession of an EEG Machine. I plan on using it on a regular basis, while just doing regular stuff to intense tulpa forcing. My long term goal is to use the machine so that my tulpa can communicate, but as to a shorter term goal I want to use it to measure how the brain activity changes during tulpa forcing and when the tulpa is being more communicative. I would love some ideas from people on what else I could do to help progress this along.

Edit:

Feel free to analyze the data and report back here. If people have suggestions of things to try, I'd be more than happy to go with it.

Progress:

Raw data

Tulpa: Alyson

Form: Human Female, slender body, Auburn hair, Emerald green eyes.

Tulpa: Lillian

Form: Human Female, slender, blonde, dark blue eyes

The most productive thing to do would be to try and replicate these results. You're in the position of not having a tulpa right now, so you should get some preliminary data on you speaking and parroting your tulpa before your tulpa is active. As for what you could do to help yourself, I'm afraid I don't know.

Alright, seems fair enough to me. I'll post all results here along with raw data values as possible. Starting next weekend I'll be able to start getting some baselines.

You could, you know, try to replicate everything we think that happens while we interact with our tulpas.

The better thing I imagine would be to try the Ping-Pong technique and see how it goes.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Alright, my headset came yesterday. So I've started just by recording some

. I realize that there is better ways to analyze the data, but I'd have to do some major coding to get it to be anywhere useful. My next steps are:

1. Get samples of me sleeping
  2. Samples of Forcing
  3. Samples of Narrating
  4. Samples of Parroting
  5. And at some point try to let Alyson take enough control that her brainwaves are more prevelant than mine.

I'll redo some steps as I get better means of recording data.

• 2 weeks later...

News: found a better program for recording, so I redid my

. I also recorded a
with Alyson, as well as
. I've recorded a proxy session from just after Alyson became fluently vocal, and a session during sleep. I plan on uploading those vids later.

Edit:

I have a couple questions, actually. Feel free to tell me that they are simple, possibly even stupid ones, but do detail why.

@ Have you any preexisting conditions?

@ Could you perhaps arrange a session where a clicker of some kind is present? It's a good idea to confirm which spikes are generated by what.

@What experience do you have with meditation?

If I can root some more questions from you later, that would be peachy. Is there a progress report I could examine?

Just a note: The NeuroSky MindWave (along with nearly all devices using the NeuroSky chip) have only one electrode. This will give you an overall reading of mental state, but not localized readings on any given part of the brain. You may be able to place the electrode at different locations and get something though.

Standard medical EEGs use 19 electrodes.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

@Chupi Yes, I'm aware of the limitations of the MindWave. Unfortunately it's very expensive to get much more resolution, even though I would love it. I might try moving the electrode around, but it's a headset designed to be worn a single way, So I don't know how much better it would be to try moving it. I'll try at some point anyways, I got nothing to lose.

@birchbark

Preexisting conditions- Not really. For my mental health, I was diagnosed at a young age with ADHD, but I'm pretty convinced that I've grown out of it. I'm also in good physical shape other than low blood pressure, but I doubt that would affect an EEG.

Clicker- That would be a great idea! I'll have to sit down and figure out how to do it, but that's something that shouldn't be too hard.

Meditation- I've had experience with it, but not formally. A few years ago I got on a huge self-hypnosis kick and found that just relaxing every once and a while was good. I used to be able to go from a meditative state straight into a lucid dream, but I've fallen out of practice and can't do it any more. Most of the time that I force with Alyson I'm in a meditative state just so that I can focus solely on her.

Progress report. Well... yeah I have one, but I just started it about a week ago, so it may not have any sort of answers you are looking for. At any rate, it's Here.

• 1 month later...

Since this hasn't been updated in a while.

I've figured how to get raw data off of the device. I've been working with another tulpamancer to extract useful data using MATLAB. I'll post again once that's done.