Materialized Thoughtform

Enoch327

I wish you all would consider putting up a disclaimer on your home page such that you all do not subscribe to the most recognized definition of tulpa. According to the wikipedia and other sources a tulpa is a materialized thoughtform. Something that started in thought and then became manifest in matter. This would have saved me a world of trouble. I would not have come here if I had known how you all felt about this issue. Thanks for you consideration.

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell

It says exactly what the prevailing viewpoint is on the front page. Right here. Look:

What is a Tulpa?

To quote FAQ_man, who you will see has written several guides on this subject:

A tulpa is believed to be an autonomous consciousness which also exists in a self imposed hallucinatory body, which is usually much of your choice. A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of its opinions, feelings, movements.

Taken into consideration, though we have pointed out our general beliefs throughout the website.

What is a Tulpa?

To quote FAQ_man, who you will see has written several guides on this subject:

A tulpa is believed to be an autonomous consciousness which also exists in a self imposed hallucinatory body, which is usually much of your choice. A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of its opinions, feelings, movements.

This phenomenon can be traced back to the Tibetans; they practiced acertain medication technique to create these thought forms. Think: Imaginary Friend, but sapient and sentient.Instead of being in your mind's eye, you'd be able to see, feel, smell, and hear it as it was actually there.I like to think of Tulpae as a hallucinatory schism.Since the schism is essentially from your subconscious, it will be able to interact with your subconscious, allowing near-perfect memory recall, strong and fast math-cranking, and other feats.

For more detailed information on what a Tulpa is, I would recommend referring to the Guides section, and reading the What is a Tulpa? guide.

If you are up for some psychology, here is a sketch of The Freudian Model applied to Tulpae.

Psychological

the school of thought that suggests tulpa are a mundane function of the human psyche that can be scientifically understood, analyzed and accepted within the bounds of modern science (see also: Metaphysical)

Tulpa

believed to be an autonomous consciousness which also exists in a self imposed hallucinatory body, which is usually much of your choice. A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of its opinions, feelings, movements (see also: What is a Tulpa?)

What is a tulpa?

A tulpa is believed to be an autonomous consciousness which also exists in a self imposed hallucinatory body, which is usually much of your choice. A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of its opinions, feelings, movements. It is perceived as completely real, and you don't have to constantly focus on it to keep it around. (See "What is a tulpa" for more)

So this is magic, right?

Wrong. This is a Tibetan concentration technique that changes the subconscious.

Will my Tulpa kill me/harm me?

Tulpae cannot act in the physical world. They can't move things or touch you. They cannot control you without your knowledge. Therefore they cannot kill you. I don't think it is possible to make a tulpa that would hate you. They are interested in self preservation. Of course the possibility for mental scarring is there, but the odds of this are very low. Would your best friend give you bad acid because you ticked him off one day? A tulpa trying to mess with your mind is the same principal. It doesn't happen. (See: Mythbusters: Tulpa Edition for more)

... As well as implying it with "FOR SCIENCE!" at the top of the site, and a completely separate forum for the metaphysical and paranormal perspective.

Guest Anonymous

Bro, just use common sense. You can't create things with your mind in the physical world. That's mentioned throughout the forums. Do your own research first.

If we could actually create physical beings, don't you think it would be all over the news?

Are you implying asexual reproduction or the other kind?

"For the way you mean it, I wouldn't like it. For one, you would have to assume the metaphysical point of view is true in order to keep the close connection of tulpa and creator. I don't believe the metaphysical perspective, so I believe it to be impossible for two physical beings to have that connection. Then there's what Antyla was thinking about, which would lead to a familial connection, but nothing more."

Some early scientists were magicians. I thought there was a tie in like "occult" sciences or "metaphysical" science. Those are book titles that I own. I guess the misleading part on the home page is that you say that the Tibetans regard tulpas as being imaginary. They don't. They see tulpas as being real. I guess this is a site about creating multiple personalities or at least subpersonalities. So I stand corrected. Still there may be an idea or two here that I can learn from. Thanks for your consideration.

By your definition of tulpa they would have to be. More than one personality within a single mind. Or did I misread that too?