Good or not?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Good or not?

• Good.
    • Not.

Question

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I thought of a way to differentiate yours and your tulpa's thought processes:

1. Start forcing, using whatever method you like.

2. Force yourself an opaque box with a hinged lid, whatever size. (I use a cubic black wooden box about half a meter on a side)

3. Either you or your tulpa take the box, then force something inside of it, without telling the other what it is or letting it slip in any way.

4. Play 20 Questions with the object in the box, or something similar. If you randomly think of or get a thought about a certain object, guess it. This "calls out" any stray thoughts.

5. Switch roles and have the other person guess.

6. Repeat if you so desire.

The idea is that it will train you and your tulpa to be able to function separately more effectively, so that you can both think about different things at the same time, basically. I believe this should help with parallel processing and simple differentiation, and general development.

If you try this, please respond with what you think of it and any interesting experiences you have.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what happens, as usual.

I used to do this along with having a supplementary hypnosis script, and that was good for a some interaction with Eva. Although at the time, I was probably just 1-2 months into this forum after trying to connect a cluster of information from lucid dreaming concepts in all areas. And after going through the motions and finding any method to improve cognition, this would be a good exercise for a person to get into.

However, I feel that if there's the aim for differentiation, the person would have to go through more than just 20 questions, seeing how the more they ask, the less likely they'll have a critical awareness or assumption that they could be parroting all the responses (but I know repetition is mentioned in the guide submission). Because frankly, if newcomers that whine about 20 minutes of forcing, even though at least pushing for an hour or more would presumably be more mentally taxing on the mind, I'm not sure if this would help in having more detailed responses rather than laconic ones.

Of course, I'm not trying to refute the guide submission, seeing how the person should start small and get any responses they can. But with anything, if this were to be a guide on differentiation, the reader should know they have to go through multiple sessions to at least get some results. My initial response to this was because there was only a guides section, but now that there's a Tips & Tricks, that's what my gut feeling is telling me.

However, it is an exercise, and it's leading to the end goal of hopefully augmenting cognition to the point where both individuals know themselves partially because of their answers. So I'll stick to approving this for guides, but I'm always willing to go with the majority if there's any that think a Tips & Tricks would be better.

I suppose this fits in Guides well enough, so I approve it for there. I think 'Forcing' is a better tag than 'Misc', though, because it is forcing.

I'll side with Waffles on the use of the Forcing tag. The main post is very brief but I guess that allows anyone trying it to come up with their own thoughts on the exercise. Approved for Guides.

The Black Box!

Aw, I got really excited when I saw the title but it wasn't what I expected.

It is a fine method still and for that I will approve it for tips and tricks.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Guest Anonymous

Approved.

"To hide the objects on your end, I'd say to not consciously think about it, but while still remembering it. I know it probably makes no sense, but that's the best way I can think to put it. "

This part still doesn't work too well. My thoughts have a tendency to be very loud at inopportune times.