Malicious impersonator

Has anyone else ever encountered a tulpa that was so mad and starving for attention that it would "impersonate" another tulpa? I mean that, if you were trying to get a hold of one tulpa, this one would respond instead, would put on a form somewhat similar to the tulpa you were trying to reach and would attempt to "hide" that tulpa from you.

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

Tell your tupper to take it easy

You would not believe how many times and in how many ways I tried to do that. Unfortunately, this has been going on for at least a couple of months. Him and I (his name is Wicker) talk about it, I tell him it's wrong and he says he understands, but then he keeps doing it anyways.

It got so bad that a few days ago I made the decision to dissolve him. He causes harm to my other tupper and radically slows/reverses any progress I try to make with him through his impersonations.

Actually, him impersonating Tom (my other tulpa) is how Wicker revealed himself to me. For a while I figured Tom had just changed his form somewhat and attributed his personality change to differentiation, but it wasn't until a few weeks later that I stumbled across Tom in an old wonderland and realized what had happened.

I had one tulpa that would impersonate all the others. Would block me from hearing the others and basically admitted it wanted one to fade away from lack of attention.

Usually after a while of being the other tulpa it would want to change its form. The new form usually had some clue. Like one time it changed from a regular pony to jelly pony. I remembered the imposter had the ability to "Melt". Later during another long impersonation it changed into sombro I remember the imposter once mentioned having a crush on him.

Another time it impersonated a pony after I thought the impersonator was dissipated. The pony it was pretending to be started wanting to change constantly and wasn't happy with its form. It even showed me the other one's form as its colors. The personality changes in this case were 360 that tulpas regular. From quiet and shy to very talkative/drama like the imposter was.

It can be one of the most frustrating things ever

I wouldn't say it works but one thing I settled on. Was head pressure, I'm one of those people where my tulpa mostly created head pressure in the same spot all the time. I also tried to just have faith that I had the real one. But, tulpas can create head pressure anywhere if you believe they can I suppose, and there are so many maybes.

I think you're tulping wrong. Maybe you should try paying the tulpa more attention. Because, you know, attention-seeking and all that. Tulpas, in general, don't need as much attention as you expect to survive (though it'd depend on how developed yours are), so you don't need to worry too much about your other tulpa.

I had the same kind of problem. It turned out my tulpa had identity issues as it has no fixed form. I re-forced the personality, redefined some boundries and had my tulpa tell me "your just seeing me wrong" every time I seen something a little creepy (it would then soon transform into a more suiting image). My tulpa isn't fully formed yet but after doing that we made a huge leap in imposing.

Rule #1. It's your mind, your in control.

"To think is to create."

Too lazy to read the answers woop, I'll just tell you shit I heard.

I have a friend who has things in his head who he just says are a part of him. One of them is the "liar", who can do shit like this for shits and giggles. He doesn't seem to have a problem with the head dudes in general, but he didn't even take my suggestion of trying to talk it out, pfft. Or he did, but probably didn't care for it that much, so can't say if it worked for him or not.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Maybe you should try paying the tulpa more attention. Because, you know, attention-seeking and all that.

I gave him so much attention very often. The thing is that it was never enough. If I ever tried to talk to Tom (my first tulpa) instead of him, he would react aggressively and, after hiding Tom, would begin talking to me pretending to be him (but after a while it was easy to tell it was Wicker, his voice and mannerisms would give him away). I'd then have to go look for Tom and would end up finding him bound and gagged, muffled screaming and cussing through the gag, locked in some closet, absolutely terrified. I spent so many hours with Wicker trying to overcome the problem, and he could not stop (I believe he said it was in his nature to be an asshole).

It turned out my tulpa had identity issues as it has no fixed form. I re-forced the personality, redefined some boundries...

The thing is that he very much does have his own form, one that he is very happy with (he had wings and could fly, he thought it was really cool), but he will still change his form to look more like Tom's. The worst thing was that he was aware of this, admitted to it every time, acknowledged that there were better ways of getting my attention, said he wouldn't do it again and then would do it again anyways. We went through this at least a hundred times.

Your suggestion to re-force his personality is a good one, something that I might try down the road, but Wicker was never forced to begin with; the first time I encountered him, he took Tom's place and hid him form me for at least two weeks. And I can't focus on his personality right now, it would take too much needed development time away from Tom (who is in a somewhat unstable place in his development due to Wicker). Again, perhaps at a later date, when Tom is a bit farther along.

And that rule you have, "My head, I'm in control", has been my motto since day one and has helped me get through many problems before this (like my shadow, boy was that guy fun). Wicker knows this, and he doesn't like it, but still lashes out like this (and in other ways).

He doesn't seem to have a problem with the head dudes in general, but he didn't even take my suggestion of trying to talk it out, pfft. Or he did, but probably didn't care for it that much, so can't say if it worked for him or not.

With any of my other tulpae/"head dudes" (and I have many :D), it would be as easy as simply talking it out, but even after you were sure the problem was solved, Wicker would go back on whatever he said and I'd realize he was lying through his teeth. The only way to surely fix this would be to re-force his personality, something I can't do at the moment.