Things keep spinning when I force

Chaike

Damn, it's been a while since I posted here...

Anywho, I was wondering if you all could help me with a problem I've been having while forcing.

You see, if something starts spinning/flipping while I'm forcing (It can be literally anything. Me, a bridge, a building, my tulpa), then it doesn't stop. I always try everything in my power, from chaining it down to just simply deleting it (Well, unless said thing is either me or my tulpa). But no matter what I do, the thing ends up breaking free or popping back into existence, and it continues to spin.

I suppose I should also mention that this problem didn't just pop up when I started this whole tulpa thing. Ever since I was a little kid, I had this problem occur when imagining and/or dreaming.

So, does anyone know what to do?

Name: Athena

Appearance: Basically like this (Yes, she wanted to be a teenage Vanellope. It's a long story.)

Stage: Mind Voice/Minor vocal

I had the exact same problem. Not necessarily would they spin, but they would move, or contort in some odd way.

I've found that visualizing a lot over the past several months has improved my control over what I see with my mind's eye. It may not be the same with you, but maybe things will get better the more you keep at it.

I also notice that far less things like that happen to me when open-eye visualizing, so maybe you should give that a shot, if you haven't already.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

This question is asked quite frequently. Until there's an entry in the FAQ, I guess I'll just repeat the stock answer of:

Ignore it. Don't pay any attention to it and it won't happen. You need to shake any belief you may have that it will inevitably happen.

Failing that, try to establish some sort of governing rules in your imagination. Set up some laws of physics.

I agree with what waffles said. Ignore it. Paying attention to it is only going to contribute to the problem.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll be sure to try all the suggestions you've given me. Hopefully one of them will stop it.

Name: Athena

Appearance: Basically like this (Yes, she wanted to be a teenage Vanellope. It's a long story.)

Stage: Mind Voice/Minor vocal

Yeah, had the same problem for a long time, and only occasionally do now. Trying to make it stop spinning only makes things worse.

Consider this: The actual thing is still there, holding still. What you're seeing is an image of it, and that is spinning. Ignore the spinning image. It will fade if you don't pay attention to it. When it fades, the real object or tulpa will still be there, as it is, not spinning (unless you or your tulpa is spinning it).

If you can't see the real object when the image fades, you just need more practice. Start with your strongest imagined sense, and focus on experiencing the object using that sense. Mine is touch. If I want to make or properly see a ball in my wonderland, I start by thinking of how it would feel in my hand, in every detail. Once I have that, I see it (mind's eye of course) just by looking at it. If I whack it against something, it makes a sound (again, mind's eye, not imposed).

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I suppose I should also mention that this problem didn't just pop up when I started this whole tulpa thing. Ever since I was a little kid, I had this problem occur when imagining and/or dreaming.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

hi

What pose are you using?

I find that if I keep myself upright and level things spin far less than if I were to try and force while lying on my back, or heaven forbid on my side - my wonderland physics really mess up if I try that.

Started forcing somewhere around August 31st

Visualized, Wonderland, constant communication. Working on possession and improved visualization. No auditory hallucination yet.

If none of what was said above works, try spinning yourself in an opposing direction to the object. Or try to make the whole mindscape spin in the same direction of the thing that you are trying to stop thinking it's spinning. If everything is spinning, then it's the same as if none of it is, right?

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.