'Tricking' the brain

Line

Now, this is kind of hard to phrase..

As I understand it, all of these hallucinations (visual, auditory, etc.) which we understand to be the imposition of Tulpae, are due to us tricking something upon our senses.

Now, if something was to be tricked but they knew that it was a trick, usually they won't be tricked because they are anticipating it and so reject it.

So if our mind knows it's only a trick can it just simply reject the hallucinations which we try to force upon it?

Or are our senses just completely separate from our conscious mind and so independent of these thoughts?

Oh look, somewhere to spam.

It's not a 'trick' as such.

Suffice to say, people know they are hallucinating and still hallucinate. The visual cortex doesn't 'know' anything, and 'tricked' is misleading.

Just see it as a connection to your tupper rather than a "trick". Certainly they (probably) can't manifest in physical reality, but that doesn't mean you should regard any sensory information you get about them to be a "trick" of the brain (unless you believe tuppers themselves to be tricks of the brain, in which case i don't understand why you're even doing this and you can skip the rest of the post if you want). From their point of view, they inhabit a version of reality you yourself would only get by doing an OBE: you're just overlapping things a bit and adding that input to the normal one. [some of the guys here seem not to believe so but i generally find inner shit to be about as "real" as outer shit, you're just training your perception in order to fiddle with things you otherwise wouldn't have access to]. (Heck, they've gotten good at making me hear shit while in hypnagogia lately, it feels as much real as sounds that come from outside my head guise!!1).

Hmmm, thanks, I think I know now, though I might poke back at this later on when I know more.

people know they are hallucinating and still hallucinate.

This is true. Here's a

of John Nash Jr.'s son claiming this. I don't think John Nash Jr. comes right out and says it in this video, but he also still hallucinates.

It's not a 'trick' as such.

Suffice to say, people know they are hallucinating and still hallucinate. The visual cortex doesn't 'know' anything, and 'tricked' is misleading.

Exactly, you're not tricking yourself at all, but consciously creating a hallucination (or a collection of them, if you prefer) when you impose a tulpa.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I sorta see what Line is getting at. Imposition has only worked in flashes for me, and only a few times. It only works if I don't expect to see anything, and then when something appears, I expect it and it disappears.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

It only works if I don't expect to see anything, and then when something appears, I expect it and it disappears.

Yes, this is a much better way of putting it. Does this apply to everybody or just those paranoid enough to think about this being true?

Does this apply to everybody or just those paranoid enough to think about this being true?

Define paranoid

while I fend off these giant spiders plotting to kill me in my sleep.

fourfiction, the idiot.