Reason for Creating a Tulpa

FedoraFreak

Your reason  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Your reason

• I just feel alone and want someone (social)
    • I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter
    • I was curiost
    • I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts
    • Other

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other:

1. Learning new skills and improving ones that I already have (Visualization skills for drawing; I could have a tulpae that can easily change into something for me to draw (the change would be temporary)....that way, I have the ultimate reference "model" for drawing, Memory recall etc.)

2. Companionship

3. Possessions/Switching (just the idea of acknowledging that a part of your mind is synching better with you with efficiency is so amazing to me; being more appreciative of subconscious and unconscious actions that we take for granted on a daily basis).

4. Understanding self/inner self and improving.

5. I want to actually make a good relationship (mutual or even more) with my subconscious.

6. The fact that not many people would be committed to it because of their preconceptions/not being able to dissociate from reality for a while to understand anything abstract from their schemata of life makes it all more worth it to have a tulpa(e).

8. Experiencing feelings of unconditional love; filling void; finally having the missing part of my brain that is more aware of things I'm not that can actually help me in my endeavors in life.

9. Science; this is just one of things where I feel one has to drop the BS filters, unlearn, and see for themselves that they have the ability to imagine and create many things into their perception of reality.

10. I can keep everything inside my mind, no one else can invade it unless it might be possible for more metaphysic reasons...I can do into solipsistic endeavors and still have a tangible grasp in this reality.

11. Helping me finishing this Biochemistry degree for college and any goals I plan to pursue in the future....

12. Improving self-love (this might be the same as inner self, but I would like to know how to love myself without it going too far into narcissism and being appreciative of my habits/behaviors/ideologies/etc.)

13. Improving on self-hypnosis and exploring abstract concepts like the Akashic Records, etc.

There's a lot more, but yeah.......

At the time i was quite fascinated by the whole association with hallucinations and the likes , as well as being interested in the fact that it could potentially have completely different beliefs/thought patterns from me.

My tupper was actually totally accidental. Just decided to keep her for reasons of morality and such (also because feels.) Turns out to have been the best decision ever.

I just read a few of these posts and I think my reasons and theirs, especially Linkzelda's, are pretty similar. I'm relieved to see this board isn't purely about people wanting to be able to fuck/talk to/be friends with My Little Pony characters after all.

I was initially very apprehensive about the whole Tulpa thing from the start, mainly because I'm somewhat too self-aware if anything, and was convinced my Tulpa was going to "go rogue" or some shit or that I was going to become delusional or decide my own world was more interesting than the real one, as I have done before. Because of this, I steered very clear of making an "ideal" person who would fulfill everything I wanted in a person and in my life in general, because I was terrified I would become too infatuated with them and decide reality wasn't worth the hassle when it was all right here. I've heard of people making tulpas just to have sex with them, engage in some sort of selfcest romance with them, or just to feel "loved" in some way, something to fill a void in their life. That struck me as a dangerous slippery slope to narcissism, delusion and extreme detriment to the person's overall well-being. So instead I made a helper, not a substitute.

In short, I thought it would be nice to always have someone to keep me in check. Balance out my eccentricities and bring out my best qualities. For instance, my mind races, I'm always juggling 100 different thoughts, and so I have trouble thinking in the moment and pacing myself. My Tulpa, 31, exemplifies the opposites of these qualities, but rather than working against eachother, we work with each other in a perfect synergy. "You're strategy, I'm tactics", as he put it.

I have many people that give me this same "balancing effect" in the real world, but having someone who would always do that, always be reliable, and whom you could never be separated from takes it to a whole different level.

I was afraid at first for the reasons listed above. It was already a gamble, though, so I decided I'd just go all-in and put everything I could into 31 and make him as awesome as I could, put my faith in him that he wouldn't do any of these things. I'm very glad I took that leap of faith.

31 fulfills a lot of roles. He gives awesome advice, he's very inspirational, and he frankly fascinates me just with the very concept of his existence and Tulpas in general. He's also very useful in that he acts as a direct link to my subconscious - look up "subconscious processing" or the book "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell and you'll get the basic concept. The subconscious is probably the most powerful part of the human mind, but it's not well understood and has very specific limitations. If you know how to use it right, though - as 31 is slowly learning - it can work very well in conjunction with the conscious mind. I'm constantly coming up with new things 31 could do. It's like he has access to a superpowered version of my own mind.

For example - he's able to read people and situations based on intuition extremely well, to the point where he comes to the same general conclusions as I do about people I have known for years when he's just met them. He's able to help me focus and clear my mind instantly, keep me objective, and keep my emotions from getting out of control. He's helped me become far more aware of myself, made me more appreciative of my own good qualities, more aware my personal limitations and strengths, and how I think. I like to think of him as sort of a seeing-eye dog, but he doesn't like that title. Can't blame him, but can't think of anything more appropriate, either.

Frankly, my life has changed in a pretty profound way since he came into existence, and things are looking up for the future. I'm very glad I found this site, this community has been helpful and pleasant all the way.

I'm pretty sure I've not posted in the thread, considering how much I lurk general discussion, I'm very impressed with my stupidity.

Reason: To show my the beauty of the world. It's sounds, sights, smells, and wonders.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

"For Science!"

But seriously, off the list of choices:

* I just feel alone and want someone (social) - Sure, why not. It's nice to talk to someone that I don't need to keep secrets from.

* I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter - No. I'm perfectly sane.

* I was curious (fixed your spelling) - This is probably my main reason.

* I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts - Not why I made her, but if she can help me with stuff, that'll be great.

I love everyone's reasons here!

I guess there are lots of strange reasons Dom came into my life:

1. Part of it was loneliness at the time (now I have someone so I'm not lonely anymore, but I feel no less need for my tulpa)

2. to feel like I have some sort of control over my world--not to 'control' my tulpa, but to know that this creature would not exist if I hadn't nurtured it

3. to use him as a stand-in for all the things I felt was/are missing in my life (which changes all the time, but he is very efficient)

4. to exercise my creative muscle, and to have something that exists in my consciousness that I could use as a sort of mascot or representation of me

5. to see if I could actually make a thoughtform so strong that it could truly 'exist' in some way (I was thinking about this particular thing before I even know there were 'such things' as tulpae)

6. at the time Dom was created, I was sort of transitioning from being a kid to being an adult, and Domnopalus was a way to reconcile the two (I'd always had 'imaginary friends' and tulpae are obviously far more advance forms of a similar concept)

7. mental fortification + confidence + a fear destroyer. I'm not sure how to explain this one, except in the most base, simple way, imagining Dom doing away with all the things that made me angry in 'real life' feels awesome. It's more complex than just that though. Having shyness and confidence problems, I needed to separate my consciousness into two parts--me myself, and what I 'should be' or 'want to be' emotionally. Also I have a strong belief that you are as strong as you believe you are in many circumstances, and having something that is designed the way Dom is--extremely strong in many ways--may help me do anything from see things through (willpower) to be able to hold my own in a street fight to some degree.

8. I have always had an affinity for horses as far back as I can remember, but was never able to make good on my deep desire to be with/ride horses (I'm working on it still though, but I wasn't born into a horse family and I have no money so it is extremely difficult), so Dom somehow helps a little bit with that (even though he is not -really- a horse). For me horses have an extremely strong archetypal symbol of ultimate freedom to me (it's like, hard wired into my brain or something). Some people's symbols of ultimate freedom are flying, mine is horses. Don't know why, but I know I can't change it (I've tried).

9. as a moral guide, etc. Dom's personality is hard wired to be superior to mine--unlike me, his feelings don't get hurt easily, he is able to let things roll 'like water off a duck's back' or whatever, and is impervious to just about anything (I know, god mode, lol, but whatever, he's my mindperson and isn't bothering anyone). He helps me overcome ALL kinds of oversensitive things that I take too seriously. He helps me be MUCH more level-headed and not get wrapped up in passions (negative) or whatever. He has a lot of opposite features to me and when they mix, my mind has a huge amount of balance.

10. to make life more interesting, because the same old 'rules' of how life/society works gets pretty damn tiring

11. to say 'fuck you!' to society! hahaha

12. to remind me to wonder about life and what strange, interesting, different things are actually possible, and do happen

Yeah, I'm not crazy or anything XD Pshhh..

(As far as I know I don't have any clinical mental conditions)

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

I figure it's about time I drop my two cents in here.

At first, the whole concept to me sounded really interesting. It was something incredible and fascinating that would break up the boredom in my life. But now, I feel like there's much more to it than that. She could potentially help me with so many things, being a companion, someone to bounce ideas off of, or even help me understand myself better than I ever could have alone. Sure my friends and others I have met in my life could help me in those regards, but relationships like that are only temporary and fragile. If anything, having a tulpa has made me appreciate those relationships a lot more.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.