Reason for Creating a Tulpa

FedoraFreak

Your reason  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Your reason

• I just feel alone and want someone (social)
    • I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter
    • I was curiost
    • I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts
    • Other

I created the tulpa Nobillis for two reasons :

1) "For Science!" this site says, and I have a strong motivation for research in this area. So I thought creating a tulpa by these non-Tibetan means would be an interesting experiment.

2) I need an ambassador to the site. I remember the last wave of Tulpa fascination in the 1970's/1980's. I date from that period of time. It seems I'm too old and too strange to communicate on tulpa.info without freaking out just about everyone. Also, as it was explained to me on 4chan/mlp, as I am old people think of me as an authority figure (for some reason), and I am NOT an authority figure. I may have firm opinions, but they are not more valid then anyone else. So I picked a form that would be least noticable and created a tulpa to be an ambassador - from the Tulpa of the far past (the four+ of us) to the Tulpa of today.

I was very wary of this site at first. Truthfully it bought back too many painful and long-ignored memories that I could well do without.

Possibly there is some use for old tulpas. Today I was able to answer some questions for a mother concerned about her child who was thinking of making a tulpa. It seems she was very worried, and her son had told her to ask on the #tulpa.info chat. Assuming that was not a troll, I think we were able to answer her questions to her satisfaction.

Normally I would have Nobillis post this, but she still gets a little confused when the topic is herself.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Friend.

2. Friend who doesn't judge me, want anything, and has no reason to ever wish harm on me.

3. Curiosity.

4. I was never very imaginative, and this, along with a few other ideas, is something that I hope to use to change that.

5. I've been testing the limits of the human mind a lot recently, and it all really interests me. Someone once said that what you see and hear isn't actually what's in the world, it's how your brain interperates it. I think of most peoples minds like a Mac, and I'm trying to make mine into a Linux machine - I want to be able to edit any feed, change any perception, stimulate the release of chemicals...Messing with the visual and auditory feeds, as well as the sentient parts of my mind is a first stride that I'm making here.

Guest kingfisher

A. I want to have a kind of friendship that would allow me to work in jolly cooperation and perfect harmony with my inner self, a friendship that is unconditional and worthwhile;

B. I want to work on a more productive lifestyle than putting my beliefs in counterproductive myths, traditions and things of the like; and lastly,

C. Being a psychology student and all, I think it would count as an act for the progression of science and also for my own curious enlightenment.

• 2 weeks later...

This brain is strange. Growing up imagination ran wild and so being able to just think of something (or more often sometimes just randomly appeared) and ‘see it’ or ’hear it’ wasn’t often that hard. So those aspects and building blocks for creating a tulpa seemed natural. So upon hearing and learning more about the concept … I looked and there was a big black dog in the room with me.

Its grown from there of course. A reason that came later was that having a tulpa actually helped with the random imagination issues and mental sidetracks allowing for more focus on projects. Creating a tulpa (and then a few later on) seemed like an interesting channel to funnel into all that want to imagine and create things throughout the day when sitting down and drawing or writing wasn’t available. Also the companionship was nice as well as an interesting way to introspect into the workings and limits of this very weird thing they call a brain.

Because the fact that all of my friends are attracted to my fake personality that I use in public, and I thought I might need a friend who appreciates me for the actual good I have inside me.

Because schooling is hard and my ambitions are entirely based upon the vast intellectual gain included with tulpae.

Because all the friends mentioned previously are slowly drifting away due to circumstances out of my control.

Because of this:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMvzI7SIBA

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

the vast intellectual gain included with tulpae.

News to me.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

News to me.

Unless you're making a tulpa with a personality easily summed up as "stupid," you're making another you, with likely the same or greater intellect as yourself, and coupled with the incredible memory the subconscious is gifted with, you're uber-[insert gender here] in terms of your mind.

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

Uhhuh, sure thing, brah. How about you lurk more.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)