Reason for Creating a Tulpa

FedoraFreak

Your reason  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Your reason

• I just feel alone and want someone (social)
    • I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter
    • I was curiost
    • I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts
    • Other

I've always wanted to have imaginary friends, but none ended up long lasting. Which was fine I guess since they were basically all just puppets.

I just want one for realsies.

This, pretty much. I've always had imaginary friends, even into high school, but I wanted one that could respond back to me, that I could interact with. Someone that I could keep to myself and could be mine and mine alone. I have a hard time keeping friends, so I figured it would be nice to have one that I couldn't lose contact with.

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all so weird.. I love it (:

Anyway my reason is first Of all, the need of a true friend. I never really liked any of my friends to the same degree that they liked me. I never could, and trust me - I've tried. So a tulpa is, well a real soul-mate. Another reason would be to increase my capabilities, and challenge the boundaries of this phenomena, making my and my tulpa's life the most efficient it can be. Not to mention exploration of the unknown.. (:

Still dreaming..

for a while after i found this website i liked the idea of a tulpa but didnt feel it was right for me funny thing was i seemed to unintentionaly work on Hanna before i really wanted to have a tulpa so i started getting worried that she was going to pop up anyways so i decided that id rather great her with love and a good "home" than fear so i starting trying to be a good host funny thing was that night i had a dream light no other ive had that lasted the whole night(even after waking up) of a black screen full of code and frome what i could make out was character traits and stuff

• 1 year later...

A question I have asked myself sometimes is why create a Tulpa? I am very interested in knowing why some on you guys have created (or are creating) your Tulpas.

Flandre, Reisen and Tewi were spontaneous. Reisen's "creation" was a lot more drawn out but equally unintentional, the other two just sort of appeared one day not long after I was convinced Reisen was a separate entity.

I created Lucilyn a little over five years later on purpose, though, for a few reasons. First, I was interested in actually going through the tulpa creation process (which I wrote about here) after having tulpas for quite a while and learning a lot about them here on the forum. Second, I chose to make someone like her because I thought our system could benefit from someone more lively, maybe with a "younger" energy, hoping her presence would make our system more active and maybe help with my motivation issues. That was my general intent, but I wouldn't say I created who she is, she's certainly her own person then and now. She sure added that liveliness to the system though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(N: Dangit, that should've gone on the Nachtrabe account. Gonna leave this up here anyway, but... yeah. 'Tis obviously a host post, not a tulpa post.

... Hah, host post sounds funny.

First of all, I always wanted an imaginary friend as a kid, but my brain went "nope, they're not real, this is ridiculous, nobody will take you serious ever again" every dang time. Sooo, this was a pretty good way to trick my brain into doing what I've been wanting it to do for just under two frickin decades.

Second, just to see if I could. I have a pretty interesting collection of tulpa-influencing factors (life-long storyteller, writer, artist, habitual daydreamer, tends to think in complete sentences with hilarious regularity, used to create mental fragments to discuss writing ideas with, used to be into memory palace stuff, on the other hand also has ADHD*) and wanted to see what would happen. Plus, I tend to shout random thoughts into the void a lot (I refuse to call it "mentally talking to myself" because I'm not really talking to myself), so might as well direct that at something that capable of answering. Speaking of answering, my native language is actually German, but my brain works in English 85% of the time and I was interested in seeing how a tulpa would react to that particular linguistic dumpster fire (Answer: First with a great deal of confusion, now mostly in English and very occasionally in German).

Third, I didn't really want to pressure my tupper into anything, but there are definitely some things I could use some help with - those things range from "uh... life" to "discussing how to make some fictional people's existence absolutely miserable". 

Interestingly, the "social" aspect of tulpas was the main drawback for me - I'm one heck of an introvert and I simply can't be around people all the time. It tires me out like nothing else and completely fries my brain. So, putting a person in my mind didn't necessarily seem like the brightest idea. I got over it by assuming that tuppers probably need some alone time anyway and can't possibly talk 24/7. Funnily enough, it's still me who goes and pokes Cyril with a "hey, you still there?" at least once every hour... which kiiiiiind of annoys him a lot.

*And, on paper (which, let's be real, means absolutely fucking nothing), an IQ of 143, which I'm not really doing anything useful with, because ADHD... so it's not like I don't have any processing power to spare, lol

[/end host post])

(N: Dangit, that should've gone on the Nachtrabe account. Gonna leave this up here anyway, but... yeah. 'Tis obviously a host post, not a tulpa post.

... Hah, host post sounds funny.

First of all, I always wanted an imaginary friend as a kid, but my brain went "nope, they're not real, this is ridiculous, nobody will take you serious ever again" every dang time. Sooo, this was a pretty good way to trick my brain into doing what I've been wanting it to do for just under two frickin decades.

Second, just to see if I could. I have a pretty interesting collection of tulpa-influencing factors (life-long storyteller, writer, artist, habitual daydreamer, tends to think in complete sentences with hilarious regularity, used to create mental fragments to discuss writing ideas with, used to be into memory palace stuff, on the other hand also has ADHD*) and wanted to see what would happen. Plus, I tend to shout random thoughts into the void a lot (I refuse to call it "mentally talking to myself" because I'm not really talking to myself), so might as well direct that at something that capable of answering. Speaking of answering, my native language is actually German, but my brain works in English 85% of the time and I was interested in seeing how a tulpa would react to that particular linguistic dumpster fire (Answer: First with a great deal of confusion, now mostly in English and very occasionally in German).

Third, I didn't really want to pressure my tupper into anything, but there are definitely some things I could use some help with - those things range from "uh... life" to "discussing how to make some fictional people's existence absolutely miserable". 

Interestingly, the "social" aspect of tulpas was the main drawback for me - I'm one heck of an introvert and I simply can't be around people all the time. It tires me out like nothing else and completely fries my brain. So, putting a person in my mind didn't necessarily seem like the brightest idea. I got over it by assuming that tuppers probably need some alone time anyway and can't possibly talk 24/7. Funnily enough, it's still me who goes and pokes Cyril with a "hey, you still there?" at least once every hour... which kiiiiiind of annoys him a lot.

*And, on paper (which, let's be real, means absolutely fucking nothing), an IQ of 143, which I'm not really doing anything useful with, because ADHD... so it's not like I don't have any processing power to spare, lol

[/end host post])

Thanks for this ::) have ADHD too and I can seriously relate to a lot of the the things you said here

For me, it was a combination of things: to remedy loneliness, curiosity in whether I could do it or not, exploration of consciousness/unconsciousness.

I have always participated in an active fantasy life, writing fiction as far back as fourth grade, writing down my dreams in journals,, writing poetry. In high school, and the beginning of college, imagination got in the way of performance until I integrated into my method of learning and overcoming learning obstacles. I have also struggled with depression off and on since childhood, and family of origin was kind of tough, so living in my head was always safer. This does seems to be a theme here.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Partnership

2. Wonderlands and making games the will reinvent 3d rpgs.

3. Fun.

4. A good friend that appeals to my favorite things cats and ghosts

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia