Tracing imposed images as an easy cheat in art school.

Wrath

Not sure if this should go in research, general or art.

This has probably been asked before, but would it be possible to impose an image (obviously with a lot of concentration and forcing) onto a screen or piece of paper then simply trace it, using basic guidelines to keep it in place such as outlining before adding details.

I think normally this is done subconsciously after years of practice, and even then you can't see whats coming out until it's actually out. what I'm proposing is a conscious and manual way of doing this instead of the common way that takes years of practice (I may be wrong, I'm no artist myself and cannot claim to understand what goes on within your mind, if anyone if a good artist please correct me).

Experiment:

Would it be possible for one of you to have your tulpa pose in front of a screen, then trace their outline (either using a tablet or pencil). I suggest Drawing some straight guidelines to make sure they don't move or change size. If you feel like participating post the results here.

And finally, what is your opinion on this method?

I've always found it interesting. Can't say I'm too skilled at imposing to actually keep things intact for it to be useful, yet, but I only have my lackluster focus to blame.

I'm interested to see what those more devoted to their imagination have to say or render, though. I do know JD used one of his tuppers as a reference once in his Progress Report thread, but he bawleted the whole thing because too much shpagetti.

>Time dilate

>create masterpiece in a matter of minutes

>Impose a tracing of it

>be finished in an hour

Famous art is magic.

Or just draw a long red bar on a white page and hope for the best

Jade "These are not the droids you are looking for"

Me "These are not the droids we are looking for.."

I was thinking of testing out something similar once I can impose Kai. That is, asking him to take a two-dimensional form and posing on the paper for me to trace. If it works, I fully intend to abuse the hell out of the ability.

Heard somewhere around here about a guy that had a friend that before drawing something, always had it all completely visualized and the friend only had to draw the lines he was already seeing, I guess it's possible. It would be an interesting experiment to see how consistent imposition is, I mean, if it's a stable image or you just think it is, and then when you try to draw it, it is either out of proportions or there are different perspectives or anything like that.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

if it's a stable image or you just think it is, and then when you try to draw it, it is either out of proportions or there are different perspectives or anything like that.

That's why I'm saying put down guidelines, so when you start drawing it you can keep the image the right size without it morphing as you go.

I've done this before. It's not that hard, but visualising the image took much longer than it would have taken to draw the image from scratch. But that'd probably be greatly reduced through practice. The biggest problem was keeping the visualisation a consistant size (it helped allot when I finally figured out that every time the distance between my eyes and the page changed it threw the scale off, but that was't all of it). Guidelines is a brilliant idea. I'm also not a very good artist, and my tracings came out worse than as if I'd just drawn it from scratch, although probably I just don't know how to trace properly, since even when I try to trace an image using translucent paper it comes out terribly. Another thing was it was much harder to work with a three dimensional visualisation than a two dimensional one. I was able to recall the visualisations later and replicate the drawing without looking at the other copy, too. But the visualisations decayed in detail if I hadn't brought them up in a long time. I wonder if it'd be possible to measure the rate of decay over time, and if it's standard across people or varies on some factor?

I think you're right about experienced artists doing this subliminally.

It's been a couple days, has anyone managed to try this with their tulpa yet? This is probably one of the better ways to prove tulpa to other people. Or atleast visualisation and imposition.

That is fascinating mouse. Alright if you're willing to participate in an experiment try this, memorize a photograph, get to the point where you can visualize every point of the photograph, including the entire image to at least a pretty good quality. Draw various guidelines so that you can keep it in place and try tracing it. Shade the shadows ect then post the results. If possible scan the image and upload it to somewhere like tumblr.

Or if you cannot do that draw it using paint (gonna require a steady hand if you're using a mouse). or alternatively draw your Tulpa.

Note: wiggly lines are fine, I just want to see an example. It'll look complex yet drawn by an unsteady hand.

I know it's a lot to ask and if you don't feel up to it that's absolutely fine. I'd be happy with just a circle or cubes even.

Actually what would be even better would be if you could give a live demonstration via flockdraw.

Anyone else with this ability is welcome to as well.

That is fascinating mouse. Alright if you're willing to participate in an experiment try this, memorize a photograph, get to the point where you can visualize every point of the photograph, including the entire image to at least a pretty good quality. Draw various guidelines so that you can keep it in place and try tracing it. Shade the shadows ect then post the results. If possible scan the image and upload it to somewhere like tumblr.

Or if you cannot do that draw it using paint (gonna require a steady hand if you're using a mouse). or alternatively draw your Tulpa.

Note: wiggly lines are fine, I just want to see an example. It'll look complex yet drawn by an unsteady hand.

I know it's a lot to ask and if you don't feel up to it that's absolutely fine. I'd be happy with just a circle or cubes even.

Actually what would be even better would be if you could give a live demonstration via flockdraw.

Anyone else with this ability is welcome to as well.

Certainly! Do you have any images in mind? (I would be interested to see if we got several people to do the same image?) If not, I'll use this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Fuji_seen_from_the_Mishima_pass.jpg

It's detailed, but there's little shading or bluring, mostly outlines.

All I've got is a tablet, so I can't use paint or scan it, but I can take a picture of it to put on here. I don't have a tulpa though, so just visualisations from me.

Memorising a photograph seems a little odd to me, but I guess it would work mostly the same as how I usually visualise, just tracing the outlines and grades over and over. I like to "pick up" and move aroung the object with my hands, and trace the outlines with my fingers too, once it's well enough there, but I can't percieve it tactically.

My guess is it will take 5-10 hours meditation, so I should be able to draw it by the end of next week. Will you be participating too?

This has probably been asked before, but would it be possible to impose an image (obviously with a lot of concentration and forcing) onto a screen or piece of paper then simply trace it, using basic guidelines to keep it in place such as outlining before adding details.

Yes. This is VERY possible. IIRC, TulpaCouple|Nate does it. And I have a friend who draws people by imposing the skeletal structure for the pose, and then drawing stuff around that.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)