Q&A Thread Titles

waffles

A lot of new members make threads in Q&A with titles like "A few questions", and then ask 3 or 4 questions that have been answered countless times before in previous such threads. What I'd ask is that there be a recommendation or even a rule against such a topic in Q&A, instead asking members with questions to ask each question in its own thread, where it is descriptively titled and easy to find later.

Yes, there would likely be an increase in thread creation initially, but long-term, I think it would be helpful.

Guest Anonymous

The subreddit has a nice bit of relevancy here:

3:

No vague post titles. If your post starts with" A question about..." expect it to get removed.

and then ask 3 or 4 questions that have been answered countless times before in previous such threads

I know that this isn't exactly what you wanted, but you can use this in any way that you want if it helps at all. I know that a lot of people ask if their tulpa can do something every single thread ever, and I know it probably gets annoying to have to answer it all the time.

It's sort of an unfinished idea that I was tossing around in my head, so I'm not sure how 'complete' it is.

[align=center]"Can my tulpa do THIS?"

[/align]

Have you ever asked yourself that question? No, you probably have. But that's ok, because it's natural to wonder that. However, as natural as it is to ask questions like that when you're new, it is also natural for there to be a simple answer to these questions. That is what this thread is for: To teach users how to come to their own conclusion on what their tulpa can and can not do. Of course, we're not making the creation of those threads against the rules. If you've read through this thread and are still unsure then, by all means, make a thread about it.

This thread will be organized in a term-explanation form using terms I made up just now.

Also, this post follows the psychological perspective of tulpa.

Independent Actions: "Can my tulpa walk through walls?" "Can tulpa fly?" "It is possible for tulpa to teleport?" The answer to all of these are "YES". Want to know why? Because all of these are Independent Actions. Independent Actions are, like the name suggests, actions that the tulpa performs that are completely independent of the world. You see, tulpa can't physically interact with the world. At least, they haven't been proven to be able to do so. For an easier explanation, let's call tulpa "ghosts". A ghost can walk through walls, sure. That doesn't effect the position of the wall or anything on the wall. A painting won't suddenly fall over because the "ghost" decided to go through the wall instead of the door. In short, anything that does not effect the physical world is something that a tulpa can do.

Dependent Actions: The opposite of Independent Actions, Dependent Actions are actions that effect the physical world. They are dependent on something being there for them to manipulate. An example would be a pencil. Can a tulpa pick up the pencil that you dropped? No, they can't. Can a tulpa push your enemy off a cliff? No, they can't. Can a tulpa make a loud noise for everybody in the room (not just you) to hear? No, they can't. But why not? Why can't my tulpa throw a rock at that guy who gave me a mean look? For two reasons:

1. They are your tulpa, not that other guy's. They can interact with you, not him. They can poke you and you can feel it, but they can't poke that other guy. Well, they can, but it won't effect him at all.

2. The rock is a physical object of the physical world, which the tulpa can not manipulate. Would it really make sense for them to be able to hurl that rock at somebody else if the tulpa exists in your mind only?

Also, can a tulpa go see a movie that you don't have time to watch, then tell you about it? No. It can go to the movies, but it won't be able to tell you about it in detail. When a tulpa goes somewhere that you are not, it will only see what you would expect to be able to see. If you haven't seen the movie, then you don't know what to expect (i.e. the scenes, costumes, dialogue, etc.)

Cognitive Actions: These are actions that effect your mind. A tulpa can read your mind, and speak to you telepathically. This is because the tulpa resides in your mind, so it's only natural that they be able to interact with it. If they couldn't interact with your mind, then you wouldn't be able to see or hear them, since that's how they operate.

Physical Actions: There is a limit to Cognitive Actions. Can a tulpa change your eye color? No, they can't. Why not? It's just changing the chemicals in your brain! Because "changing the chemicals in your brain" isn't effecting your mind, it's effecting your physical brain. Tulpa can't pick up that rock to hurl at the guy, they can't poke that guy (and have it effect them), and they can't physically manipulate your body.* They can't change your blood type. They can't change your height. They can't change your hair color.**

Of course, the exception to Dependent Actions and Physical Actions are in the wonderland. Tulpa can interact with their wonderland, obviously.

*An exception to this rule is possession.

**My hair did start to turn white, but that was related to the actual forcing, not the tulpa.

BELOW ARE MORE EXAMPLES OF EACH OF THE ACTION TYPES:

"Can my tulpa walk on walls?" Yes, that it is an Independent Action. Walking on the wall will not effect anything on the wall.

"Can my tulpa catch me if I fall?" No, that is a Dependent Action. They can't stop a body from falling, because that would be dependent on the body.

"Can my tulpa tell me how many fingers my friend is holding behind his back?" No, that is a Dependent Action. If you don't already know how many fingers your friend is holding behind your back, then the tulpa would have to be able to see it for themselves, which would be dependent on the physical world.

"Can my tulpa talk to my friend over a mic/on a phone?" No, that is a Dependent Action. Doing this would be depending on the phone being able to transmit your tulpa's voice, and your friend being able to hear them.

"Can my tulpa eat food from my plate?" No, that is a Dependent Action. A tulpa can not physically eat food, as that would be interacting with the physical world.

"Can my tulpa taste the food without physically taking a bite?" Yes, that is an Independent Action. Tasting food, without actually taking a bite, does not count as a Dependent Action since the tulpa is not manipulating the physical world.

"Can my tulpa look at my memories?" Yes, that is a Cognitive Action. Your memories are held in your episodic memory, which is a cognitive aspect of the mind.

I put this one at the end because it might confuse you a bit if I put it anywhere else. I also expect you not to get embarrassed while reading this, or something equally as silly:

"Can I have sex with my tulpa?" Yes. This could be classified as many different types of actions, but we'll put it under both Cognitive Action and Independent Action:

Cognitive Action:

Why can you feel it? Wouldn't the release of chemicals be a Physical Action? Under normal circumstances, you would be right. However, the release of endorphins occur as a reaction to the tulpa, not because of the tulpa releasing them itself. While releasing a chemical to change your eye color is physical, releasing endorphins during sex isn't. First, the tulpa starts to perform fellatio. Your mind interprets this sensation, and then you consciously perceive it. It's the same way a tulpa can simply make you mad: They say something, your mind senses it, then you perceive it and get angry. The tulpa doesn't directly release the chemicals to make you angry. By the way, you can also achieve orgasm.

Independent Action:

How can you have sex if it would be dependent on your body? Just like the above, it's all about sensation and perception. Your tulpa can't actually move your penis around. However, if they perform fellatio on you then, because of sensation-perception, you can actually feel it. For these reasons, it is impractical to be on top.

And just because I feel like somebody will ask: "Can my tulpa swallow/take it inside?" No.

Well, they can. They can swallow and feel it themselves, but of course your actual semen will still fall to the ground below/behind it.

I like that, please sticky it everywhere forever.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Please ask another mod to do it.

That's good, I suppose, but really something that could be put in FAQs, rather than stickied. Much as the contribution is appreciated, it's not what I was looking for here.

People ask all kinds of questions, and really they only need to be asked once. The point of descriptive thread titling is that the answer is there forever without any change to the system. It's efficiency in dealing with all questions. Writing answers to all common questions is fine, but still inefficient when you can have the community compile them autonomously.

This is my exact reaction to reading it, too.

I cannot believe how many times I've said "Yes, your tulpa can -obvious indpendent action with not a single reason why they wouldn't be able to do it-". They never stop asking.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Please ask another mod to do it.

You're the only mod who matters.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

To expand on my previous post, we could possibly change the submission page to include the what Phi wrote up, possibly like /r/funny's submission page, but not to such an extent. The thing that separates us from Reddit is that mods can change titles of threads. From this, I have to ask:

Can one report a thread for having an unspecific title, with a more specific title? Par example:

http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Few-questions-and-saying-Hello

An alternate title could be "Imposed tulpa behaviour, wonderland feeling and early vocality". And if you look into the link, you'll see the spelling and grammar isn't very good. Would someone making a better version of it and reporting the thread with the link in the report box be considered ok by the mods? It just becomes kind of hard to read these things some times.