JD's Guide to Visualization

what if you cant keep an image in your head for a second? like i can visualise an apple for a millisecond and it flickers out to darkness and i need to intensly focus on bringing that image back. its hard work and 5 seconds is my record. so my question is that any way for me to keep the image stable im my head? sometimes it flickers out so fast i doubt i even have a minds eye.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are some tips or things to try:

-Move the object around, picture it in motion, or transform it from one object into another. For example, imagine the apple on a table rolling off and hitting the floor.

-Narrate out loud or in mindvoice what you are imagining. Describe it in as much detail as you can.

-Read a novel or listen to an audiobook and imagine what's happening in your mind.

-Look at a photo, picture, or object and describe it in detail, then hide the image and recreate it in your mind, using descriptions if you need to.

-Practice Image Streaming (you can google this for more info). Have a mental image come to mind and describe it out loud, as the image morphs or changes on its own, keep describing it.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpa: Aya

• 1 year later...

I think where I'm having trouble is actually ignoring my physical eyes and focusing on my minds eye. Like I can visualize fine but I'm still focused on my physical eyes and it's sooo annoying. Any recommendations? 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, TundraCoral said:

I think where I'm having trouble is actually ignoring my physical eyes and focusing on my minds eye. Like I can visualize fine but I'm still focused on my physical eyes and it's sooo annoying. Any recommendations? 

Depending on what you're trying to do, maybe just visualizing with your eyes open will help. I used to find it helpful to use the ping-pong balls: Cut one in half, cover your eyes, wrap it with a cloth, then you can keep your eyes open while enjoying darkness's kiss.

Your thinking needs a readjust; total concentration is a must.

-Zecora

Imma Reportin Mah Progress!

And, please, call me Sparks.

This is a legendary guide, very well made.

One little thing I might want to add is related to the concept of "visualizing your tulpa" - especially in modern times where people might not have a mindscape/wonderland.

With Cheryl I often had a problem where I was trying to visualize her but really couldn't, although my visualization skills were okay - I could picture anything else but not her.

Eventually we realized that there's a fundamental question behind it (at least for us): what is your tulpa doing when you visualize?
Say right now, you close your eyes and see, where is the tulpa? what is it doing? Is it standing up, what is it wearing? 
See, my problem was I was trying to visualize her as some inanimate object, like anything else - but you're trying to actively visualize an independent entity, so you need some cooperation.

What solved the problem for me was creating a "mental place" where I could practice visualizing her, with her assistance. 

Knowing where she was and what she was doing, I could just "visualize" that place and her instead of trying to "create" the imagery of her like I would do with any other visual.

This is a problem only if you don't use wonderlands that often or you have no concept of it. Creating one can always be useful for other mind tricks (method of loci) and gives you some peace of mind eventually when you dabble into switching.
Again, doesn't really have to be anything fancy - it can even be just a square empty room - just some place to put your tulpa and to "aim" your inner eye at, because without it you're trying to visualize something that isn't currently there.

In a way this can also be solved by making a "habit" of calling out your tulpa when you try to visualize I guess

This is why I'm not posting anymore, freedom of speech is a lie. Get in line or get shot.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

• 2 months later...

So, I'd like to point out that the images for this guide are suddenly gone, rendering this guide ineffective because it relies heavily on those images. Can a staff member please fix this? This was a really good visualization guide, and it'd suck for it to be rendered useless because the site just decided to purge this guide's images. You might want to also check other guides that had images in case those were also purged.

Hi, I like reading guides.

I also write guides; check out my guide here:
Tulpamancy: Guide into the Strange and Wonderful

authorthingy(galaxysandhorizontal).png.63180e0a60be1f3e36943e24d1a92189.png

On 8/8/2021 at 12:42 AM, Luigi.exe said:

So, I'd like to point out that the images for this guide are suddenly gone, rendering this guide ineffective because it relies heavily on those images. Can a staff member please fix this? This was a really good visualization guide, and it'd suck for it to be rendered useless because the site just decided to purge this guide's images. You might want to also check other guides that had images in case those were also purged.

Should it be needed, there's a translated version of the guide on TulpaWiki that still has all of the images in place. Here's the link

Placid.

Tulpas: Ireen (she/her), born 8th of May 2018.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, Luigi.exe said:

Fixed

There's a weird glitch where if I edit a post, sometimes the old images disappear. Adding the images to the forum directly fixes this problem.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OrdoVsInfo
      So i started development of a tulpa about 2.5 days ago and she's been progressing very rapidly. The first day I spent forcing I came up with a placeholder form and name to help visualize ( I called her Tulp before she chose her own ) and embedded that form with some basic traits i wanted her to be built around and started narateing and parroting her responses. a while later she began to answer me with yes and no. she told me later she knew I would think I was still parroting if she just answered normally so instead since she already knew what i was going to say she interrupted me while i was relaying the thought to her. The next day I tried talking to her more and she started to diversify her vocabulary a bit with words like sure, uh-huh, nope, or nah. Later that day I asked her how she was feeling and she responded with happy. Whenever I ask questions that require more than one word to answer though I feel like i'm definitely parroting because the responses are exactly what I thought she'd say and they don't sound or feel like her. Later that day we talked about what kinda form she wanted and she decided she's 6'2", has black medium length hair, fair skin, a wide mouth and a perky nose. I also asked her what her favorite primary color is and she said yellow. We'll keep working hard and i'll post more updates as they come!

UPDATE

i forgot to mention that i created a mindspace for us that consists of my room and her room ( witch she decorated all b herself! ) and outside is a street and on the other side of that is a park. the street cuts off on both sides and the entire rest of the area is covered in grass as far as the eye can see. Tulip spends a lot of time in the park and also likes to draw things from my memories sometimes.
    • By Teryakywind
      So I've seen a lot of people complaining that when they enter into their wonderland things don't look or feel clear. I have decided to share what I do when visualizing things in my wonderland, when I'm not being fantastically lazy.

This method involves cycling through all 5 of your senses while in wonderland, one at a time, slowly building up until you have all 5 going at once.

Before you start, make sure that you are in a comfortable position, be it sitting or laying down. don't worry about falling asleep, as dozing a little can be helpful here.

Close your eyes, and imagine yourself to be in your wonderland body. Your eyes, both in the physical world and in your wonderland, should be closed, so at first you will not see anything. Be patient with me, I'm getting to that point. Just keep your wonderland eyes closed until the end.

For the sake of example, let's pretend you're sitting in a field next to a burbling stream and a forest. Overhead, the sky is clear, and the sun has reached its highest point before it once more begins its journey towards the horizon.

First, reach down and feel the dirt underneath you. Pick up a handfull, and feel how it crumbles between your fingers. Feel the temperature, be it hot or cold. Keep the dirt in one hand, and reach out with the other, and feel the tall, dry blades of grass that surround you. Feel the sun over your head. Feel its heat reflecting off of the ground and the grass around you. Feel the breeze as it ruffles your hair and brushes your skin.

Now, hear the breeze as it rustles the leaves on the tress and the grass around you. There are birds chriping, singing sweetly among the trees of the forest. There is a cricket somewhere in the field. Turn your head (remember, keep your eyes shut!) and try to figure out which direction the cricket is in relation to you. is it behind you? Off to the side? In front of you?

Next, take the handfull of dirt, lift it to your face, and smell it. Smell the crumbled moutnains, the richness that gives the grass and plants around you life. Smell the breeze, wafting past and bringing you the smell of pine trees from the forest.

Reach out, keeping your eyes closed, and pick off a blade of the rich grass. Put the end of it in your mouth, and taste the sharpness of the sap that carries nutrients to the plant. Take a little bit of the dirt in your hand, toucch it to the tip of your tongue. Taste its grittiness, taste the nutrients.

NOW, tilt your head down in wonderland so that you are looking at your lap, and open your eyes. Look at the spot you are sitting. Notice the texture of the grass that is flattened where you are sitting, the soil it grows from. Look up a little further, and see the long blades of grass swaying slightly with the breeze. Look up a little further, and see the trees in the distance as they too sway with the wind. Look up a little further, up to the sky. Notice the sun shining brightly in the sky above, the clouds floating gently along on their eternal journey across the face of the Earth.

As you go through this, keep the senses you went through before each step as you move on to the next one. Feel, then hear and feel, then feel and hear and smell, and so on.

Apply this to your own wonderland, adapting it to your wonderland's environment.

As you get better and better at visualizing in wonderland this routine will take less and less time until eventually you will be able to run through everything in a matter of moments.

---For those who requested it, a sound version made by user PsychedelicDiamond is available here: http://uploaded.net/file/qgxz0chl ---

Good luck, and happy tulpaforcing!
    • By Elvode
      I wanted to share mine and Nash meditation exercise, this exercise is great for many reasons such as:
      - Improve hearing your tulpas voice
      - Practice visualization
      - Reduces stress
      - Practice your focus
      - Because it's fun!

You can do this when your tulpa can speak and think by itself because it's your tulpa who's gonna lead a guided meditation with it's own imagination and voice, your tulpa will decide what you see around you and what you experience in there.
      The tulpa starts the relaxation in the beginning to make you feel fully relaxed, it could be like your tulpa tells you that you are on a meadow, feeling the grass and sunshine for example, if you have your own relaxing method that is ok too.

When you are relaxed your tulpa will proceed with the mediation using it's imagination, telling you what's around you, are there creatures or trees, perhaps a garden or maybe your inside a volcano because why not, your tulpa tells you where to go and what objects/buildings to approach.
      You will never know what you will experience or see, their imagination might be different from your own.
      Meditation can sometimes feel very real and is also a great way to meet your fears before you face them in real life.
      If you have listened to a recorded guided meditation before it might be easier for your tulpa to understand how it works.
    • Guest Anonymous
      By Guest Anonymous
      Are you bad at visualization? Heres's a fool-proof way to help with visualization. Wait until night, and fall asleep an hour ealier than usual. If you wake up in the middle of the night, good! If not, go to bed an hour earlier. Now, when you've found a time where you can wake up in the middle of the night, start reading on a portable device or something. Something that can change its lighting. Read for three hours. It can be anything. If you can watch videos, do that. After three hours, if you're tired, close your eyes. Imagine yourself in a Wonderland with your tulpa. You should enter a dream-like state. If you do, start forcing! You did the Dani Method

Warning: May experience sleep paralysis
    • By Spice
      A lot of people are confused about the whole mind's eye thing, and others don't know how to use it. Here is a kind of tip kind of guide to using your mind's eye.

From here on out, if you read quickly like I do, slow down and absorb each sentence. It helps.
      Now read these words in your head
      Cat
      Park
      Sausage
      Broom

You saw all of those images right? But not on your actual eyelids. That's how simple the mind's eye is. If you want to train your brain to see images in the mind's eye read a book that is heavy on description and see the images move in your head as you read.
      I'm talking full on movement. Don't skimp out on any details and try to force them into your mind's vision as vividly as possible. It takes practice, but you'll be able to do it in a couple of days or less.
      Another idea is to use a random noun generator and try to get 3D views of random objects in your head. Treat it like a computer program where you can rotate the images. Make them move at different angles, think about the lighting.
      Hopefully you'll be better by the end of these steps.
      Although I'm no stranger to using the mind's eye, I am bad at writing guides, don't take my word as fact, but use it to make your own ideas.